• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

TV the pitch documents for various Nickelodeon cartoons have been leaked online (reportedly due to a server breach)

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
image.png

it's a very extensive list of projects, going all the way back to 1989. and even includes a few shows that are merely licensed to the channel rather than being fully owned by them (Transformers, Paw Patrol.)
as you'd expect, there's a ton of differences compared to their final counterparts. SpongeBob was originally known as "SpongeBoy" for example, which was changed due to the name being used on a line of pencils. and Barnacle Boy was originally a crusty old sailor known as "Barnacle Bill". (this character would eventually appear in a tie-in comic years later)
image.png

it's worth noting that a pitch document for Spongebob has leaked previously, but it's newer than the two included in this batch.

but yes, as the title notes. word is that these were sourced from Paramount's servers. my understanding is that some of the internal sections on it were accidentally made public for a few hours. and people quickly discovered the treasure trove (there was also reportedly .PSDs of key art from their newer shows included) of historical info lying around.

Gonna be interesting to see if poparena uses any of this information in his Nick Knacks series going forward.

You got links to these? Curious what Transformers stuff is in here (I assume it's Earthspark since it's the only Nicklodeon Transformers show)

Last edited:
Sounds like a treasure trove for any young artists and people who want to work in TV!

What are some other shows of interest that were included here? I thought that while Spongebob is a neat find, I am more interested in the less-popular shows.

Thank you for reading.

Back
Top Bottom