• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Touch Detective 3 + The Complete Case Files announced for Nintendo Switch (out now!)

mazi

picross pundit
Publisher SUCCESS Corporation and developer Beeworks have announced Touch Detective collection Touch Detective: Rina and the Funghi Case Files (Osawari Tantaei Ozawa Rina: Rina to Nameko no Jikenbo) for Switch. It will launch both physically and digitally on October 6 in Japan for 5,280 yen. It will only include Japanese language support.

Touch Detective: Rina and the Funghi Case Files includes the following content:
  • Touch Detective (originally released for DS on April 13, 2006)
  • Touch Detective 2 ½ (originally released for DS on May 24, 2007)
  • Touch Detective Rising 3: Does Funghi Dream of Bananas? (originally released for 3DS on May 1, 2013)
  • “Funghi the Escaper” (additional content released for the smartphone version of Touch Detective, which has ended service)
  • “Funghi the Interviewer” (additional content released for the smartphone version of Touch Detective, which has ended service)
  • “Touch Detective Encyclopedia” (new content created for this release, a collection of over 500 digital materials including artwork, rough sketches, character images, and more)

edit:

Last edited:
Ooh sick, I played the very strange mobile spin-off “Funghi Garden” games for a couple years awhile back but never actually played any of the Touch Detective games; the character designs and art style always interested me. Hopefully this makes it outside Japan, since I think most of those games have already been localized?

I have never heard of these games, but it looks cute. I'm in, hopefully it's releasing overseas.

I remember reading the ads in Nintendo Power about these games, I was always curious about them. I hope this gets localized!

Oh wow, this is a series I haven't thought of in a long time.

I remember reading the ads in Nintendo Power about these games, I was always curious about them. I hope this gets localized!

Yeah, those Nintendo Power ads are what I remember the most about these games.

Always meant to check out this series, looks like I have an excuse to do so now

This completely flew under my radar, I loved the first game. I never played the second and didn't even know the third existed. I'm interested for sure.

it's been a week since the game came out and there's only one review out for some reason

Digitally Downloaded (4.5/5):
As a 15th anniversary celebration of an incredibly marginal series here in the west, but a far more popular one in Japan, the Touch Detective 3 + The Complete Case Files collection is just blindingly good value. Each game combines classically entertaining and surrealistically funny point-and-click mechanics with memorable characters and some delightfully eccentric moments. This is in so many ways a perfect example of the heart and soul of Japanese game development.

Back
Top Bottom