• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club There’s something about planet Mira…

The theory isn't that Xenoblade is somehow "setting up" Xenosaga, but that it will pick up where it left off. One particular scene (which even got reproduced on the spines one of the OST editions) is very clearly meant to mirror a similar one from Xenosaga.

Xenoblade X got a nod in FR, just like all the other Xeno games, but that really shouldn't be made into something that it isn't. We're probably not all that far from the game being more explicitly tied in, but not all of the necessary groundwork has been laid.
I’m aware that people think that, but it makes far less sense than any kind of XCX connection. The fact is Xenosaga, while similar in ways, simply doesn’t line up with Xenoblade lore. The timeline and history of the Zohar/Conduit don’t really match at all aside from both being discovered in Africa during the same time period, and neither does the Dmitri/Dimitri Yuriev stuff. Yes, they are supposed to mirror each other in ways, but they’re clearly not one and the same universe. That’s why I think that, at best, we’re looking at an alternate universe kind of thing when it comes to the Xenosaga stuff, and possibly the XCX stuff too but that could go either way. Hopefully we don’t have to wait too much longer to find out, though, so we can finally put this shit to rest.

I’d absolutely be down for that. A few QoL improvements, put it out early in the next consoles lifespan, boom.
With some visual improvements it would be fire. Just 1080p would be dope, but more would be amazing ! I got into the Xenoblade series with XC2 and played Torna, XCDE + DLC, XC3 and I'm currently playing the DLC. I wish they could release a port on Switch 2.

Last edited:
With some visual improvements it would be fire. Just 1080p would be dope, but more would be amazing ! I got into the Xenoblade series with XC2 and played Torna, XCDE + DLC, XC3 and I'm currentlyplaying the DLC. I wish they could release a port on Switch 2.
they could have done that for Switch. if they're waiting until Drake to remaster the game, they'll be doing a lot more. it's a good chance for them to use it as a test bed for new technology, for example

I’m aware that people think that, but it makes far less sense than any kind of XCX connection. The fact is Xenosaga, while similar in ways, simply doesn’t line up with Xenoblade lore. The timeline and history of the Zohar/Conduit don’t really match at all aside from both being discovered in Africa during the same time period, and neither does the Dmitri/Dimitri Yuriev stuff. Yes, they are supposed to mirror each other in ways, but they’re clearly not one and the same universe. That’s why I think that, at best, we’re looking at an alternate universe kind of thing when it comes to the Xenosaga stuff, and possibly the XCX stuff too but that could go either way. Hopefully we don’t have to wait too much longer to find out, though, so we can finally put this shit to rest.
By fictional retcon standards, needing a fudge factor of time passing at a slower rate in the Xenoblade pocket dimension is quite minor. Yuriev is the main potential problem, but his history is left pretty ambiguous, especially with respect to how long ago it actually happened, plus reincarnation is kind of a reoccurring theme in various Xeno games.

It's really difficult to read that blue dot in the FR ending as being anything other than KOS-MOS, and I don't really see how the Xenoblade X reference could be "read either way". Xenoblade X really has to be a different universe than either Xenoblade or Xenosaga.

Quoted by: Tye
they could have done that for Switch. if they're waiting until Drake to remaster the game, they'll be doing a lot more. it's a good chance for them to use it as a test bed for new technology, for example
I'd love it, but I don't know, maybe they could think that the game is too recent to be remastered and doesn't need it unlike XC which was a Wii game. But maybe it could be a way to train their newcomers artists / developers, etc.

I don't know if they're waiting for Drake so much as Xenoblade 1 just took priority to support Xenoblade 3 in multiple ways. Drake will probably end up being taken into account just due to timing, but I think there's a decent chance Switch 1 would still be the lead platform. Could go either way, though, because perhaps they'd have additional plans for any upgraded assets similar to Xenoblade DE.

I suspect Monolith themselves would want more substantial changes for a X rerelease compared to what they did for DE.

By fictional retcon standards, needing a fudge factor of time passing at a slower rate in the Xenoblade pocket dimension is quite minor. Yuriev is the main potential problem, but his history is left pretty ambiguous, especially with respect to how long ago it actually happened, plus reincarnation is kind of a reoccurring theme in various Xeno games.

