• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

PlayStation (TLOU 2 Documentary): Next project at Naughty Dog is not The Last of Us, TLOU3 is just at a concept level “there is one more chapter to the story”

Josh5890

Yoshi
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him

The full two hour documentary is really good. At the end, Neil talks about how they have the concept of one more story for TLOU, but he basically says that TLOU 3 isn't the next thing coming from the studio.

can’t watch, still only five hours in to part 2

definitely wanna watch it tho! try to remind me to watch it after i finish the game josh 😅

can’t watch, still only five hours in to part 2

definitely wanna watch it tho! try to remind me to watch it after i finish the game josh 😅

Yeah, do not think about watching this until you finished the game lol.

TLoU3 was inevitable. 2 is one of my favorite games of the last few years (and I never even liked 1 as much as a lotta folks do), so I'm glad a third entry is now officially confirmed. Excited to watch the full doc later.

TLoU3 was inevitable. 2 is one of my favorite games of the last few years (and I never even liked 1 as much as a lotta folks do), so I'm glad a third entry is now officially confirmed. Excited to watch the full doc later.
I'm in the same boat. I loved 2 and I was so shocked how divisive it was. I know a lot of people were mad about how they felt playing Abby and having the story kind of spin it on Ellie...but I saw that as a good thing. Like the game wants us to feel something because the world of TLOU is dark. So I'm excited for Part 3 lol. However, I'm more excited that Naughty Dog is doing something else. Their next big IP I'm hoping????

can't wait to see what's next, what their new IP is, excited to eventually play tlou part III, but I am okay, it's been uncharted and tlou for a while, I want to see a new naughty dog world :)

Third-person shooter again? The story of TLOU2 didn't do anything for me but I did enjoy the combat a lot, I'd take something like that again.

I really hope their next thing is more lighthearted. Would be fun to see the studio recapture some of that Jak & Daxter energy
Third-person shooter again? The story of TLOU2 didn't do anything for me but I did enjoy the combat a lot, I'd take something like that again.
I think a more cartoony or fantastical third-person shooter would be my preference. They've been refining their TPS chops for many years now. A Jak and Daxter reboot would fit the bill, but there's a fiddle player's chance in hell that's happening, so I'll hope for their new IP to head in that direction instead. If not that, then the sci-fi game everyone's been asking for could be neat too. I'm just hoping it's something tonally different from Uncharted and The Last of Us, and with not necessarily as much of a realistic art style.

but there's a fiddle player's chance in hell that's happening
i’m sorry but i have to ask

obviously a fiddler would have better chances in Georgia than in Hell, right? If the battle took place in Hell, obviously the Devil has better chances. But the Devil is a fiddler. And if a fiddler has no chance in hell, that means the Devil and the fiddler both lose? but then wouldn’t this paradox apply in Georgia as well?

off topic but very important

i might be slightly high right now

They talk in Grounded about TLOU Pt 2 originally being a melee only Bloodborne inspired game... so while it didn't work for Pt 2 and the story they were telling, I could see him wanting to do something along those lines

Underrated underappreciated inaccessible game Uncharted, how are the people supposed to play it otherwise? Thank you Sony 🙏 There definitely isn't a bunch of PS2 games we're all waiting to play in actually good quality and not buggy ps store re-releases

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom