• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Deals WBSC eBASEBALL: Power Pros is now out on Switch/PS4 (first PP game localized in over 15 years, and it only costs 99 cents!)

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
(the last installment, for those unaware. was a random title featuring licensed MLB teams in an attempt to garner a western audience. they only made two of them before giving up.)

yes, this doesn't seem to be a price error. considering it's even on the official site. in fact.....
Does this game have microtransactions?

It does not.
Can I play without an internet connection?

Yes, you can play without an internet connection.
However, without a connection you cannot receive online updates or participate in online modes.
there's no catches from the looks of things, it's just a cheap baseball game.

the only real issue is that it's not a Pocket installment, like the recent installment that came out several months ago.
so there's no absolutely wild story mode you can dive into.
303364-power-pro-kun-pocket-3-game-boy-advance-screenshot-the-professor.png

3 begins with the protag outright dying, and getting revived as a cyborg.

982032-power-pro-kun-pocket-4-game-boy-advance-screenshot-the-series.png
982028-power-pro-kun-pocket-4-game-boy-advance-screenshot-it-s-up.png

4 has a full JRPG Fantasy Adventure about repairing a King's collection of Power Pro dolls.

but if you're just here for pure baseball action, this should be good enough at that price.

That's a bummer that there's no story mode. I'd buy a wacky story for a dollar.

....Jesus, it's been 15 years since Power Pros 2008? I remember that one being touted as one of those underrated Wii gems on forums back in the day, along with the Ultimate Shooting Collection and Arc Rise Fantasia.

Edit: Okay, it looks like Power Pros 2008 came out in July of that year, so not quite 15 years yet.

I picked this up and it’s actually pretty good and has a nice amount of content considering the price.

One thing, is there not a quicker way to create teams so I can play leagues and stuff? When I first went into that mode it literally just had my team that I had to create from the start. You can create teams but it will take ages going through and making sure they have different looking gear and stuff as well, any way to just get some randomised teams?

Anyone playing this here? I started actually playing it tonight but I am having a hell of a time trying to bat. When I’m on the mound, my opponents almost always hit my pitches except the rare few, but when I’m up to bat I can’t hit the ball for the life of me. Anyone have any tips on getting better? I’ve never played a baseball game before, let alone a Power Pro game.

Is there anyone here who has this game and can answer some questions for me? While updating my personal amiibo database, I realized that since this game got a localization we might actually have official localized names for the Power Pros characters that got amiibo cards, so I’d like to take record of that if that’s the case. It’s hard to find any info at all about this series in English, so if anyone could help me out here I’d appreciate it a ton!

These are the three characters that I haven’t been able to find any info about in this latest localized release:

pawapuro-87b44d2ef4d3ff608950d258f40824c7bb9f07ef4af3cb0d3b8fd6d2fcb9a601.png
daijobu-01e05cc6d72155f2ab1e50aed7d4ee8632929f2d7f56e0a89545990fb2718efa.png
ganda-ed86c31b7d46b88bbc2a70aceaa4331c29bdf9d244eae9099c210cebde549adc.png

The first one is Pawapuro-kun, or Power Pro-kun, and I know he’s widely known as such…but I kind of doubt that they’d officially call him “Power Pro-kun” in English. I assume he might just be called “Power Pro” without the “kun” but I want to confirm for sure.

The second one is Daijōbu Hakase which seems to have been localized as “Dr. Goodjob” in MLB Power Pros, but since that was way back in 2007 with the series staying exclusive to Japan since then until now I’m not sure if they would have changed his localized name in this new release or not.

The third one is Gandā, which may very well just be “Gander” in English but I’ve not been able to find any information at all about this character in English.

I’m not even certain if all three of these characters appear in this new game (it’s not the same game that the amiibo cards were made for; that one was a few years back), but if anyone who owns the game could check for me that would be awesome!!

I know I could just buy the game myself since it’s only 99¢…but I don’t really have any interest in playing it myself so I don’t really want it on my Nintendo Account, lol.

I picked this up and it’s actually pretty good and has a nice amount of content considering the price.

One thing, is there not a quicker way to create teams so I can play leagues and stuff? When I first went into that mode it literally just had my team that I had to create from the start. You can create teams but it will take ages going through and making sure they have different looking gear and stuff as well, any way to just get some randomised teams?
Yes this is quite a pain in this game. Why the heck isn’t there already teams made so I can just play against the computer??

Back
Top Bottom