• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Spoiler TTYD spoiler thread

Pillydillsy

The greatest banana sherif in town
Pronouns
He/ him
Saw a ton of spoiler discussion on the general TTYD thread, so I made a place to discuss all the major leaks and spoilers about the remake! Enjoy to your hearts content

I only played 64, so I’m not sure about this, but is whacha in the OG thousand year door? If not, that makes his return even cooler

Do we really need a spoiler thread for a remake? I don't think we had one for Mario RPG.
Eh, some people are really against having any things at all shown, even stuff like music. Plus the other thread was devolving entirely into spoiler tags

Whacka is an inspired choice for a new boss. A Whacka fight was planned for Mario 64 but cut.

Not sure if it's a spoiler, but I've been arguing with transphobes all day, the confirmation that Vivian is trans in all versions is a wonderful change, and I'm so so happy.

Wacka is in TTYD, but not as a boss fight.

His theme goes hella hard too.

I'm definitely hearing small motifs from Mt. Rugged and Dry Dry Desert in there!
Ah, my post was poorly worded. Wacka doesn't have a boss fight in the original TTYD, is what I was saying. In the remake, he does.

Also Prince Mush music:

This OST is straight gas

Not sure if it's a spoiler, but I've been arguing with transphobes all day, the confirmation that Vivian is trans in all versions is a wonderful change, and I'm so so happy.
as someone with an experience in this subject
Believe me you should never inter an argument with these kind of people they do not care about what is true and will never change their minds

Something that always occurred to me - did Vivian know of Beldam’s plan to revive the Shadow Queen? Always kind of seemed like a plot hole to me. Don’t remember the initial game addressing it at all, hoping the remake does.

as someone with an experience in this subject
Believe me you should never inter an argument with these kind of people they do not care about what is true and will never change their minds
Trust me I know, especially after today. This whole day has been a huge learning experience. Lol

It's just hard to see such vitriol hatred and not respond.

Something that always occurred to me - did Vivian know of Beldam’s plan to revive the Shadow Queen? Always kind of seemed like a plot hole to me. Don’t remember the initial game addressing it at all, hoping the remake does.
IIRC the original pretty much exclusively blamed Beldam for all the Shadow Sirens' villainy. If Doopliss is any indication, she keeps everyone else in the dark as much as possible. Vivian would (occupying the same role Doopliss does) have been kept in the dark because of that.

A part of that is that Marilyn isn't really a character; she's just the muscle of the group and the game gives her only grunts for voice lines.

Do you have to beat up poor Whack-a to get him as a post game boss? I could never bring myself to do it in the original :(

I always figured Vivian was much younger than the other two (I believe Beldam personally knew the Shadow Queen unlike the other two). It stands to reason that Beldam kept everything close to her chest, seeing Marlyn and Vivian as not needing to be in the know since she just expected blind obedience from them anyway.

we have a list of whats different yet?
Main game is basically the same with quality of life stuff
There are trophies/achievements you can get for doing all tattles, 100% completion, all cooking etc and you get a reward for doing it all
Two new secret/bonus bosses in the postgame
Every chapter has a unique battle theme variant, every partner has their own theme music, there's generally alot more tracks for any incidental thing that happens in the game compared to the original

Main game is basically the same with quality of life stuff
There are trophies/achievements you can get for doing all tattles, 100% completion, all cooking etc and you get a reward for doing it all
Two new secret/bonus bosses in the postgame
Every chapter has a unique battle theme variant, every partner has their own theme music, there's generally alot more tracks for any incidental thing that happens in the game compared to the original

Can you give some detail on the QoL stuff? Any alleviation of backtracking?

IIRC the original pretty much exclusively blamed Beldam for all the Shadow Sirens' villainy. If Doopliss is any indication, she keeps everyone else in the dark as much as possible. Vivian would (occupying the same role Doopliss does) have been kept in the dark because of that.

A part of that is that Marilyn isn't really a character; she's just the muscle of the group and the game gives her only grunts for voice lines.
I thought Vivian was much younger than the other two and she actually never got to hear about their master plan. Granted, it's been like a decade since I last played TTYD.

Can you give some detail on the QoL stuff? Any alleviation of backtracking?
There's a central pipe room that can warp you to any chapter location now
There's a new pipe at creepy steeple
And there's a spring to skip the yoshi platforming part at keelhaul after you do it the first time

There's a central pipe room that can warp you to any chapter location now
There's a new pipe at creepy steeple
And there's a spring to skip the yoshi platforming part at keelhaul after you do it the first time
I heard that there is a way to tattle without gombella out, is this true?

I heard that there is a way to tattle without gombella out, is this true?
yeah you can just press minus I think or something, she does her location/hint tattle in a text box that has a small icon of her on it without her needing to be out

Nice, that definitely sounds helpful! I played this game like a year ago and am trying to decide if it's worth it to go again with the remake...

Unique battle themes for each locale is genuinely one of the coolest things they've done for the franchise, we're so spoiled with the OSTs

I liked the part where Paper Mario said 'it's-a Mario time!' and then befriended a trans ghost.

Also, can I just say that Doopliss' name is genius game design? The game doesn't change at all if you're spoiled on it - you have to go to the room where you learn his name anyway, to grab the letter D for your on-screen keyboard. I've never experienced anything else like that.

Do we really need a spoiler thread for a remake? I don't think we had one for Mario RPG.
Super Mario RPG had new post game content (rematch of the bosses that made them harder, including a remacth with Culex, the secret super boss) that if not discussed on a proper spoiler thread (forgot if it had one or not), definitely was discussed behind spoiler tags prior to release.

Apparently TTYD remake has new additions in the post game too. Easier imo to discuss those here to not accidentally spoil people who just want to hype themselves in the TTYD OT without wanting to get spoiled on new bosses.

Just curious, is there auto save in this version? And does the retry feature work in the pit? I hope not tbh lol

I just want to know if I'm going to have to abuse poor Whacka to unlock his boss fight in the post game.

Back
Top Bottom