It's really difficult to read that blue dot in the FR ending as being anything other than KOS-MOS, and I don't really see how the Xenoblade X reference could be "read either way". Xenoblade X really has to be a different universe than either Xenoblade or Xenosaga.
What are you talking about? There’s the whole conflicting histories (and names) of the Zohar/Conduit that can’t just be hand waved away. In Xenosaga it was Grimoire Verum who lead the experiment with the Zohar that resulted in the large scale matter shift that expanded over Earth, forcing humanity to flee the planet, and then Wilhelm had to step in to contain it from spreading beyond Earth. In Xenoblade, however, it was Klaus who was responsible for the Conduit experiment, and this one was instantaneous in its destruction of Earth (and creation of the world of the Bionis and Mechonis), not slowly making the Earth disappear and giving humanity time to escape as was the case in Xenosaga. Plus I’m pretty sure the Zohar experiment in Xenosaga is supposed to take place fairly later in the timeline than when the Conduit experiment happens in Xenoblade, though I’m not 100% certain about that. Regardless, it’s absolutely clear that these events contradict each other and simply can’t be one and the same. It’s far easier to fit XCX into the existing Xenoblade Earth history—Future Redeemed shows us that Project Exodus was a thing that had already started, after all, with some arks having already been launched and others prepared, including what is presumably the White Whale, and what we, the audience, saw of the Earth being blown up could easily just be Klaus’s experiment happening; it wouldn’t be too much different from the retcons they made in XC2—but, again, that’s not the only option, and I personally lean towards XCX Earth being a universal reset occurring after the universe of Klaus’s Earth, à la Eternal Recurrence, though there are plenty of possibilities. Point is, even if you were to make XCX Earth and Klaus’s Earth be one and the same, it would still require less retcons than making Xenosaga fit. Meanwhile we know for certain that XCX is supposed to connect, so to assume Future Redeemed is somehow setting up for a big Xenosaga connection more so than XCX just doesn’t make much sense at all. That’s not to say that I think the Xenosaga references have no significance, but I don’t believe that it’s hinting at this grand, direct connecting of the two series as many people seem to think. And no, it’s not difficult at all to read FR’s ending as something other than KOS-MOS. They’re not even that similar. If it was more 1:1, then sure, maybe, but it’s quite a bit different and there’s no good reason to assume that that blue dot is supposed to specifically be KOS-MOS rather than something else. Besides, KOS-MOS already has a role in the Xenoblade universe in XC2…

Last edited:
I dust off the Wii U on the odd occasion and dive back in into X - mostly to farm better weapon rolls on my Beam Build Skell (Inferno Skydon). The pair of back-mounted gold SRM-XR562GA R-Cannons are close to being perfect, but the current SSM-XXR150ME M-Missile modules don't output enough damage.

On a semi-related topic to NLA Cranes popping up in Future Redeemed...I was hoping that the re-done Prone character models appearing in Elma's Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC introduction scene would hint about an eventual remaster of X...but here we are more than five years later.

What are you talking about? There’s the whole conflicting histories (and names) of the Zohar/Conduit that can’t just be hand waved away. In Xenosaga it was Grimoire Verum who lead the experiment with the Zohar that resulted in the large scale matter shift that expanded over Earth, forcing humanity to flee the planet, and then Wilhelm had to step in to contain it from spreading beyond Earth. In Xenoblade, however, it was Klaus who was responsible for the Conduit experiment, and this one was instantaneous in its destruction of Earth (and creation of the world of the Bionis and Mechonis), not slowly making the Earth disappear and giving humanity time to escape as was the case in Xenosaga. Plus I’m pretty sure the Zohar experiment in Xenosaga is supposed to take place fairly later in the timeline than when the Conduit experiment happens in Xenoblade, though I’m not 100% certain about that. Regardless, it’s absolutely clear that these events contradict each other and simply can’t be one and the same. It’s far easier to fit XCX into the existing Xenoblade Earth history—Future Redeemed shows us that Project Exodus was a thing that had already started, after all, with some arks having already been launched and others prepared, including what is presumably the White Whale, and what we, the audience, saw of the Earth being blown up could easily just be Klaus’s experiment happening; it wouldn’t be too much different from the retcons they made in XC2—but, again, that’s not the only option, and I personally lean towards XCX Earth being a universal reset occurring after the universe of Klaus’s Earth, à la Eternal Recurrence, though there are plenty of possibilities. Point is, even if you were to make XCX Earth and Klaus’s Earth be one and the same, it would still require less retcons than making Xenosaga fit. Meanwhile we know for certain that XCX is supposed to connect, so to assume Future Redeemed is somehow setting up for a big Xenosaga connection more so than XCX just doesn’t make much sense at all. That’s not to say that I think the Xenosaga references have no significance, but I don’t believe that it’s hinting at this grand, direct connecting of the two series as many people seem to think. And no, it’s not difficult at all to read FR’s ending as something other than KOS-MOS. They’re not even that similar. If it was more 1:1, then sure, maybe, but it’s quite a bit different and there’s no good reason to assume that that blue dot is supposed to specifically be KOS-MOS rather than something else. Besides, KOS-MOS already has a role in the Xenoblade universe in XC2…
We know Xenoblade X is connected, but not how. There's no reason to think the connection directly flows from the most recent game. Right now it looks most likely that we get there by way of incorporating the planned ending arc of Xenosaga, since the initial conditions of Xenoblade X's universe seems like a plausible solution to the problem that Xenosaga Episode 3 set up, as well as the blue dot drifting towards the planet scene setting up an obvious potential direct connection to episode 3.

With respect to the Conduit/Zohar details, they're not actually terribly incompatible. Xenosaga provides a lot of context, but not a lot of detail for that part of the object's history. Xenoblade provides a lot of detail about one specific event, but essentially no context. The two accounts almost never directly contradict each other in a way that would cause problems for meshing them together. The differences mostly come down to minutiae that the other version didn't really get into in the first place. We don't know what happened in the lead up to the Experiment, and Xenosaga's account is as good as any. Grimoire Verum was explicitly the chief of a research department, implying the existence of then unnamed subordinates. The biggest leap you'd have to make is assuming the Xenoblade worlds were separate enough that they'd get to keep an instance of the Conduit for a while, which seems pretty reasonable to me, tbh. The name is not a problem, things have multiple names all the time.

Trying to merge the Experiment with Xenoblade X's opening, on the other hand, you run into some big immediate issues like you there's some fighting going on that definitely doesn't seem very alien related. Not to mention they're just going for very different things thematically that don't really cohere with one another. I just don't think that reading makes a lot of sense.

I used to hate the music but I ended up loving it.

. Both "MONOX" and "The key we've lost" inspired me for imagining the opening of the last volume of my first book.
. Both parts of "Black Tar" made me think of a training session / montage for a character of another book I'm working on (first part of Black Tar with a human vs human and the second one with the heroine wearing her exoskeleton against a massive mech).
. "z5m20i12r04a28" (or Mira, for people with a functionning brain -I fucking hate this naming thing the composer do-) often makes me think how the world of another book I have in project.

The game just needs a few hundred thousands QoL features for a remaster.

EDIT :
I deleted the rest of my post because I probably already talked about it quite a lot, I'm sorry.

Last edited:
I own the original Wii U Game but it's such a pain to play in the Gamepad, it kills the beauty of the world for me. Also, I like to play exploration games (and lately any rpg or adventure game) in portable so playing it on TV is a no for me for such a massive game. I hope they port it to switch, because the things I have been reading seem super interesting.

Couldn't get into many of the systems (I think it is overwhelming at the beginning) and the characters look off. Tried it three times and I only got a third way into it, max.

The world is very beautiful, yes. but too crowded with big creatures. A problem that every Xenoblade has, imo - I would appreciate more "empty" areas, but I guess this aggro drawing from nearby enemies is part of the appeal for some.

It's one of the best open world games I've ever played and partially defined my sophomore year of college lol.

Also, I learned in it that Tatsu isn't food. Tatsu is Tatsu.

That needle dropping at 1:32 on this track is Phil Collins' In The Air Tonight tier
The drop here is good, but the drop in Codename Z is absolutely the hypest moment in the whole soundtrack. The track starts big already, which usually means when the drop arrives it doesn't hit as hard, but no: the drop in CZ comes swinging like an absolute sledgehammer and just pounds and pounds and pounds

The track is so good that it somehow manages to use the same trash snare sound that Lars Ulrich used on St Anger, and make it sound huge.

X has by far the just underrated soundtrack of the series, and possibly any JRPG. Outside of the meme NLA songs and Stuck On A Whoooole Different Planet, there's so much scope and grandeur to the ost.

We know Xenoblade X is connected, but not how. There's no reason to think the connection directly flows from the most recent game. Right now it looks most likely that we get there by way of incorporating the planned ending arc of Xenosaga, since the initial conditions of Xenoblade X's universe seems like a plausible solution to the problem that Xenosaga Episode 3 set up, as well as the blue dot drifting towards the planet scene setting up an obvious potential direct connection to episode 3.

With respect to the Conduit/Zohar details, they're not actually terribly incompatible. Xenosaga provides a lot of context, but not a lot of detail for that part of the object's history. Xenoblade provides a lot of detail about one specific event, but essentially no context. The two accounts almost never directly contradict each other in a way that would cause problems for meshing them together. The differences mostly come down to minutiae that the other version didn't really get into in the first place. We don't know what happened in the lead up to the Experiment, and Xenosaga's account is as good as any. Grimoire Verum was explicitly the chief of a research department, implying the existence of then unnamed subordinates. The biggest leap you'd have to make is assuming the Xenoblade worlds were separate enough that they'd get to keep an instance of the Conduit for a while, which seems pretty reasonable to me, tbh. The name is not a problem, things have multiple names all the time.

Trying to merge the Experiment with Xenoblade X's opening, on the other hand, you run into some big immediate issues like you there's some fighting going on that definitely doesn't seem very alien related. Not to mention they're just going for very different things thematically that don't really cohere with one another. I just don't think that reading makes a lot of sense.
Yeah, I just don’t agree at all, sorry. The way the experiments play out are entirely different, even ignoring the people involved. And, again, KOS-MOS already has a role in Xenoblade.

As for incorporating the experiment into XCX’s intro, like I said, it wouldn’t be much different than XC2 providing new context and changing some details from the first XC. It just wasn’t relevant at all in XCX, because the alien war eclipsed everything else. It would make sense that Klaus’s experiment wouldn’t really be known to anyone else, and the war with the Saviorite Rebels could be happening at the same time. Of course, as mentioned, I still prefer a different theory for XCX’s connection myself, but I stand by the belief that that would make far more sense than trying to incorporate Xenosaga (the entire story, not just certain elements from it) within the same universe.

Back
Top Bottom