• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Retro "The Making of Karateka", a combination documentary/game collection by Digital Eclipse. is launching August 29th on everything except Switch.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

(don't worry, the Switch port is reportedly coming a month later.)

this includes four seperate versions of the game, various builds (including a new remake) of Jordan Mechner's previously unreleased game Deathbounce, and hours of documentary footage (including full developer comementary) alongside a large collection of concept art.

Day 1 on Switch. I’m excited for this. Never played the original game, but the story of its development was always interesting to me. Jordan Mechner was a Yale student that developed this game as a side project while attending school and it turned into a classic. The development documentaries are pretty cool too.

I love these interactive museum like games. To me this is the best kind of preservation. Getting a look at the context when the game released with the og dev.

Do we know if this is getting a physical release? Might be good to buy it on Steam Deck to play/watch on my 1440p monitor and then buy physical on Nintendo Switch if it shows up in Europe easily.

Do we know if this is getting a physical release? Might be good to buy it on Steam Deck to play/watch on my 1440p monitor and then buy physical on Nintendo Switch if it shows up in Europe easily.
Yeah, it was announced at the Limited Run Games showcase last month

Back
Top Bottom