• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Vanilla reconnects with his Switch on the road to Switch 2

Vanillalite

Bob-omb
Backstory - I’ve been a life long Nintendo fan since the NES/Gameboy days. I’m one of the tried and true Wii U owners so had an amazing time with that system. I didn’t manage to get a launch day Switch preorder in, but I did manage to snag one on the first restock wave that they held to coincide with Mario Kart dropping like a month after the system launch. So I got a system with Zelda and Kart and my family of 4 (now 5) was off to the races.

Enter the Pandemic - We loved our Switch, and like everyone else our usage shot up during the pandemic, an we were on the Animal Crossing train. I also had ”upgraded” our Switch with a 128 gig SD card. So during the pandemic dear old dad was just filling that up left and right buying games especially during sales. Some stuff I played, some stuff I beat, some stuff my kids played, some stuff we all wanted to play but no clue if anyone ever booted. Hell I even copped a precious copy of Ring Fit, but I never got around to it.

Fast Forward - So recently as I posted I got back into Animal Crossing with the 5th little member of our household, and it’s sorta rekindled my love for the Switch. While yes I played TotK for some reason Animal Crossing as well as my middle child’s school Art trip to NYC and bring me swag from the Nintendo World Store has rekindled my love for the system. So I scroll over to the list of games we own, and man we got so much stuff I never really played or beat. From Pokemon games I got half way through to games like Kirby Star Allies I never even booted.

So on my road to the switch 2 I just am gonna start clearing through games at night after I put my little one to bed while my Wife studies for her final couple semesters of Grad School. I’ve got first party games like Pikmin to third party games like Tales of to indie games like Wargroove. Suffice to say I won’t be able to clear it all before the new system drops (come on backwards compatibility!!!!), but I’ll keep tabs on this thread on my journey. I’m gonna start this weekend!

Backstory - I’ve been a life long Nintendo fan since the NES/Gameboy days. I’m one of the tried and true Wii U owners so had an amazing time with that system. I didn’t manage to get a launch day Switch preorder in, but I did manage to snag one on the first restock wave that they held to coincide with Mario Kart dropping like a month after the system launch. So I got a system with Zelda and Kart and my family of 4 (now 5) was off to the races.

Enter the Pandemic - We loved our Switch, and like everyone else our usage shot up during the pandemic, an we were on the Animal Crossing train. I also had ”upgraded” our Switch with a 128 gig SD card. So during the pandemic dear old dad was just filling that up left and right buying games especially during sales. Some stuff I played, some stuff I beat, some stuff my kids played, some stuff we all wanted to play but no clue if anyone ever booted. Hell I even copped a precious copy of Ring Fit, but I never got around to it.

Fast Forward - So recently as I posted I got back into Animal Crossing with the 5th little member of our household, and it’s sorta rekindled my love for the Switch. While yes I played TotK for some reason Animal Crossing as well as my middle child’s school Art trip to NYC and bring me swag from the Nintendo World Store has rekindled my love for the system. So I scroll over to the list of games we own, and man we got so much stuff I never really played or beat. From Pokemon games I got half way through to games like Kirby Star Allies I never even booted.

So on my road to the switch 2 I just am gonna start clearing through games at night after I put my little one to bed while my Wife studies for her final couple semesters of Grad School. I’ve got first party games like Pikmin to third party games like Tales of to indie games like Wargroove. Suffice to say I won’t be able to clear it all before the new system drops (come on backwards compatibility!!!!), but I’ll keep tabs on this thread on my journey. I’m gonna start this weekend!
Another Wii U owner! we are a rare breed lol. Im so glad you enjoyed the Wii U. Its legit the best time I ever had with any console. Also btw most of the Switchs best selling games are legit just Wii U games like mario kart 8, Mario 3d world, New Super Mario Bros U, Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Country Tropical freeze etc.
Glad your enjoying the switch! have fun weekend ill be playing mine to.

I’m going to be completely honest, I opened the thread as I understood that you were going back to the switch to complete the games of your backlog but I didn’t read at first and with the way the post looks I thought that “backstory“, “enter the pandemic” and “fast forward” were 3 games on the switch that you completed and were giving your opinion about.

Back
Top Bottom