• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data Updated sales numbers for Switch titles: Fire Emblem Engage (1.61M), Kirby's RtDL DX (1.46M), Metroid Prime Remastered (1.09M), and more

curl-6

Chain Chomp
Hardware sold 3.07 million for the quarter, 17.97 million for the last FY, 15 million forecast for this FY, and 125.62m total.

Updated software numbers:

• Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 53.79m
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 42.21m
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 31.09m
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 29.81m (Switch version only)
  • Pokémon Sword/Shield - 25.82m
  • Super Mario Odyssey - 25.76m
  • Pokémon Scarlet/Violet - 22.10m
  • Super Mario Party - 19.14m
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 15.41m
  • Ring Fit Adventure - 15.38m
  • Pokemon Legends: Arceus – 14.83m
  • Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 12.82m
  • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury – 11.38m
  • Splatoon 3 – 10.67m
  • Mario Party Superstars – 10.17m
  • Nintendo Switch Sports – 9.60m
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land – 6.46m
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League – 2.54m
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 – 1.86m
  • Fire Emblem Engage - 1.61m
  • Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe - 1.46m
  • Metroid Prime Remastered - 1.09m
  • Bayonetta 3 - 1.07m
Total Software: 1.03615 Billion

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft/index.html

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/software/index.html

Last edited:
Sales Update Breakdown

updated sales numbers as of March 31, 2023 (+sales in the last quarter):
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 53.79M (+1.79M)
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 42.21M (+620K)
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 31.09M (+650K)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 29.81M (+810K)
  • Pokémon Sword and Shield - 25.82M (+140K)
  • Super Mario Odyssey - 25.76M (+550K)
  • Pokémon Scarlet and Violet - 22.10M (+1.49M)
  • Super Mario Party - 19.14M (+350K)
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 15.41M (+660K)
  • Ring Fit Adventure - 15.38M (+160K)
  • Pokémon Legends: Arceus - 14.83M (+200K)
  • Luigi’s Mansion 3 - 12.82M (+380K)
  • Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury - 11.38M (+560K)
  • Splatoon 3 - 10.67M (+540K)
  • Mario Party Superstars - 10.17M (+790K)
  • Nintendo Switch Sports - 9.60M (+990K)
  • Kirby and the Forgotten Land - 6.46M (+340K)
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League - 2.54M (+70K)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3 - 1.86M (+50K)
  • Fire Emblem Engage - 1.61M
  • Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe - 1.46M
  • Metroid Prime Remastered - 1.09M
  • Bayonetta 3 - 1.07M (+30K)

Last edited:
Felt like Prime Remastered should have done a little better, though those Japanese numbers are pretty unfortunate. Still, 1 million is nothing to sneeze at. Hopefully it has legs and can get near Dread’s numbers.

On a similar level I thought Fire Emblem Engage would be at at least 2 million given Three Houses reportedly sold a little under 4 million. Maybe Engage will have legs and reach it, but since DLC is over and it’s highly likely the next FE game will be announced soon I doubt it.

Felt like Prime Remastered should have done a little better, though those Japanese numbers are pretty unfortunate. Still, 1 million is nothing to sneeze at. Hopefully it has legs and can get near Dread’s numbers.

On a similar level I thought Fire Emblem Engage would be at at least 2 million given Three Houses reportedly sold a little under 4 million. Maybe Engage will have legs and reach it, but since DLC is over and it’s highly likely the next FE game will be announced soon I doubt it.

Engage just didn't resonate or have the same appeal as Three Houses did to a wider audience. Marketing was also pretty subpar for it.

These latest numbers means Nintendo are about 0.7m units away from selling more worldwide copies of just Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on Switch than GameCubes & N64s put together.

Nintendo has so little games announced atm that they need to also reffer with DLC's

image.png

That's quite the drop for Fire Emblem, from Three Houses' 2.29 million quarterly opening, to Engage's 1.61 million.

Lower numbers than I expected all around tbh. I genuinely thought Prime would be close to Dread’s sales. Tons of positive buzz, but I guess it wasn’t that heavily marketed like Dread was. Engage not even putting up a fight against 3H.

