• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Sales Data Top 15 best-selling games of June 2022 on Nintendo eShop (Europe)

mazi

picross pundit
In a recent news post sent out to Switch owners, Nintendo provided a listing of the top 15 European eShop downloads for June 2022.

Despite debuting at the end of the month, Portal: Companion Collection comes out on top. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge makes the top ten while Sonic Origins and Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes appear for the first time.

Source: Switch news

1. Portal: Companion Collection
2. Nintendo Switch Sports
3. Cuphead
4. Minecraft
5. Mario Strikers: Battle League
6. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge
7. Stardew Valley
8. Among Us
9. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
10. Pokémon Legends: Arceus
11. Sonic Origins
12. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
13. Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes
14. FIFA 22 Legacy Edition
15. Mario Party Superstars

please note that the european monthly rankings filter out discounted items.

Us European Types love us some Portal. But then again, they're great games and reasonably priced sooooooo...

Amazing to see Stardew Valley still there after all these years. Just how many units has it shifted by now

portal being on top is super impressive considering it was released on the 28th.
Portal collection (along with HL2 collection) has honestly been one of my dream ports for years, even more so than Witcher 3, GTAV, and the like.

After Portal did this well I have to imagine a HL2 collection is next.

I also wonder if Nvidia Lightspeed Studios might be up to porting more stuff they did for Shield? MGS2&3 or Rising might be a good get if Konami's down for it?

In American eShop, Shredder's Revenge has been on the top spot ever since the preorder for the game opened. Surprised to see it's not even in the top 5 in the euro list.

Also it infuriates me that EA earns millions on Switch by doing absolutely nothing. Screw them.

Half Life 2 Collection is surely next, Nvidia made some pretty easy money porting from the Shield.

With the FIFA legacy games continuing to chart in Europe, EA is definitely a lock to port those games to future Nintendo systems. I wish they'd see the sales as an opportunity to step up the quality of the port, but they're likely thinking "I can't believe we keep getting all this money for roster updates!" It's like Yahoo when they see their annual AOL subscription revenue.

Gabe: laughs

Valve don't care about consoles, it will be up to Nvidia to do the porting of any other Valve games to Switch. But Valve of course must give Nvidia the "okay" so Nvidia can do it.
If there's gonna be a dedicated Switch port studio, who's better for the job than nVidia?

After Portal did this well I have to imagine a HL2 collection is next.

I also wonder if Nvidia Lightspeed Studios might be up to porting more stuff they did for Shield? MGS2&3 or Rising might be a good get if Konami's down for it?
Lightspeed didn't have the best time with Japanese engines. RE5 and Revengence didn't run all that well on shield. Besides, Virtuos is doing MGS

Nvidia isn't a porting studio, they didn't do much with Portal on Switch, the port was nearly done already as it was on Nvidia Shield (I think it's called), so they did some fickling with it to get it done
You might wanna look up who worked with Valve on the Portal 1+2 ports to the Shield and what else they did.

In American eShop, Shredder's Revenge has been on the top spot ever since the preorder for the game opened. Surprised to see it's not even in the top 5 in the euro list.

Also it infuriates me that EA earns millions on Switch by doing absolutely nothing. Screw them.
The Luigi of publishers

The gaming internet love to shit on it, but if you're a football fan FIFA is legitimately great. FIFA 19 is honestly my most played game on Switch, FIFA 18 is my third.

Yeah the Switch versions are lazy, but if like me you tend to only buy them every other year, it's not really a huge deal.

Fans of other sports can only dream about having a game as good as it.
Fair enough. No one can blame EA for putting out shit games on Switch, it's just the legacy edition fiasco has soured me on anything FIFA

I'm a bit sad that Three Hopes is that low on the listing. As a big Fire Emblem fan but not a big Warriors fan, I'm finding the game to be surprisingly good and well-made.

I'm a bit sad that Three Hopes is that low on the listing. As a big Fire Emblem fan but not a big Warriors fan, I'm finding the game to be surprisingly good and well-made.
It was a late release I suppose, but I thought it'd be higher purely because Nintendo really limited physical stock of the game.

That being said, Warriors games are very niche, and a warriors based on Fire Emblem as opposed to a mega series like Zelda was always going to suffer. I don't think the first FE Warriors did big numbers in Europe either

It was a late release I suppose, but I thought it'd be higher purely because Nintendo really limited physical stock of the game.

That being said, Warriors games are very niche, and a warriors based on Fire Emblem as opposed to a mega series like Zelda was always going to suffer. I don't think the first FE Warriors did big numbers in Europe either
FE:3 Hopes has done better than FEW in all regions in Europe where we have data to compare and even ones we dont have like France it has done great. FEW sold 1M in 6 months, FE3HW should do 1.5-2m

FE:3 Hopes has done better than FEW in all regions in Europe where we have data to compare and even ones we dont have like France it has done great. FEW sold 1M in 6 months, FE3HW should do 1.5-2m
Well that's encouraging. Three Houses boost in effect it seems.

Three Hopes uses a LOT, like… a LOT directly from Three Houses in terms of assets and music, so I doubt the budget was huge. They’re probably gonna be happy with whatever it ends up selling

Back
Top Bottom