• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Steam THQ Nordic (one of the last publishers doing worldwide physical PC releases) is downsizing their output, future titles will have limited print runs.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
For EVERY release on PC that includes a physical release as well, THQ Nordic will perform a very limited print run with serially numbered prints of not only its Standard Editions, but also eligible Collector’s Editions.
basically the LRG route, though they'll still be distributed to standard retailers.
LPPR-SE-JaggedAlliance3_Mockup-PEGI-USK.png

as an example, this is how they're intending to distribute the standard edition of Jagged Alliance 3.
Issue of 2.500 units in total, thereof

• 1.500 units of the German Version (Serial# 1 – 1500), and #1 – #20 are available from the THQ Nordic Vienna Store, the rest via the THQ Nordic online store, as well as selected German retail partners
  • 999 units of the International Version (Serial# 1501 – 2499), available via the THQ Nordic online store, as well as selected retail partners
  • #2500 will be delivered to the Embracer Games Archive
other titles still planned for physical release include the Gothic 1 Remake, Alone in the Dark, Trine 5, Tempest Rising, Last Train Home, Wreckreation, Space for Sale, and Outcast II.

it's of course important to consider that these, for the most part. aren't your usual physical version you'd expect on consoles. being merely digital Steam keys stored in a box. but this has been the current status quo of modern retail releases for PC over the past several years. with a good chunk of them also not being released in the US, instead typically appearing in European countries such as Poland.

currently the only publisher left that still does non-limited worldwide physical releases on PC is Bethesda. but it feels like that's going to eventually end at some point, mainly thanks to the Microsoft acquisition.

I didn't know they still did PC physical releases.

On a related note, are we, the Switch owners, gonna get that Jagged Alliance sequel? We had one Jagged Alliance game on DS and played pretty good actually. I hope THQ considers a port.

I didn't know they still did PC physical releases.

On a related note, are we, the Switch owners, gonna get that Jagged Alliance sequel? We had one Jagged Alliance game on DS and played pretty good actually. I hope THQ considers a port.

There are still countries in EU that buy PC physicals and retailers like Saturn there even sell them. I got Monster Hunter World on PC physically from Germany. Even Microsoft did a huge physical for Flight Simulator recently. There were a lot of folks disappointed Diablo IV didn't get a PC physical because major Blizzard games have always gotten one.

00Nrn4r4H6WPPxkXqwrqvPK-1..v1594890903.jpg

the releases just got even MORE limited thanks to manufacturing errors
it was brought to my attention recently that some (possibly all) copies of the Tactical Vienna edition for Jagged Alliance 3 contain a noticeable print error.
s-l1600.jpg

in case you don't see it, look closely at the spanish description. they mistakenly used the one for Spongebob Squarepants: The Cosmic Shake, of all things.
Bob Esponja y Patricio tienen lágrimas de sirena
que conceden deseos…
¿Qué podría salir mal? Pues que el tejido que conforma el
universo se deshiciera tanto que se abrieran portales hacia
Mundos de Deseos, Pero eso no es nada para nuestra
esponja favorita… ¡con el traje cósmico apropiado!
this version is already extremely limited (200 units), so having a few like this will make things even more wild.

it was brought to my attention recently that some (possibly all) copies of the Tactical Vienna edition for Jagged Alliance 3 contain a noticeable print error.
s-l1600.jpg

in case you don't see it, look closely at the spanish description. they mistakenly used the one for Spongebob Squarepants: The Cosmic Shake, of all things.

this version is already extremely limited (200 units), so having a few like this will make things even more wild.
Ok this is really funny and hope someone mod Spongebob in the game later to do justice to the description

Back
Top Bottom