Are those bottom games listed even updated? I swear that’s near exactly what Xeno 3 and Bayo 3 were last update. Just terrible legs or what?

Probably the first switch software sales update that I’ve felt is just a big meh all around tbh.

Damn Splatoon 3 barely moved at all. Seems like sales dropped off after the Holidays.

Probably will tie with Splatoon 2 after all.
This was first thing I noticed, by Dec 31st it had 10.13 mil, now at 10.67. As of March 2022 Splat2 is at 13.3, not sure if they will top that with these legs.

Nintendo has so little games announced atm that they need to also reffer with DLC's

image.png

Really does feel like we are in the final year of the console, I imagine we'll see some more 1st party games this year but on the smaller side or remasters. TOTK is gonna do the majority of the heavy lifting for the year.

It's that time again. The final 3DS and Wii U increases, alongside all the Switch increases. NSMBUDX jumping back into the Top 10 before the Mario Movie sale even comes into play is shocking.

FE Engage feels pretty low but I’m not surprised, the game just didn’t feel that interesting to me with its wafer-thin plot and awful cut scenes (even if the writing in the character bond discussions is much better), and it hasn’t generated anywhere near the same word of mouth as TH. The story, writing and characters just felt pretty forgettable to me as soon as I put it down. Shame really- the battle gameplay/scenarios are excellent, I really enjoyed the ring bond mechanic and all the crazy OP stuff you could do with them.

Last edited:
Prime is a 20 year old game that's been rereleased multiple times already, its ceiling was pretty limited even with a 40 dollar price tag.

I expected a bit more with Forgotten Land's update though, might be competing with Return To Dream Land DX.

Okay, this is interesting: Page 23, Nintendo list Metroid Prime 4 on their slate of upcoming games. Not something they’ve been doing elsewhere of late. Also make it clear that’s a temporary title.

It's been on their slate of upcoming games in these reports for years now with a TBA date.

Okay, this is interesting: Page 23, Nintendo list Metroid Prime 4 on their slate of upcoming games. Not something they’ve been doing elsewhere of late. Also make it clear that’s a temporary title.
Has far as I know, this has been done since Prime 4 was announced.

I think the machine will end up around 140 million, amazing numbers regardless if it gets close to the other 2 or not.
If Nintendo hit their forecast for the current fiscal year then it'll be at 140 million next April. In all probability it's going to end up somewhere around the 150 million mark lifetime, so within touching distance of the figures for DS and PS2.

image.png
Yeah, scanning through there isn't anything particularly interesting. There'll be a conference call transcript at some point, I think, which might be marginally more revealing.

Yeah those sales for Metroid and FE do seem a bit lower then I was expecting. I mean they're still decent, but I was certainly expecting FE to hit 2 million, and Metroid Prime Remastered did seem to have a lot of positive buzz around it. Could be the fact there's so much choice for Switch gamers now, given software sales for all Nintendo titles do seem strong still, just more evenly spread. Especially anything Mario related.

BOTW a whisker away from hitting 30m.

Lower than Three Houses is what I expected, over 1.5 milly is still pretty good for Pepsi-chan. I feel like releasing the DLC so soon might have cut its legs off a little, though

Man, Pokemon SV has basically strapped itself to a rocket and is on a tear to dethrone SWSH.

Hardware sales seem pretty whelming. PS2/DS dream is definitely dead imo. We may never see console hardware sell as much as those two again.

Man, it’s a little sad to see how hard Xenoblade 3 dropped off (last time we had sales figures they were around 1.85 million IIRC). Hopefully the DLC changes that, but only time will tell.

In general, it seems like a lot of new releases have fallen off pretty hard. Wonder what that spells out for the Switch’s longevity at this point. (That said, Prime Remastered and Fire Emblem Engage still have a ways to go, so we’ll have to wait and see how they do going forward.)

I remember when people were acting like 2D Mario was dead because Odyssey outsold it. Nice to see it jumping back up.

Back
Top Bottom