• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release The Last Faith (Soulslike Metroidvania coming this october) | Limited beta on Steam now!

7threst

Hello, lady of the house speaking?
Pronouns
He/him/his
logo_full-8c76f025s3it6.png

Developer: Kumi Souls
Publisher: Playstack
Platforms: PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC
Releasedate: October 2023
Official website: https://www.thelastfaithgame.com (here you can secure a place in the beta too)

Via Gematsu:
Often brutal, but always empowering, The Last Faith thrives on merciless and precise combat, with a huge range of custom executions to perform. Players will unearth a formidable variety of melee weapons, arcane spells, and long-range firearms, allowing them to carve a path in their own style.

This atmospheric new trailer showcases more of The Last Faith‘s painstakingly hand-crafted environments and the horrifying enemies that lead protagonist Eryk will encounter during his journey across the ravaged world of false deities. We also have a first look at the arsenal of unique weapons and abilities Eryk has at his disposal.

In addition, the trailer provides a tease of the lore of The Last Faith‘s world and introduces more menacing and intimidating bosses, along with mysterious characters who will aid Eryk along the way—all against the backdrop of the game’s epic and haunting soundtrack.

With its rock-solid foundation of nonlinear exploration, players will discover a huge range of tools for destruction as they traverse snow-dusted mountains, deep dark forests, crypts, and cities bathed in moonlight—all of which are hand-drawn by outstanding artists who have captured the imagination of thousands of fans already.
Trailer:

Gameplay:

thelastfaithjune2023gztcmi.gif
thelastfaithjune2023gnefp6.gif

thelastfaithjunegamepb4fxk.gif

Didn't see a thread for this game yet so I decided to make one, hope that's ok. This game is really what it looks like, a Souls-inspired Metroidvania. I think it's kinda cool the developer doesn't pretend otherwise. I love these games so I'm very happy this coming to all platforms including Switch. Haven't tried the beta out yet, but probably will (I only found out today there is actually a beta for this game).

"Which popular combat/exploration-based template should we mostly focus our game design process around?"

why-not-both-why-not.gif

(Game looks rad!)

"Which popular combat/exploration-based template should we mostly focus our game design process around?"

why-not-both-why-not.gif

(Game looks rad!)
Haha, this is so true! But I love how the developer isn't exactly beating around the bush. They literally say this on their website:

The Wicked and the blessed will be judged the same​

The Last Faith is a gothic fusion of Metroidvania and Soulslike. It thrives on mercilless and precise combat, with a formidable arsenal of weapons, arcane spells and firearms. Often brutal, always empowering.

I been tracking this game since ...2020? glad that we finally have a release...month. Day 1.

Backed this 3 years ago on Kickstarter. Glad it's coming, I hope it won't disapoint me as much as Ghost Song did because boi what a let down -for me-.
(I don't even remember Ghost Song was supposedly planned as a Souls-like from the get go).

I'll give this a shot since it does look pretty good, I'm always very leery of games that brand themselves as any combo of Metroidvania, Soulslike, or Roguelike. One is enough, two or more? Usually a pass from me

This looks great, it’s very reminiscent of Blasphemous in the pixel art but more gothic/Bloodborne in style and tone. And I’m always down for a good Soulslike metroidvania, they work so well together - probably because in so many ways Dark Souls basically is a metroidvania. Just add a few movement ability unlocks and you’re there.

I'll give this a shot since it does look pretty good, I'm always very leery of games that brand themselves as any combo of Metroidvania, Soulslike, or Roguelike. One is enough, two or more? Usually a pass from me
After finishing the beta... My initial leeriness was correct. I did not like it much at all, besides the spritework.

Back
Top Bottom