• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Thursday is MAR10 Day 2022 What do you think we'll see?

What do you think we'll see?

• Just some sales

Votes: 54 50.0%
  • Trailer for the Mario Movie

Votes: 45 41.7%
  • Limited return of Super Mario Bros. 35

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Surprise Direct

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Galaxy 2 Shadowdrop

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NSO Update with Golf, Wrecking Crew '94, and GB games

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Other (Specify in thread)

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shoptroll

Yoshi
Pronouns
he/him
Hey it's the week of 3/10 which means it's once again time for Nintendo's "fetch" (and totally not a copy of Star War's May 4th) holiday: MAR10 Day.

This year is particularly interesting since we're finally getting a reboot of the Mario Cinematic Universe (RIP Bob Hoskins you were always the best Mario) and Nintendo is absolutely firing on all cylinders this year with their software lineup. So it kinda feels like anything could happen this year (and probably nothing will).

But this is the Internet and we love to speculate, so what say you? Personally I'm guessing we'll get the Mario Movie trailer aside from the annual sales. Just seems like the perfect timing for it.

It feels too soon for the Mario Movie right now... Also feels like they'd wanna push that back if it was scheduled for Mar10 due to the war.

I'm guessing we just get sales, boring as that may be.

It feels too soon for the Mario Movie right now... Also feels like they'd wanna push that back if it was scheduled for Mar10 due to the war.

Mario movie is later this year, not too soon for a short teaser or image

Actually. It feels pretty late for any info to a major film coming this holiday. I’m a bit shocked there still hasn’t been a trailer or at least an official screenshot to the Mario film.

Movies usually have pretty short marketing cycles. I don't expect a full trailer till like early summer

My expectations from Nintendo are pretty small. The sales we already know about. Maybe a Mario movie teaser. That's about it.

I do expect a massive influx of Mario related fan art, though, which will make me really happy.

Mario movie is later this year, not too soon for a short teaser or image

Actually. It feels pretty late for any info to a major film coming this holiday. I’m a bit shocked there still hasn’t been a trailer or at least an official screenshot to the Mario film.
A lot of movie marketing cycles have gotten shorter lately. And even if they were planning to reveal it now I think they'd rather not reveal much of anything during the Russia/Ukraine war, at least this close to the start of it.

I hope that for Mario Day, we see OP rescind his comment about Bob Hoskins being the best live-action Mario so that he can correctly identify Captain Lou Albano as the best live-action Mario.

And, you know, Odyssey 2 announcement or whatever.

Mar10 Mini Direct
  • Mario Golf Super Rush - Season Pass. All courses from Mario Golf Toadstool Tour are remade, plus additional characters are added.
  • Mario Party Superstars - After-Party Pack. 4-6 additional boards, some new playable characters.
  • Reminder for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC; maybe announce some free additional characters like Pauline, Birdo and Diddy.
  • Super Mario Bros. 35 is back! This time the game is expanded to include Lost Levels, SMB3 and SMW modes.
  • Mario Paint and Mario & Wario are coming to SNES NSO! Touch screen support while handheld and USB mouse support while docked included!
  • and the grand finale, a first look at the Super Mario movie.
You’ll just get a celebratory tweet and MAYBE the movie trailer.

Mar10 Mini Direct
  • Mario Golf Super Rush - Season Pass. All courses from Mario Golf Toadstool Tour are remade, plus additional characters are added.
  • Mario Party Superstars - After-Party Pack. 4-6 additional boards, some new playable characters.
  • Reminder for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC; maybe announce some free additional characters like Pauline, Birdo and Diddy.
  • Super Mario Bros. 35 is back! This time the game is expanded to include Lost Levels, SMB3 and SMW modes.
  • Mario Paint and Mario & Wario are coming to SNES NSO! Touch screen support while handheld and USB mouse support while docked included!
Don't get my hopes up like that. :cry:

• Super Mario Bros. 2-2: A new 2D game in the style of Mario USA! Wart and other unexpected enemies, like Pionpi from Super Mario Land, return!
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2: 3D Mario's back and better than ever! Explore a whole new set of unique worlds and control a wide variety of enemies, including Super Mario Land's Pionpi
  • GB NSO is here at last! Launch titles include Mario Land (in which footage of Mario stomping on a Pionpi in Chai Land is shown) and Alleyway. 1 new title per month
  • Mario Kart Tour adds a Chai Land racetrack, and Pionpi as a playable racer
  • Super Mario Land 35 by Arika, featuring all Chai Land levels and Pionpi
  • Yakuman Switch, featuring a Mario mode! Play as iconic characters such as Mario, Luigi, Peach, Kurokyura, Yoshi, and Pionpi
  • New trailer for Mario Strikers: a mysterious masked ref is shown during gameplay. Who could it be? They take off their mask and it's just Pionpi
  • New trailer for the Mario movie featuring Mario in a drinking contest against Pionpi
  • Ends on a slow zoom into art of Pionpi from Mario Land that lasts for 5 minutes

Are there any paparazzi photos floating around of Chris Pratt dressed as Mario on set?

