• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour VGC: Konami intends to release a Silent Hill 2 remake by Bloober Team, new Silent Hill game, and a smaller episodic, story-focused game

frog

Spin it, boys!
As first mentioned by influencer NateTheHate and journalist Jeff Grubb, one of the in-development titles could be a remake of fan-favourite 2001 instalment Silent Hill 2.

This matches with what VGC has heard from our own sources. It’s claimed that the remake will feature reworked AI, animations, puzzles and several new endings, and potentially release as a timed exclusive on PlayStation consoles.

One of those projects is intended to be a smaller, episodic series of “short stories”, we were told. Sources have previously indicated that Until Dawn studio Supermassive had once been involved in talks for such a project, which eventually evolved into its Dark Pictures games.

However, they said many studios had been involved in pitches for Silent Hill, and it’s possible Annapurna was simply one of those discussions rather than a project that was eventually greenlit.

One new name two people independently gave VGC was Annapurna Interactive, the acclaimed publisher behind games such as Sayonara Wild Hearts, Outer Wilds and Telling Lies, which they said could be involved in the ‘stories’ project.

However, they said many studios had been involved in pitches for Silent Hill, and it’s possible Annapurna was simply one of those discussions rather than a project that was eventually greenlit.

Finally, VGC has been told that Konami is planning to release a new mainline entry in the Silent Hill series. It’s not clear who is leading the project, but VGC reported last year that a Japanese studio was working on a Silent Hill project.

The images leaked last week are understood to be related to a PT-style teaser game, codenamed ‘Sakura’, which is intended to be released as a free digital title to build anticipation for the larger projects.

So, apparently Konami has outsourced Silent Hill 2 and MGS3 remakes. Two of their best PS2 era titles.

Suprised that no good journalist/insider can figure out who is developing the new mainline title, that was what DuskGolem leaked via twitter? Kojima Productions makes sense, i think.

They just can't leave SH2 alone isn't' It? specially western developers.

I get it, SH2 is a beautifully crafted piece of media, it is one if not THE no.1 game in my list, but please let it be already, maybe they should stop trying to copy it (SH:0, SH:H, SH:D, even Shattered Memories to some extend, the movies ) or in this case, to remake it , remake SH1, that could be more needed/Welcomed.

My love for SH2 is such, that im kinda excited if a full on remake is on the works, but i'm a little bit scared and tired of Konami traying to milk that particular cow and overall giving the SH development to cuestionable developer teams, i don't care if they are western or Japonese, but please use good teams that at least understand the series, or horror.

I haven't played any Bloober games, i owna couple so i will take a look for sure, searching on the Internet its games have received pretty mixed receptions.

All I ask is that someone for the love of the dark gods uploads the originals to modern distribution platforms before the next Comic Sans remasters please.

I don't care at all about new Silent Hill games to be completely honest, and I think Silent Hill 2 and 3 are as good as horror gets, ever.

All I ask is that someone for the love of the dark gods uploads the originals to modern distribution platforms before the next Comic Sans remasters please.

I don't care at all about new Silent Hill games to be completely honest, and I think Silent Hill 2 and 3 are as good as horror gets, ever.
Fun fact : the source code of the originals is lost for good. They can’t magically update the originals to modern plateforms just like that.

I can't think of many horror developers more ill-suited to working on a Silent Hill 2 remake. If it were a faithful recreation similar to what Bluepoint did with the Sony remakes, sure. But "several new endings"? Sheesh.

I can't think of many horror developers more ill-suited to working on a Silent Hill 2 remake. If it were a faithful recreation similar to what Bluepoint did with the Sony remakes, sure. But "several new endings"? Sheesh.
Please take this information with a big pile of salt.

I wouldn’t be at Bloober‘s place at this moment, people already harassing and humiliating the studio because of a flippin’ rumor.

We know nothing about what is being really changed / added and with 0 context.
Can’t people just wait for an official announcement before going apeshit ?

PS :
I don’t even know why I’m doing this, I never finished any Silent Hill and probably never will.

Please take this information with a big pile of salt.

I wouldn’t be at Bloober‘s place at this moment, people already harassing and humiliating the studio because of a flippin’ rumor.

We know nothing about what is being really changed / added and with 0 context.
Can’t people just wait for an official announcement before going apeshit ?

PS :
I don’t even know why I’m doing this, I never finished any Silent Hill and probably never will.
Unless you think people shouldn't react to rumours at all I'm not sure what the point of your post is. From what I can tell nobody here is harassing the studio or "going apeshit".

Yeah, calling them « unfit » or « not capable of doing a good game » and other stuff is being nice, I guess.

Also I’m not talking about Famiboards but social networks (Twitter, FB and stuff).

I’m not asking people « not to » react to a rumor, rather not to go overboard.

You might want to look up why this studio in particular seems like a terrible fit for this game specifically

For me the problem with Silent Hill 2 is thay you cannot literally touch the original game, is an impossibile task, you really have to copy everything and put in HD and you cannot add nothing

You might want to look up why this studio in particular seems like a terrible fit for this game specifically

Let’s assume everything, then and never give anyone a chance.

Remember when Mercurysteam was announced to work on Metroid Samus Returns ? Even fucking Easy Allies went « Oh no, they ruined Castlevania with that crappy 3DS game ! »

I can’t believe Mercurysteam did a good game and even after that an amazing game. According to well known reviewers and people who don’t like Mirror of Fate, they should’ve be very bad games and Nintendo shouldn’t have put their trust in them.

I'm more surprised that Konami is going back to the "outsource SH to any western studio with a pulse who wants to make a game", that worker out so well a decade ago.
Apparently the New Silent Hill should be developed by a Japanese team

2 remake and a episodic spin off are western

Let’s assume everything, then and never give anyone a chance.

Remember when Mercurysteam was announced to work on Metroid Samus Returns ? Even fucking Easy Allies went « Oh no, they ruined Castlevania with that crappy 3DS game ! »

I can’t believe Mercurysteam did a good game and even after that an amazing game. According to well known reviewers and people who don’t like Mirror of Fate, they should’ve be very bad games and Nintendo shouldn’t have put their trust in them.

Like I said, the issue is not that Bloober makes 'bad games', it's that, going by their output, they don't seem to have the tact and empathy to tackle mental health as a theme in horror in a respectful way.

Besides, no-one but Konami can determine who can or can't work on the IP, they're the ones giving chances. People not liking Bloober isn't going to cause Konami to cancel the game, you don't have to worry about that.

Fun fact : the source code of the originals is lost for good. They can’t magically update the originals to modern plateforms just like that.
They don't need to, simply release the old CD images as is- on GOG preferrably, just like they did with SH4.

The Enhanced Edition of 2 and the regular PC release of 3 are easily the best way to play the games.

I'm more surprised that Konami is going back to the "outsource SH to any western studio with a pulse who wants to make a game", that worker out so well a decade ago.
The wheel has turned long enough to repeat the same ideas- extract as much money out of that IP as possible with oversaturation like the little grungey cutie pie it is!!!1

25cff3558596acd27c53ee124b2de95e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom