• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club There’s something about planet Mira…

Momo

Octorok
What’s up with this planet? When will it ever stop excelling? Do we need a bigger gun? We need answers. What say you, Famiboards?

13088.gif

xx11_by_onilink888-d85edx5.gif

primordia-skell.gif

xenoblade-xenoblade-x.gif

tumblr_nn701z1hNb1qjkgtso1_400.gif

I'm going to hijack this thread to vaguely reminisce about my recent playthrough of XCX

It's great. Second best Xenoblade at least, and this GIF collection honestly just makes me want to go back and play it some more. Mira is just such a fun world to explore

A staggering, groundbreaking and absolutely sublime achievement in open world design.

When will #portthedamnthing trend?

X and a X2 are a must have on the next platform, need more Sawano music injected into my veins.

This game would look incredible on Switch 2. With some QOL improvements and maybe an added epilogue or final section to it, it'd be a fantastic remaster.

Of course I would totally just take a sequel, too.

I can't believe XCX is eight years old. Easily my favourite Wii U game and it's galling that there hasn't been a Switch port.
I feel like if any Wii U game has a decent enough excuse, it's this one. With two all-new major entries, a remaster, and three new mini adventures, Xenoblade is one series well saturated on Switch by the numbered titles. It'll be back some day.

It's a jumbled mess of a product, without much cohesion holding any of the story together and it's an utter disaster when it comes to what it tried to do with the multiplayer which clearly wasn't always meant to be there.
But damn it if the would building, map design, side missions, character interactions, combat, skells and everything else isn't a damn master piece that excelled in everything that it did and ironically outclassed nearly all other open world games on other systems by devs having years and years of experience at that point.

And fuck Tatsu...

I can't believe XCX is eight years old. Easily my favourite Wii U game and it's galling that there hasn't been a Switch port.
It’s because Monolith Soft was busy getting the Xenoblade Chronicles series on Switch. XCX had to wait. 1,2 and 3 are out of the way. I expect XCX on Switch 2.

The first time I walked into Noctilum and explored the majority of it in one sitting is one of my favorite gaming memories. There really is something magical about Mira.

We’ll get the answers in time. There will be more Xenoblade Chronicles X in the future; I’m very confident in that. It’s really the most logical place to go after XC3, after all. I suspect everyone who’s expecting to see a “XC4” will be surprised with what comes next.

Also, friendly reminder that Tetsuya Takahashi himself confirmed that all Xenoblade games are connected, including XCX, for anyone who still thinks XCX is just some sort of non-canon spin-off that’s entirely disconnected from the other games.

With Monolith’s next game probably being a couple years out, the next open world Zelda being three+ years out, and the scale and beauty of Mira, XCX Definitive would be an amazing hardware showcase as a Switch 2 launch title

I bought this game and the guide at launch, and I let it sit in my backlog. Then Switch came out, and I moved on to a new platform where I built up a new backlog and never looked back.

Since then, I played and beat all three Xenoblade games for the first time on Switch. Now I'm waiting for this game to return in some way. Those GIFs always sell me on it. I don't know if I'll even enjoy the gameplay loop, but the world just looks incredible. A remaster of some kind seems to me like a good project to release between two original, bigger projects on the next platform.

Last edited:
It’s the world and the music mixed. The game is so atmospheric. They really nailed that alien feeling to a t. I love the atmosphere more than any other Xenoblade game.

I'm not sure why people would think otherwise. X means 10 after all!
Does it mean 10…or, in this case, does it mean 4? Really, I think there’s a good chance X marks the start of a second arc for the series, effectively being XC4 story-wise, with a XCX2 being the equivalent of XC5—and maybe even XCX3/XC6 after that?

After all, Takahashi already planned a grand-scale overarching story spanning a vast distance of time and space told through six episodes not once, but twice before with both Xenogears and Xenosaga, so it would be no shock if he was doing the same again with Xenoblade. 10 episodes feels a bit too far out to plan in advance, at least when the medium is video games and the tenth episode is the second to release right after the first, but I can absolutely see the fourth episode releasing second, and then going back to two and three, and then jumping forward to five and six after that.

The world looked really cool. I wish Monolith Soft gets better at not overstuffing their games with systems and sterile UI though. Mining, probes, the weird multiplayer, flashy button prompts and too many items that are just random names without icons. It's very busy, takes me out of the experience.

Haven't played Xenoblade 3 but feels like they're starting to streamline things a bit. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I've literally had dreams in Mira before.

I love the concept of XB1's titans, XB3's landscapes are gorgeous, but Mira is something else.

idk, i found it pretty whatever for an open world. for the time its great though, it does really compare to whats out now but back then there was truly nothing like it.
I feel it blows most open worlds out of the water actually with only BOTW/TOTK in it's league

idk, i found it pretty whatever for an open world. for the time its great though, it does really compare to whats out now but back then there was truly nothing like it.
I'm curious which ones since then you think better it?

Below is a possible hint hidden in Future Redeemed that a Xenoblade X remaster is on the way.

So, we may be getting answers soon....

(spoilers for Future Redeemed and Xenoblade 2)

ooooooooh shit

then why is there a megaman 10 and X huh HUH?????
don't say it choco don't say it choco don't say it choco

Below is a possible hint hidden in Future Redeemed that a Xenoblade X remaster is on the way.

So, we may be getting answers soon....

(spoilers for Future Redeemed and Xenoblade 2)

probably is just asset reuse. touching up old assets to better fit newer styles

Xenoblade X is still the best Xenoblade. @ me if you want, you're still wrong

I really wanted to like this game. I got the special edition on release. I have started it three times.

Maybe a 4th will do...

Even though I only beat it for the first time last year I still keep the Wii U hooked up just in case I wanted to figure out that last Mia sidequest. Game is incredible and my 2nd favorite Xenoblade behind 3.

I think that as an open world for exploration, finding cool stuff, fighting a ton of cool enemies, and all that it's incredible. It's let down by not really having compelling characters or a plot that further amplifies the reasons to explore (as well as some pacing issues with getting the flying skells, etc.). But as a pure open world? It's pretty great. I can only imagine what they'd be able to do if they blended X's world style with better characters and a better overall plot in a sequel.

Does it mean 10…or, in this case, does it mean 4? Really, I think there’s a good chance X marks the start of a second arc for the series, effectively being XC4 story-wise, with a XCX2 being the equivalent of XC5—and maybe even XCX3/XC6 after that?

After all, Takahashi already planned a grand-scale overarching story spanning a vast distance of time and space told through six episodes not once, but twice before with both Xenogears and Xenosaga, so it would be no shock if he was doing the same again with Xenoblade. 10 episodes feels a bit too far out to plan in advance, at least when the medium is video games and the tenth episode is the second to release right after the first, but I can absolutely see the fourth episode releasing second, and then going back to two and three, and then jumping forward to five and six after that.
The Xenoblade 3 + FR ending definitely isn't directly setting up X. If X is linearly after the current Xenoblade games, which seems reasonably likely, though there's a few other ways it could go, there's at least one game missing between explaining how the people of Bionis/Mechonis/Alrest eventually became the Samaarians of Xenoblade X.

Quoted by: Tye
Just popping in to say that Sawano is overrated and if we get an X2 I hope he doesn't come back.

The Xenoblade 3 + FR ending definitely isn't directly setting up X. If X is linearly after the current Xenoblade games, which seems reasonably likely, though there's a few other ways it could go, there's at least one game missing between explaining how the people of Bionis/Mechonis/Alrest eventually became the Samaarians of Xenoblade X.
Hard to say what it is or isn’t doing when we don’t know the exact nature by which XCX is supposed to be connected. It’s definitely not setting up for Xenosaga, either—that’s far more certain than for XCX—yet they made sure to get permission to include clear references to it regardless. Something interesting is going on, and it may not be what most would expect, but I absolutely believe the nods to XCX in FR have a purpose. I personally suspect Eternal Recurrence is at play here along with the origin of the Samaarians, as you mentioned, but I think it’s impossible to piece together much in the way of actual answers yet. Takahashi will surprise us, I’m sure, much like he surprised us with XC2.

Hard to say what it is or isn’t doing when we don’t know the exact nature by which XCX is supposed to be connected. It’s definitely not setting up for Xenosaga, either—that’s far more certain than for XCX—yet they made sure to get permission to include clear references to it regardless. Something interesting is going on, and it may not be what most would expect, but I absolutely believe the nods to XCX in FR have a purpose. I personally suspect Eternal Recurrence is at play here along with the origin of the Samaarians, as you mentioned, but I think it’s impossible to piece together much in the way of actual answers yet. Takahashi will surprise us, I’m sure, much like he surprised us with XC2.
The theory isn't that Xenoblade is somehow "setting up" Xenosaga, but that it will pick up where it left off. One particular scene (which even got reproduced on the spines one of the OST editions) is very clearly meant to mirror a similar one from Xenosaga.

Xenoblade X got a nod in FR, just like all the other Xeno games, but that really shouldn't be made into something that it isn't. We're probably not all that far from the game being more explicitly tied in, but not all of the necessary groundwork has been laid.

Quoted by: Tye
Wasn’t overly keen on the characters or the hub city, but Mira itself is my favourite depiction of an alien world in an rpg. I love the way the flora and fauna look, I just stopped to investigate and admire everything. Which is probably why I never finished it

Wasn’t overly keen on the characters or the hub city, but Mira itself is my favourite depiction of an alien world in an rpg. I love the way the flora and fauna look, I just stopped to investigate and admire everything. Which is probably why I never finished it
Characters I can get (I'm a fan of a couple but by and large they're nothing exceptional) but man I'm a huge fan of New LA (besides the music)

The way the city and its inhabitants evolve as you complete sidequests is just really compelling. Honestly if it weren't for the lack of a way to track gathering materials for quests I'd say X easily has the best sidequests in a Xenoblade game

Back
Top Bottom