• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News The Sam & Max remaster trilogy comes to a close with a remaster of the final season, "The Devil's Playhouse"

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

to briefly recap, the studio (Skunkape Games) remastered the first season back in December 2020, with Season 2 following in December 2021. this is going to be ending things off sometime this year.
the trailer doesn't mention any platforms, but the previous seasons hit the full platform bracket of Xbox One, PS4, PC, and Switch. so it will likely be the same here.

i believe this is considered to be the best installment out of the three seasons, so you're truly in for something special if this is your first time here.

Now that LucasArts is happy to license their propriety, perhaps the new team could try to remaster the first episode of the canceled Freelance Police?

I'd also love to see Skunkape remastering Tales of Monkey Island, but there are even more parties involved, with the "new Telltale" owning that game.

The foreshadowing from 2021 finally comes to fruition. The long awaited return is nigh.

LimitedRunGamesSamMaxTeaser.jpg

(This image is not referring to April 30th of this year. It's from all the way back in 2021. Now that's quite some time to wait for completion.)

Sam & Max hit the road is one of my childhood-defining games, so I’ve been scared to try out the newer games cause I don’t think they can live up to it.

Should I reconsider?

Sam & Max hit the road is one of my childhood-defining games, so I’ve been scared to try out the newer games cause I don’t think they can live up to it.

Should I reconsider?

They might feel a little different, but I think these games are very good.

Should I reconsider?
the telltale games are very different, and while smaller in scale they hit on a lot of the same character and story beats as hit the road does

they probably won't supplant hit the road but they're very good in their own regard as early episodic games (and they're at least a lot less pixel hunty)

delayed to spring 2024, Switch version has been formally confirmed
Sam-and-Max-The-Devils-Playhouse-Remastered_2023_11-29-23_001.jpg

(press release)
Since 2020, Skunkape Games -- a small indie team made up of some of Telltale's founding members -- has been remastering the episodic Sam & Max trilogy, and the epic conclusion is almost here! Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse will release for PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 in Spring 2024.

Skunkape Games' lovingly remastered version of Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse features updated graphics, lighting, lip-sync, cinematography, and music to bring the game up to modern standards. The addition of point & click mouse controls, user interface refinements, and accessibility settings make the game more comfortable to play.

Nice, glad to see an update for this, even if it is a delay. Loved the remasters of the first two seasons and been waiting for this final one.

I miss the original, grittier look (mainly the layer of film grain) a bit -- it made the season feel distinct from the other two and added to its B-movie atmosphere. But it's a great, great game so I'll be doing another playthrough either way.

Back
Top Bottom