• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Travis McMichael, Gregory McMichael and William Bryan, all found GUILTY in the murder of Ahmaud Arbery

Good, they literally followed a man and killed him. What he was doing was questionable but that's what we have police and courts for, you can't just get your mates and go on a murder mission

Trespassing in a construction site

Maybe its an allowed thing in America? But it's up to 3 months in jail here in the UK.

That he trespassed in a construction site isn't "questionable", that is what he did. I do not understand the purpose of bringing it up in this context though. A warning is the typical law enforcement response to an action like that, all else being equal. It's not even worth mentioning as it's a pretty normal thing for people to do. I suppose it would be different if you were likely to go to jail on such grounds.

It's not even worth mentioning as it's a pretty normal thing for people to do.
This must be a cultural difference then, it's not a normally done thing here, kids are warned against it mainly for safety reasons from an early age.

I brought it up because its the case, he was seen in the area after being caught on camera trespassing before, they chased him and he was killed. To me what he was doing was weird but he didn't deserve to die for that, which is pretty much all I typed in my original post.

This must be a cultural difference then, it's not a normally done thing here, kids are warned against it mainly for safety reasons from an early age.

I brought it up because its the case, he was seen in the area after being caught on camera trespassing before, they chased him and he was killed. To me what he was doing was weird but he didn't deserve to die for that, which is pretty much all I typed in my original post.

I understand that you were just speaking your mind, and it might just be a cultural thing, but in a situation where a person is killed without justification, it isn't typically seen as appropriate to make unflattering comments about the person who was killed unless it is necessary, and this context doesn't seem to warrant that.

I've seen a few people make similar comments regarding the nature of his behavior before he was killed, but it's usually done in a sort of passive-aggressive way, so your post struck me as curious, but I appreciate you clarifying your reasoning.

These three dumbasses will spend the rest of their mouthbreather lives in jail, good.

They’re expected to try to appeal the decision based on the judge’s exclusion of Arbery’s criminal record and mental health records. But unless they had that information when they went to hunt him down (LOLno), I don’t see how that‘s at all relevant to their criminality and expect their appeals to be tossed on that basis. It’s barely relevant even if they knew those details in the moment anyways.

Back
Top Bottom