• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion U.S. Labor Department Opens Investigation Into Apple

VHS

Be kind, rewind.
Banned
Pronouns
He/Him/His

The U.S. Labor Department did not provide details on the investigation, but Financial Times says that former Apple employee Ashley Gjovik received a December 10 letter from the Labor Department that confirmed the inquiry. Gjovik was fired from Apple in September for allegedly leaking confidential information.

Gjovik, who has been vocal on Twitter, complained about ongoing harassment and unsafe working conditions at Apple, and she believes that she was fired under a false pretext.

Apple told Financial Times that it is "deeply committed to creating and maintaining a positive and inclusive workplace." The company said that it takes "all concerns seriously" and investigates thoroughly when a complaint is raised.

Original source with a LOT more info, paywall: https://www.ft.com/content/973aae8d-21d9-4e84-8912-ead071c7935d
Stephen Kohn, an employment lawyer and an expert in US whistleblowing law, said the burden of proof needed for the agency to open an investigation was high, as the employee must have already established enough evidence that, unless rebutted, would prove the case. He said the case would be closely watched because it was especially rare for a labour dispute with Big Tech “to break into the public” domain. The labour department rarely investigated such cases, he added, because of the widespread use of non-disclosure agreements to “silence and intimidate whistleblowers”.

I'm sorry but Apple's labor problems are not in the western hemisphere
They have huge problems in all parts of the country. Get yourself up to date with Ashleys claims of just about every type of harassment and assault including at one point being locked in a closet with a manager screaming at her before claiming something like this.

Lol imagine being this smug about being dismissive regarding a culture of harassment
I really shouldn't keep derailing this thread but I just thought it was funny you congratulated me on being misinformed

Since I've understandably upset people, allow me to rephrase my original post in a more serious manner:

I find it discouraging that domestic labor abuses are being sought out while foreign slavery is known and accepted. Of course, this derails from the objectively good news that this entirely separate issue is being pursued. Forgive me for my misplaced bitterness

Since I've understandably upset people, allow me to rephrase my original post in a more serious manner:

I find it discouraging that domestic labor abuses are being sought out while foreign slavery is known and accepted. Of course, this derails from the objectively good news that this entirely separate issue is being pursued. Forgive me for my misplaced bitterness
Why would the US labor department investigate issues from another country?

Back
Top Bottom