• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News the quadrupedal fighting game "Them's Fightin' Herds" is ending active development, and the planned story mode has been cancelled

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
As we look forward to the release of Nidra and Baihe, let's talk about what comes next.
After the Season 1 Pass is complete, we will be ceasing active development on TFH. We will still be able to release small patches to address game-breaking bugs, but no new content will be produced. Unfortunately, that includes Story Mode.

Story Mode has always been an ambitious feature and one we truly desired to implement. We know how much our fans have been looking forward to Story Mode chapters, and we hope you understand how much we looked forward to working on and releasing them.
oof.

this sadly marks the end of the long and absurdly convoluted development cycle the game went through.
it was originally a free fan-game based off My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, but after a massive amount of interest brought on by the game somehow ending up in a charity poll to decide the final title at EVO 2013. Hasbro filed a C&D.

not wanting the concept of a quadrupedal fighting game to go to waste. the team (with the notable help of FiM's original creator Lauren Faust) transformed the project into an original IP. which eventually released in 2020.

I don’t think I was the target audience for it, but the story mode from what I played wasn’t very interesting even if there was definite effort put into it. I only finished the first part of what was there so I didn’t know it was overall incomplete. Feel bad for people looking forward to it, but I’m glad all the characters are coming out since that’s the biggest thing.

Been following along since the beginning, so this is very disappointing to see. Hope the devs are doing alright.

I never bothered with the lore stuff here, but the gameplay was superb and I enjoyed playing it on all platforms. It is the rare fighter that I can recommend on Switch without caveats as well.

Wow. I didn't even know the game was technically still in development.

This sure brings up a lot of memories from the "Let's just be very into cartoon ponies" era.

Shame, it was fun and pretty unique, with some great art.

I feel like it kinda missed its timing though, since MLP isn't really part of the zeitgeist anymore.

the final 2 dlc characters are live, but at what cost?

as previously noted, most of the dev team is gone. which has lead to some issues in how these characters were rolled out.

namely, both characters have easily exploitable glitches that can either cause an infinite combo or freeze the opponent in place.

Yeah I don’t this has much appeal after the funny wear’s off , so I can’t say I’m surprised at all tbh.

Yeah I don’t this has much appeal after the funny wear’s off , so I can’t say I’m surprised at all tbh.
The game always had a niche audience, but the way the publisher is pretty much killing the game outright (axing the dev team and then sending out the last two characters in a clearly unfinished state) is just asinine.

This isn't winding down development. It's putting a bullet in the game and leaving it to die.

Back
Top Bottom