• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data Top 15 best-selling games of July 2023 on Nintendo eShop (Europe)

mazi

picross pundit
In a recent news post sent out to Switch owners, Nintendo provided a listing of the top 15 European eShop downloads for July 2023.

Perhaps as expected, Pikmin 4 makes its debut on the chart and lands at #1. Also, Everybody 1-2 Switch manages to squeak in at the very last stop.

Source: Switch news

1. Pikmin 4
2. Minecraft
3. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
5. Stardew Valley
6. A Little to the Left
7. Nintendo Switch Sports
8. Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life
9. Mario Party Superstars
10. Disney Dreamlight Valley
11. Pikmin 1 + 2
12. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
13. FIFA 23 Legacy Edition
14. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
15. Everybody 1-2 Switch

please note that the european monthly rankings filter out discounted items.

• No Pokémon in the top 15. In comparison, Pokémon had never left top 10 on 3DS eShop ever since XY launched, it actually dominated the list with multiple games
  • Everybody 1-2 Switch actually managed to be there
  • FIFA still sells without any discounts. FC24 should de even better, maybe even comparable to PS5 sales?
  • Mario Party Superstars is on its way to become best selling Mario spinoff. Maybe Nintendo should consider making a single player oriented MP.
  • SoS Wonderful Life is performing really well despite none of the other games in the series made it to the list. No surprise Marvelous has announced bunch of RF/SoS games recently.

FIFA still sells without any discounts. FC24 should de even better, maybe even comparable to PS5 sales?
Based from what I’ve seen here in Europe, Nintendo can sell Switches as long as they get FIFA. Every kid with a Switch is playing FIFA.

I'm really surprised by how well SoS: A Wonderful Life has been doing. I don't remember the Friends of Mineral Town remake doing this well, and tbh I would have guessed there'd be more nostalgia/interest in that one than AWL.

I'm really surprised by how well SoS: A Wonderful Life has been doing. I don't remember the Friends of Mineral Town remake doing this well, and tbh I would have guessed there'd be more nostalgia/interest in that one than AWL.

While it may seem surprising that AWL is doing better than the Friends of Mineral Town remake, it's important to consider a few points that could contribute to this outcome. They may be Unique Gameplay Experience, Nostalgia Factor, Marketing and Promotion, etc.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom