• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Sales Data The Witcher 3 has crossed 50m copies sold

Imitatio

Founder

FxTi5-vXsAMrAyN

It's sold incredibly well the last few years. Amazing legs even.
I've bought this game 3 times in hopes of it sticking with me but it doesnt for whatever reason :<

Wonder how much the Switch version contributed.

We know that Witcher 3 on Switch had sold 1.4M units at the end of 2020.
So it's probably well over 2M at this point if it continued to sell well, I believe it was around 10% of the yearly Witcher 3 sales both in 2019 and in 2020.

That is a LOT more than I would have thought, damn. Excellent game, though, and very deserving. The entire Bloody Baron plotline in the first 1/3 of the game is one of the best questlines I've even played in a game.

Not good enough to earn a nomination here in the best rpgs list though :D

Everyone was writing such detailed lists. I have a tablet with no keyboard. Didn't feel like writing one. :p
I honestly didn’t even think of it, not because it isn’t deserving but because it doesn’t really register as a Switch game to me. I mean, I know it’s ON Switch so of course it qualifies but I was steering toward games that are either Switch exclusive or have a lot of Switch bonuses like DQ11 or something. That and Switch just has too many great RPGs :p

Everyone was writing such detailed lists. I have a tablet with no keyboard. Didn't feel like writing one. :p
Oh, interesting. Would you mind posting a link? I missed it and can't seem to find the thread via the search. ;-(

Easily one of the best RPGs of last gen - and perhaps THE standout RPG of the modern era.

To go from what W/W2 were to what W3 delivered has got to be one of the biggest jumps any franchise has ever seen - not that those games were bad, but the scale of W3 is incredible, as is the baseline quality of nearly everything.

Playing W3, you'd think the devs had been making open world games for decades.

I love Fami - it's a cool place with even cooler people - but I think it's home to a very specific audience, which is why it doesn't surprise me that it missed out. That's not to say there aren't other quality RPGs, but W3 is right there alongside the best.

One day I'll replay it... again.

This game redefined the term sidequest for me. They are absolutely incredible here.
Yeah, that's probably the most stand-out aspect about the game for me, too. I've never liked it as much as many others did, mostly due to how unsatisfied I ended up with its movement feel and combat system (as well as long the ass loading on PS4 back then), but the quests were some of the best I've ever enjoyed playing and have become the benchmark for me since.

I contributed to this. Fucking triple-dipped.

Gog.com version, Switch version and PS4 version.

God, i hope they re-enable cross save on the Switch version soon, i miss playing it on the hybrid.

That's surprising, I wouldn't have expected this would be that successful. I suppose the fact that it's regularly under $5 helps a lot?

Yeah, that's probably the most stand-out aspect about the game for me, too. I've never liked it as much as many others did, mostly due to how unsatisfied I ended up with its movement feel and combat system (as well as long the ass loading on PS4 back then), but the quests were some of the best I've ever enjoyed playing and have become the benchmark for me since.
What's even more amazing about the quests is how they change depending on what else has happened or what Geralt should/shouldn't know. It's absolutely mindblowing all the different scenarios they accounted for or how they went about doing it

Back
Top Bottom