• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Sales Data Top 15 best-selling games of October 2022 on Nintendo eShop (Europe)

mazi

picross pundit
In a recent news post sent out to Switch owners, Nintendo provided a listing of the top 15 European eShop downloads for October 2022.

For the second month in a row, Disney Dreamlight Valley took the top spot. Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope came out at the end of October, but still managed to place within the top three. Other additions include No Man’s Sky at #7, Bayonetta 3 at #11, Persona 5 Royal at #13, and NieR: Automata at #14.

Source: Switch news

1. Disney Dreamlight Valley
2. FIFA 23 Legacy Edition
3. Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
4. Minecraft
5. Nintendo Switch Sports
6. Return to Monkey Island
7. No Man’s Sky
8. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
9. Splatoon 3
10. Stardew Valley
11. Bayonetta 3
12. Among Us
13. Persona 5 Royal
14. NieR: Automata The End of YoRHa Edition
15. Pokémon Legends: Arceus

please note that the european monthly rankings filter out discounted items.

Once again I can see how out of touch I am. Even as the parent of a Disney-obsessed kid in the UK, I had to look up Disney Dreamlight Valley to see what it was, at which point it’s like ‘yeah of course that’s gonna be huge’ :D

Gameloft have come a long way (through various buyouts etc) to be developing it. I mostly still associate them with making a run of ‘heavily inspired by’ mobile games a decade ago.

I just remembered EA's this comment: "People who own Switch prefer to play our games on other platforms". lol
Even then I’m surprised that the legacy edition of FIFA on Switch does as well as it does. It’s literally just last years game with updated rosters. Seems like putting in minimum effort for maximum profit on the switch version pays off when that’s all the fanbase wants.

The Legacy Edition is a call-back to previous versions, featuring updated rosters, but "without any new development or significant enhancements," EA Sports confirmed. This is mainly for the Nintendo Switch, which only comes in Legacy Edition. It will not come with the new HyperMotion 2 technological enhancements or any of the new gameplay modes. Essentially, this is FIFA 22 with a few minor upgrades

Damn @ Fifa. Fucking EA laughing in the boardroom. Like, the thirst for Fifa on Nintendo consoles is real but EA keeps serving second hand sandwiches. And it sells like crazy 😩

Luigi EA wins by doing absolutely nothing.

I just remembered EA's this comment: "People who own Switch prefer to play our games on other platforms". lol
To add insult to injury, at the time they made that statement the entire EA catalog on Switch was FIFA, Fe and Unravel Two. No shit people didn't buy Switch versions of most EA games; you can't buy something that doesn't exist.

Europe, you need to get your act together.

Sincerely,

The United States of America
To be fair, for our part and of all the most egregious decisions to have engulfed the UK lately, I feel our collective eshop sales choices are somewhere towards the bottom of the priority list :D

Even then I’m surprised that the legacy edition of FIFA on Switch does as well as it does. It’s literally just last years game with updated rosters. Seems like putting in minimum effort for maximum profit on the switch version pays off when that’s all the fanbase wants.

Every FIFA on Switch has basically been FIFA 15 for the PS3 but with updated rosters. Thanks, I hate it

Sorry guys, I get the criticism, totally deserved...but not the feedback to the charts.
We are talking about October charts for Switch in EU here, units-based and not revenue-based

Fifa23 is the only viable option to play football, the most beloved sports in all Europe BY FAR, on the Switch at the moment, due to a complete lack of competitors; it costs 20€ for all Fifa22 owners, with a very simple procedure to be activated through Fifa22 "eShop" direct link, and we are talking about Digital charts here in this thread. It basically costs as an annual roster-update DLC (excatly what it is), and was available since September 30rd so obviously the October charts are going to see the vast majority of its sales, especially if you consider that the offer to Fifa22 owners wasn't active until early October. It's high positioning it's not surprising at all: which game should all the European footoball fans being playing on their Switches? This one, at a very low price (for the low effort)

After that, Disney is a powerful brand, the game was also downloadable for free for some weeks, in "beta", and once again here we are talking about units, not revenue. After the beta version, the game was still sold at a very accessible price (just 30 bucks), in its basic version, and is a game driven by user creations and sharing, so the digital approach/online connection is part of its nature, and the WoM has been pretty positive so far

After that, you see many "meaningful" release at full price, even for "niche" genre (like RPG that in some of the EU countries are not that hot - like Persona or Nier; or SPRG like Mario Rabbids) with new games being able to chart even with very few days of availability in October (Bayonetta 3 and Sparks of Hope), or despite being old ports (Nier and Persona)

I'd say that this chart is a very good one, in terms of consumer reception of different teams/publishers/genres/IP

Sorry guys, I get the criticism, totally deserved...but not the feedback to the charts.
It's because Disney Dreamlight and FIFA aren't the type of games the typical forumgoers usually like.

From what my sister tells me, Dreamlight Valley is pretty decent.

It really makes me sad Konami shit the bed with PES. Imagine if they revived the Playmaker series on Switch, how huge that could be if handled right.

Back
Top Bottom