• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Time Magazine names Elon Musk 'Person of the year'. Who is your pick?

TFW you stick your head in the sand because you wanna believe your myth of “hero cops”
We're all on the same side here, no one is mythologizing the police apparatus, just nominating a single man that actual showed up to work and displayed smart thinking that maybe stopped a lot of bad stuff from happening for a fictional award in a tabloid.

Can we please move the thread along?

I nominate James wan, Malignant was so so good, sorry dune. Wan made it seem effortless, in particular that police station massacre. Just pure cinema, I'm constantly looking for an excuse to screen it for any unsuspecting folks.

We're all on the same side here, no one is mythologizing the police apparatus, just nominating a single man that actual showed up to work and displayed smart thinking that maybe stopped a lot of bad stuff from happening for a fictional award in a tabloid.

Can we please move the thread along?

I nominate James wan, Malignant was so so good, sorry dune. Wan made it seem effortless, in particular that police station massacre. Just pure cinema, I'm constantly looking for an excuse to screen it for any unsuspecting folks.
Liberals always say “we’re on the same side” before stabbing anyone to the left of them in the back. Yes and that’s exactly how copaganda works. The guy was repping fascist symbols 2 weeks later and you want to nominate him for some award? Meanwhile his entire organization allowed for the events that were “an attack on democracy”. Capitol police have used him as a symbol to skirt criticism and it worked, they got more money and have avoided any culpability for their role in what happened. Buying into that hero worship is being a useful idiot for the police state apparatus, and provides cover for past and future abuses the Capitol police are responsible for. Pay attention to what happens the next Native American groups try to occupy the Capitol building protesting pipelines or demanding Land Back. It won’t be pretty

Liberals always say “we’re on the same side” before stabbing anyone to the left of them in the back. Yes and that’s exactly how copaganda works. The guy was repping fascist symbols 2 weeks later and you want to nominate him for some award? Meanwhile his entire organization allowed for the events that were “an attack on democracy”. Capitol police have used him as a symbol to skirt criticism and it worked, they got more money and have avoided any culpability for their role in what happened. Buying into that hero worship is being a useful idiot for the police state apparatus, and provides cover for past and future abuses the Capitol police are responsible for. Pay attention to what happens the next Native American groups try to occupy the Capitol building protesting pipelines or demanding Land Back. It won’t be pretty
I'm not a liberal, I'm a black person in a system created to destroy me.

And you're talking about Congress like they got tricked and didn't see exactly what you saw. We all know this, we know how police work, origins as slave patrols etc. Everyone saw the hypocrisy, that's just America, that's a feature. Again, you're preaching to the choir. No one is talking about law makers or worshipping anyone here.

This thread seems like it was supposed to be just a fun counter to Musk. Some folks don't want to talk about the ever present systems that rule their lives all the time 🤷🏽‍♀️

I'm not a liberal, I'm a black person in a system created to destroy me.

And you're talking about Congress like they got tricked and didn't see exactly what you saw. We all know this, we know how police work, origins as slave patrols etc. Everyone saw the hypocrisy, that's just America, that's a feature. Again, you're preaching to the choir. No one is talking about law makers or worshipping anyone here.

This thread seems like it was supposed to be just a fun counter to Musk. Some folks don't want to talk about the ever present systems that rule their lives all the time 🤷🏽‍♀️
Right, so you understand what it’s like and also understand why hero worship over cops is dangerous and should be pushed back against. The only reason we are having this discussion is someone tried to do exactly that, and people responded unfavorably to it. Trying to nominate a cop who is part of a project to rehabilitate the image of police in the US is not “just a fun counter to Musk”. If you don’t want to talk about it then don’t, that’s fair. Clearly other people do that’s why they responded to it.

For some reason i read the thread title as "Elon Musk is a prick" and said "Yup"

Person of the year should be everyday workers that had to deal with paycuts, shitty health benefits, hours lost and asshole customers all year during an extended pandemic

These two:
ugur-sahin-und-seine-frau.jpg

Back
Top Bottom