• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News The man suspected of making threats that led to the cancellation of Nintendo public events in Japan has been charged

Tall Valley Nerd

Piranha Plant
Pronouns
he/him

wow this man is unhinged and after the kyoto studio tragedy they were right to cancel the event
but this bring up the question of which game he was talking about

Is this someone who lost at Splatoon a lot and went insane over it?? Either that or a political/controversial game but I can't think of any Nintendo made recently.

Either way this idiot is deluded and I'm glad they have charged him

Some dudes are really weird over Splatoon apparently. Remember, there was that guy that disrupted the investor QNA a while back ranting about how the Splatoon 3 victory emotes were too feminine or something

Some dudes are really weird over Splatoon apparently. Remember, there was that guy that disrupted the investor QNA a while back ranting about how the Splatoon 3 victory emotes were too feminine or something
"Why is this kid-friendly competitive multiplayer game not for me, specifically?!"

funnily enough, that was the least weird thing they did
i advise you not to look into the art they post of splatoon characters on twitter

Is this someone who lost at Splatoon a lot and went insane over it?? Either that or a political/controversial game but I can't think of any Nintendo made recently.

Either way this idiot is deluded and I'm glad they have charged him
Unfortunately, Splatoon can be seen as "political" thanks to its large LGBT+ fanbase. It's dumb. If I have to read the words "As a straight person," one more time I'll go ballistic.

With what happened at Kyoto Animation and Abe in recent years, it made sense for Nintendo to take this guy seriously. People are unhinged and will actually kill people over stuff like this.

Don't discount the idea it could have been Everybody's 1-2 Switch.

IMG-4536.gif

As unfortunate as the situation was, it was best they cancel the event. If this person was serious, they could have created a serious tragedy.

Glad they’ve been caught.

Imagine seeing something political in Splatoon. A game asking you to choose between Baby Chicks, Li'l Bunnies or Bear Cubs.

Back
Top Bottom