• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data Top 15 best-selling games of May 2022 on Nintendo eShop (Europe)

mazi

picross pundit
In a recent news post sent out to Switch owners, Nintendo provided a listing of the top 15 European eShop downloads for May 2022.

For a second consecutive month, Nintendo Switch Sports came out on top. Kirby and the Forgotten Land also manages to hold on strong by appearing in the top five.

Source: Switch news

1. Nintendo Switch Sports
2. Minecraft
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
4. Stardew Valley
5. Kirby and the Forgotten Land
6. Pokémon Legends: Arceus
7. LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga
8. Among Us
9. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
10. The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe
11. Cuphead
12. Mario Party Superstars
13. 60 Seconds! Reatomized
14. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
15. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Were previous Smash games this evergreen? I realize a good chunk of them were on consoles with much smaller userbases, but I'm consistently impressed with how often Smash Ultimate charts. 3 years of DLC helped of course.

did dread sales basically immediately drop off everywhere?
i don't think anyone expected it to have legs like the rest of nintendo evergreen games. it did really well for what it was but yea, it dropped off after a few months.

did dread sales basically immediately drop off everywhere?
It did but that was expected , it never had evergreen potential. Also the ‘drop-off’ people talk about 2.7M units to 2.9m units in only quarter is result of Christmas shippments by Dec 2021 it had only sold-through 2.2m units not 2.7m. Dread is having decent legs it will keep selling slowly for years like the other ‘niche’ Nintendo release

Still think it lol, Youtube algorythm has recommended me at least 3 videos with titles like "why Switch sports failed" and I'm like "what the hell are you smoking son"
I may have got lucky but I havent seen any of this type of videos and I watch quite a bit of videogame/Nintendo content

I wonder if the addition of football in Switch Sports is helping sway Europeans into buying the game.
While hardware sales in Europe are probably the best in any region (in the sense of they are around 2021 sales so there isn't any drop in hw sales like there is in Japan) there hasn't been any growth in hardware sales after Switch Sports release more than the sales already expected so I wouldn't think it's pushing any important hw numbers

Were previous Smash games this evergreen? I realize a good chunk of them were on consoles with much smaller userbases, but I'm consistently impressed with how often Smash Ultimate charts. 3 years of DLC helped of course.
According to Wikipedia (so take this with a grain of salt..) Melee was the GC's best-selling game (and was top10 and top5 for Wii and WiiU) so yeah, it's pretty much an evergreen. None of them were as big as Ultimate, though.

People were so certain that Switch Sports was going to bomb...
It was never going to bomb. People attribute online hype and discourse to sales when that's never the case with Nintendo games. Casual gamers aren't going to care that Darts and Basketball aren't in the game at launch. The only thing they might care about is the leg strap being unusable for soccer right now, but that isn't a big feature.

Back
Top Bottom