Mar10 Mini Direct
You are an evil evil evil person 😭

• Super Mario Bros. 2-2: A new 2D game in the style of Mario USA! Wart and other unexpected enemies, like Pionpi from Super Mario Land, return!
  • Super Mario Odyssey 2: 3D Mario's back and better than ever! Explore a whole new set of unique worlds and control a wide variety of enemies, including Super Mario Land's Pionpi
  • GB NSO is here at last! Launch titles include Mario Land (in which footage of Mario stomping on a Pionpi in Chai Land is shown) and Alleyway. 1 new title per month
  • Mario Kart Tour adds a Chai Land racetrack, and Pionpi as a playable racer
  • Super Mario Land 35 by Arika, featuring all Chai Land levels and Pionpi
  • Yakuman Switch, featuring a Mario mode! Play as iconic characters such as Mario, Luigi, Peach, Kurokyura, Yoshi, and Pionpi
  • New trailer for Mario Strikers: a mysterious masked ref is shown during gameplay. Who could it be? They take off their mask and it's just Pionpi
  • New trailer for the Mario movie featuring Mario in a drinking contest against Pionpi
  • Ends on a slow zoom into art of Pionpi from Mario Land that lasts for 5 minutes
This could have been a Vivian shitpost, but instead you went obscure with a Mario Land enemy. I appreciate the restraint.

bring back vivian 2k22

I think we’ll see a trailer for the Mario movie in addition to the sales that have already started. At worst we get a picture of what Pratt Mario looks like.

My bold MAR 10 prediction: a new wave of main-line Mario amiibo is revealed.

Admittedly, it was the announcement that (what appears to be) King Boo and King Bob-omb mii costumes are being added to Tour, that made me go, "Huh, does that mean they'll add them to MK8 too? Oh wait you need amiibo for the Mii outfits in that game... heeey, wait a minute!"

But they really never did get around to giving Bowser Jr. an actual Mario line amiibo(or Piranha Plant for that matter) and it is weird that they've held off on doing any Pauline or Toadette amiibo.

And if this is the Mario Movie year, may as well launch a bunch of new Mario collectibles... right?

And look, I'll even sweeten the deal: Pionpi amiibo 👀

Don't expect anything but if we get something it'll be something lame like "new look at this new attraction at the Mario theme park!"
A new attraction for Super Nintendo World would be extremely interesting (if not completely improbable at this time) - that'd be an announcement I'd pay attention to, honestly.

I think we'll see some sort of first look at the Mario movie. Maybe not a full trailer, but a title reveal and some sort of small teaser video.

My bold MAR 10 prediction: a new wave of main-line Mario amiibo is revealed.

Admittedly, it was the announcement that (what appears to be) King Boo and King Bob-omb mii costumes are being added to Tour, that made me go, "Huh, does that mean they'll add them to MK8 too? Oh wait you need amiibo for the Mii outfits in that game... heeey, wait a minute!"

But they really never did get around to giving Bowser Jr. an actual Mario line amiibo(or Piranha Plant for that matter) and it is weird that they've held off on doing any Pauline or Toadette amiibo.

And if this is the Mario Movie year, may as well launch a bunch of new Mario collectibles... right?

And look, I'll even sweeten the deal: Pionpi amiibo 👀

I'd love some more Mario amiibo! I'd definitely pick up a King Boo one, as long as it was the Luigi's Mansion design. King Bob-omb and Pauline would be must buys too.

I could definitely see a "Mario movie" line of amiibo, with designs based on the movie ones. They'd probably do the really popular characters: Mario, Luigi, Foreman Spike, Peach, Pionpi, and Bowser. Would be tempted to pick up a few of those if that happened.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something from the movie. It's about time for movies that are coming out in late 2022 to start their early marketing campaigns.

As per the others, an announcement for the Mario movie is the minimal prediction I can see regarding the day. The movie's due date is creeping in, so it might interest them to show something since the last information on it was almost 6 months ago.

To the point, I am glad that Mario is the name of the main character, because we get a special day named after him, and it is also a time when we can expect to see discounts on his games.

Thank you for reading.

Do you think that Nintendo would announce ahead of time that they are dropping a trailer for the movie to generate hype?

Final prediction:
Update to NSO with Mario Artist for N64, Super Mario RPG for SNES, and Golf for NES.
DLC for Mario Party Superstars

They will announce Super Mario Space Odyssey specifically for me, because I've been a very good boy.

I think we're only going to see more takes about how $40 isn't a big sale for many of these games that have been out for a few years.

Nothing video game related will be tomorrow. We will get the official Lego Peach announcement this time, and maybe an announcement from Universal on either the movie or SNW in Hollywood.

Back
Top Bottom