• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Tokyo Xanadu New Project announced

xghost777

Magical Girls <3 #TeamJRPG #TrustTheProcess
Not too much info yet, but a new Tokyo Xanadu game is coming in time for the tenth anniversary. It’s set in the same world as the prior game, but it is a new game, with new systems, and will take place in Kyoto this time. It is coming to consoles, but no platforms have been announced yet.

Website here:

I'm into it! The original was a cool idea but had a ton of flaws, so a sequel could really expand and improve what was already there.

Falcom heavily hinted at this. A welcome change from the usual Trails/Ys release schedule.

Let's go Tokyo Kyoto Xanadu.

I see someone else already had the idea.

So the hints were true lol. Great to hear they are mixing up their release output. I will be playing Xanadu for the first time when it comes out so great to hear the next one is on the way.

1709900418037.png

I don't get why people expect this to be a NISA project, lol. We're literally getting a new TXeX+ port with a revised localization by Aksys. This is not a coincidence.

Patting myself on the back for having called this in the Kiseki ST back in January (not that it was a particularly bold guess ahahah). Positively intrigued by the move to Kyoto!

Guess I'll have to pick up the first game after all. Switch version and sequel announcement definitely push me over the edge, even when TX2 will likely be a solidly stand-alone entry.

Wasn’t overly keen on the first one- it was like all the worst bits of Trails and Persona bolted together with Ys combat for me, and just felt like ‘collection of trends of the time’. Still, there’s room for it to grow into it’s own thing.

Original game was like a 6 or even 5.5 out of 10 (boringly average, not IGN scale broken) to me

That said I'll be there day 1 cuz I'm a slave to this company 😅

Back
Top Bottom