• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Wargroove 2 announced

• Thread starter Deleted member 2
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2

Really excited for this. I loved Wargroove as it sort of scratched that "Advance Wars" for a while. I even bought the physical copy when it came out.
I know there were some balancing issues, and it doesn't hold a candle to Advance Wars 1 and 2, but regardless I'm looking forward to what they have coming next.

inb4 "pointless because actual advance wars is coming"

I loved Wargroove 1 on Switch. Excited for this.

I dont think it is pointless at all.

I like the pirate theme! the maps look a little too busy tho with all those bouncing sprites
Yeah I wish you could turn that off. But it is a little helpful for quickly locating all your troops. Lol

Hopefully I stick with this one. Something about the first game feel flat for me about halfway through. I even recently tried getting back into it and I last two missions lol. There's too much war of attrition and not enough strategy.

I bounced off of the first game pretty hard but I'm usually weak to pirate theming...

I liked Wargroove 1, though it had the problem of maps getting too big by the end of the game. I also thought the aesthetic and gameplay was unique compared to Advance Wars, but by the end I started to really miss Advance Wars' music.

Still a really fun game though. I'm a sucker for anything that cribs from older Intelligent Systems strategy games.

I hope they focus on the level design this time. First one felt uninteresting with how big and open the maps got the more you progressed.

All SRPG could learn a thing or two about the tightness of Into the Breach in this regard.

thank god we have a release date for advance wars bc if this came before that it would have been cruel

I'll maybe give this a chance. To me the game wasn't really a hit. It was different enough from Advance Wars to not quite scratch the itch but it also didn't feel like Fire Emblem either - it was just this weird hybrid with the hero characters that I just never really got that into even though I finished the game.

The tropical theme absolutely rocks, it immediately makes me want to play it! That's smart differentiation with advance wars coming back, and just generally a lot of tactical stuff being available now. Just a brilliant vibe.

Last edited:
Looking forward to it! I loved the first one when it released, especially during the great SRPG drought, but we are blessed with bounty nowadays so I hope they will be able to find a solid marked for it.

I hope they release a physical collection of 1 & 2.

Awesome news! I liked the first one, but felt it lacked a bit of the tightness of AW maps. Hopefully the second one will be even better

I really enjoyed the first so I'm cautiously anticipating this sequel, though the trailer didn't excite me. I had a hard time parsing numbers in the first one (especially docked) because of the pixel font they went with and the lack of accessibility options to change the weight or size of said font. You could "zoom in" when playing handheld but had no such option docked, which meant I was forced to play it at my desk instead of the sofa. The UI looks the same and that concerns me.

Tbh everything looks like more of the same, which is no bad thing necessarily, but I do hope there will be several new mechanics to make it feel fresh.

I'm just being a Doubting Thomas... I'm sure the game will be fab. 👍

This is a different development team, right? Are there any staff from the first game working on this?

I bounced off super hard from the first one, and so far nothing in this trailer speaks to me. Which is sad, because I absolutely wanted more games in this style.

Bumping to let people know this has a 20% off pre-order discount on the eShop (at least in the UK and America, not sure about other regions) and Steam. It releases on October 5th.

Trailer from the recent Direct for posterity's sake:

That is not a good date for it given everything else coming out around then. I enjoyed the first one and will keep an eye open for sales, but it's lamentably not a day 1 purchase this time around. Maybe when I'm finally done with Reboot camp I can use this as a nicotine patch of sorts.

That is not a good date for it given everything else coming out around then. I enjoyed the first one and will keep an eye open for sales, but it's lamentably not a day 1 purchase this time around. Maybe when I'm finally done with Reboot camp I can use this as a nicotine patch of sorts.
Yeah...maybe.

I weirdly didn't really care for the first one. I love Fire Emblem. I love Advance Wars.

This was kind of a hybrid of both and it just...didn't click for me.

Back
Top Bottom