• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data Triangle Strategy Ships 800,000 Units in 2 Weeks; 200K Asia

I think the game will have good word of mouth too. There are some wrinkles that could be ironed out but overall I was impressed with its quality.

Bought the game day one but still haven’t started it. I hope the talk of difficulty spikes don’t reflect the game’s easy mode lol.

HD-2D is turning into a goldmine. This bodes well for the Live A Live and DQIII remakes, and future games under this banner.

Once again, nice to see the game isn't flying under the radar commercially compared to other successful Team Asano titles, even though judged by metrics like online and media discourse you might get the impression.

Fantastic. I've completed one playthrough and look forward to my eventual Golden Route run.

Map design, unit balance, and music especially are first class. Lots of good character work and world building, too.

Octopath sold over 2 mil, BD2 sold over 1 mil and this should get it by April. Given that DQ3 is a revered game, specially in Japan, it can easily get to 3 mil.

Octopath sold over 2 mil, BD2 sold over 1 mil and this should get it by April. Given that DQ3 is a revered game, specially in Japan, it can easily get to 3 mil.
If it does reach 1 mil by April I think it proves that HD-2D is really helping Team Asano, that'll be a lot faster than how long it took BD2 to get there.

That's a great performance for an SPRG like this, awesome!

absolutely

MH Stories 2 hit 1 million mark (but Switch + PC) in 10 days
Octopath was release on July 13th, and the million milestone was announced on August 3rd, so three weeks
Triangle Strategy reached 800k in 2 weeks
SMT V reached "more than 800k" in 6 weeks
BDII did 950k in 6 months

EXTREMELY well-deserved.

It starts much slower than Octopath Traveler but eventually it becomes much better with a more engaging plot and a pretty addictive combat system.

Last edited:
BD2 might have had its art style work against it. if whey were more regularly proportioned, it might have hit those numbers faster
100% agree. I wish they had thought of the platform it was being made for a bit more. Hopefully they consider the presentation of the characters more in the next console game,

I want to play this game but there are so many games out now and more are coming out. I have to wait. I'll probably get it sometime this summer when there are less games and I've finished my backlog.

Congrats to the team is good to see these mid tier games have success hopefully other publishers realize not everything has to be AAA

Just remember this too, 800k shipped during a period of a lot of heavy hitters dropping. Very impressive feat that.

BD2 might have had its art style work against it. if whey were more regularly proportioned, it might have hit those numbers faster
That and the way characters look like plastic or the equivalent. You have some great scenery then a whole bunch of models that don’t fit said scenery.

If it does reach 1 mil by April I think it proves that HD-2D is really helping Team Asano, that'll be a lot faster than how long it took BD2 to get there.
As mentioned by others the art style, which I love, might have hurt them. But the bigger thing is the studios that worked on it. TS was done by Artdink, known for train games lol, and BD2 was by Claytechworks a studio founded in 2018, BD2 being their biggest game. In the end they have blueprints for futures games so thats exciting.

As mentioned by others the art style, which I love, might have hurt them. But the bigger thing is the studios that worked on it. TS was done by Artdink, known for train games lol, and BD2 was by Claytechworks a studio founded in 2018, BD2 being their biggest game. In the end they have blueprints for futures games so thats exciting.
Claytechworks was founded by former Bravely staff though, so they had more experience within the genre. I think they tried really hard to keep the look somewhat faithful to the 3DS games, but by using UE4 they ended up with the weird looking style for the character models instead.

absolutely

Octopath was release on July 13th, and the million milestone was announced on August 3rd, so three weeks
Thanks, was gonna ask if someone had this info. Amazing sales, an SRPG basically selling like a JRPG

Claytechworks was founded by former Bravely staff though, so they had more experience within the genre. I think they tried really hard to keep the look somewhat faithful to the 3DS games, but by using UE4 they ended up with the weird looking style for the character models instead.
UE4 wasn't the cause of that. it looks like they were trying to have a characters react to lighting conditions, but the naturalistic look to materials clashed heavily with the abstracted characters. the skin looks fleshy, but on a doll-like character design, it looks strange

Bravely-Default-2-Gloria-Seth-Tiz-Agnes.jpg

I liked the demo, but haven't picked up the full game yet. Great to see it's doing well, very interested in playing it down the line :D

absolutely

RPGs and handhelds are a match made in heaven. Nintendo's handhelds have done a great job cultivating an RPG fanbase for years and all of that is bearing fruit with the Switch. Not to mention it's harder for people to denigrate these games as simply "handheld games" like they used to do in the past. There's a reason Nintendo always gives a spotlight to RPGs in their Directs despite the obnoxious complaints from twitter whiners and that's because Nintendo knows that their RPG fanbase is solid.

This is great news, Team Asano is a true treasure within Square Enix and I'm sure Nintendo is glad to have them in their corner. Personally I would rather take Team Asano's titles over AAA fare like Final Fantasy VII Remake and Forspoken any day.

I was so afraid that TS would floor. So happy for them. This return of Square Enix to AA games is the greatest thing Switch was able to do.

I was so afraid that TS would floor. So happy for them. This return of Square Enix to AA games is the greatest thing Switch was able to do.

Hell yeah. As someone who used to love Square back in the 90s and up the the kid aughts, their output aside from FF14 (which is an MMO) and their 3DS/PSP handheld games, has just left me so cold. FF15 and FF7R were just… ugh to me.

I really like we are getting these type of projects they used to do once upon a time. Even Dungeon Encounters is great, the type of game you would see on the PS1.

Hope they keep this up.

I’m only a few hours in, but this game kind of rules and I’m really thrilled for its success.

Back
Top Bottom