• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Warner Bros Discovery likely going to delist all Adult Swim Games published games off Steam over the next two months

The only reason I can think to delist those is that there must be some kind of licensing or royalties involved? Certainly would be par for the course with Zaslav to delist something rather than pay the creators.

Looking at that list the only game I recognize is Duck Game, but that would be a big loss if delisted.

I am so tired of execs torching shit and knocking over tables just so it looks to the shareholders like they're "doing something". And Zaslav might be one of the worst; the man just has pure contempt for any creative venture or artistic expression

(side note, what are any must-gets here? I'v heard good things about Duck Game and that's about it)

Last edited:
As long as Zaslav is in charge, no part of Warner Bros. Discovery is safe, no matter how seemingly inconsequential. In fact, the more inconsequential something is, the more likely it is he'll axe it.

“If we bin all projects that aren’t making the Fortnite money, soon we’ll only be left with projects making the Fortnite money! Ker-ching!”
“Do we have any projects making Fortnite money?”
“…No.”
“…”
“Redirect all projects onto GaaS! Let’s make this happen! Can’t be that hard!”
“…”

“If we bin all projects that aren’t making the Fortnite money, soon we’ll only be left with projects making the Fortnite money! Ker-ching!”
“Do we have any projects making Fortnite money?”
“…No.”
“…”
“Redirect all projects onto GaaS! Let’s make this happen! Can’t be that hard!”
“…”
if only this were further from what ceos of companies both small and large actually thought and said

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I am glad the devs of Battle Chef Brigade got the publishing rights back on all platforms. I might be interested in Samurai Jack and pool panic if they are on a deep discount.

Coming back to this, despite this mainly being about the Steam version I need to find a physical copy of the Samurai Jack game.

shit company that I refuse to support anymore. Even though they have properties I love like batman and adventure time. Its time to vote with your wallet

Genuinely impressive how bad they are at this. Hopefully the devs of these games can somehow get the rights back. This absolutely stinks.

I try not to be one who exclusively blames everything people dont like about a company on one lone individual (since that often deludes people into thinking the problem will go away when they quit, despite the fact shareholders and execs have a lot of swing too) but damn, WB really seems to be fully tone deaf and completely stupid about their game business.

Even pre-david WB rejecting Mortal Kombat cpllection pitches and neglecting Midway stuff (and charging stupidly high license fees for the catalog for folks like arcade1up) never got to “oh yeah your game no longer exists and you indie devs cant even buy it back” levels of stupid

I doubt it’ll stop if he leaves though and he’s not the only person at the company who doesnt shit a shit about their back catalog sadly.

bTmV4WQ.jpg

I can't take much more of this!

So can someone explain to me why this is happening? Why do these games have to be delisted? Is it some licensing issues or expiration? I've never heard of Adult Swim Games, were they bought by WB? Or did they go bankrupt?

Nothing makes sense about this, other than corporation and capitalism being cancerous as always.

I am so tired of execs torching shit and knocking over tables just so it looks to the shareholders like they're "doing something". And Zaslav might be one of the worst; the man just has pure contempt for any creative venture or artistic expression

(side note, what are any must-gets here? I'v heard good things about Duck Game and that's about it)

Kingsway has always looked interesting to me and has some great reviews

one of those games that has been on my wishlist forever that i've never gotten around to buying though

So can someone explain to me why this is happening? Why do these games have to be delisted? Is it some licensing issues or expiration? I've never heard of Adult Swim Games, were they bought by WB? Or did they go bankrupt?

Nothing makes sense about this, other than corporation and capitalism being cancerous as always.
Adult Swim Games is a game publishing division of Adult Swim, which began as a late-night programming block on Cartoon Network in the 00s.

Seemingly, the games are being delisted to avoid payments to the games' creators. But who the fuck knows what pinballs inside Zaslav's head.

shit company that I refuse to support anymore. Even though they have properties I love like batman and adventure time. Its time to vote with your wallet

If the company moves away from single player games towards GaaS, isn't it likely that the games you love will be removed from the catalog anyway?

I tried to get in contact with as many devs that worked with the publisher once the first person (the developer behind Small Radios, Big Televisions. who ended up making it freely downloadable through his website as a result) mentioned the situation, and got a few responses noting they hadn’t gotten e-mails at the time.

the thing that really worries me is that a decent chunk of developers they picked up seem to no longer exist. from the studio behind their first published title “Super House of Dead Ninjas” no longer having a website (it redirects to a parked page) to Warner personally taking out the team that made Mega Coin Squad in 2020.
in total, seven of the titles they published are likely in purgatory as a result of this.

the developer of Duck Game has made a lengthy blog post detailing his thoughts on the situation. (notably, Warner still hasn’t e-mailed him yet.)
It’s funny how things change. Funny in that fucked up kind of way like when you’re laughing out of madness because life is the funniest joke. I’d always been weary of working with bigger companies and with ASG I thought I had finally found one worth trusting, but the mistake was assuming that forever trustworthy people make a forever trustworthy company. They don’t, and they can’t, because no matter how good a company is today there’s always a chance that the people will change, that the company will go bankrupt or get swallowed up, and that any agreements you made with them will slurp down into the shit pit. None of the amazing people who worked at ASG are to blame, but the fact is that those people where ASG to me, so without them ASG has become a frightening corporate puppet and Duck Game has lost the delicate care of it’s previous keepers.

Back
Top Bottom