• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic The Kit & Krysta Podcast |ST|

I really enjoy their Discord because I can actually keep track of the conversation. It's active but not chaotic like so many fast-moving Discords that are impossible to follow. Maybe I'm just old school but I generally struggle with Discord and prefer forums.
Yeah, I get you! I am definitely a discord guy now, but I just spend time on a couple smaller ones for the reasons you mentioned (also, it's just easier to get to know people and have conversations and whatnot). Hope to add K&K's to the list!

Yeah, I get you! I am definitely a discord guy now, but I just spend time on a couple smaller ones for the reasons you mentioned (also, it's just easier to get to know people and have conversations and whatnot). Hope to add K&K's to the list!

The Discord is especially amazing. Tons of great people, super chill, no beef (And i mean it when i say it). It's amazing.

Nintendo being "whatever" on accessibility is such a big disappointment. I know they're a corporation and ruled by profit and capitalism, but Microsoft and Sony are doing so much better, there's really no excuse.

Man are those silly looking faces in video thumbnails actually appealing to people? It's such a turn off for me. Not just them - anyone really.

Man are those silly looking faces in video thumbnails actually appealing to people? It's such a turn off for me. Not just them - anyone really.
unfortunately it's youtube meta. youtube recommends videos where the thumbnails are faces with extreme emotion (laughing, angry, shocked, etc) more.

I'm actually very interested in the "Why you don't see or hear from many Nintendo devs and executives these days" part but I'm not in a position to listen to a podcast right now... Does anyone have a cliff notes version of that subject?

I'm actually very interested in the "Why you don't see or hear from many Nintendo devs and executives these days" part but I'm not in a position to listen to a podcast right now... Does anyone have a cliff notes version of that subject?
I'm going in to take a look, but I bet it's more clickbait

On the topic of clickbait, I was also initially mega put off by the "YouTube thumbnail meta".

I consume a lot of YouTube, by far more than any other video content platform.

I came to understand that creators feel compelled to dress their content in that way in order to attract views.

For many of these creators, this is livelihood, and I find the majority of creators do at least sometimes engage w the tactic. E.g. Linus friggin Tech Tips still do this! The counterpoint is that there are def a good number of successful channels that do not. An example here would be James Hoffman's coffee channel.

So while I think its a crutch and not needed, I can't be sure as I am not a creator who sees the engagement numbers.

Thus ultimately, while on the one hand I find it mildly annoying, I recognize in the creator's perspective, it is livelihood on the line. Meanwhile it doesn't actually hurt anyone so I can mostly gloss over it.

The content better deliver tho!

===

On the content note, I only dipped into the beginning of the episode but it's one of the times I am struck by the excellent chemistry of the hosts. Them snickering over office pranks past was pretty funny because you can see they are reliving it in the moment.

An interesting aside tho, is how they state Nintendo main HQ is super UN-fun and buttoned down in terms of workplace environs and culture.

That's a kind of disappointing. Can't help but imagine a WillyWonka-like environment but maybe that's just Japan HQ!

@chocolate_supra it was actually pretty interesting, tl;dr would be that it's mostly just a change in policy because they don't want individuals to represent the company or its products
Kit and Krysta: Yeah Nintendo wanted to move away from having individuals represent the company
Me: *associates Nintendo with individuals like Kit and Krysta*

of course kit ellis joins three minutes after I accuse his podcast of clickbait
The fact that he actually Yeah!ed this gives me the impression that he's a Cool Dude™

Hey @kitosan, I have a quick question for you! On the latest episode of the podcast, you mentioned Nintendo Minute accidentally leaking "employee-only Joy-Con." (that's a timestamped link for your convenience!)

Just wondering: were those the dark blue Joy-Con? Do you happen to have a maybe clearer picture of them? I'd love to see what they actually looked like. Thanks in advance! Really enjoying this week's episode.

Nintendo owning mansions in Hawaii is something that literally never wouldve crossed my mind lol

Now I can only be left to wonder what a Nintendo mansion looks like

Now I can only be left to wonder what a Nintendo mansion looks like
1200px-LuigiMansion.png

Hey @kitosan, I have a quick question for you! On the latest episode of the podcast, you mentioned Nintendo Minute accidentally leaking "employee-only Joy-Con." (that's a timestamped link for your convenience!)

Just wondering: were those the dark blue Joy-Con? Do you happen to have a maybe clearer picture of them? I'd love to see what they actually looked like. Thanks in advance! Really enjoying this week's episode.
There definitely a few people on this forum that will at least try to replicate them via shells if they find out what they look like.

EDIT: Nevermind, see below.

Last edited:

Oh yeah, it's hilarious because they don't actually exist. We had to do some color-correction to that video which resulted in the shade of color being a bit different for some of the Joy-Con which were in the background. Employee-only hardware is something Nintendo is very unlikely to do!

Oh yeah, it's hilarious because they don't actually exist. We had to do some color-correction to that video which resulted in the shade of color being a bit different for some of the Joy-Con which were in the background. Employee-only hardware is something Nintendo is very unlikely to do!
Ahh, thanks!

It would be interesting to hear both Kit and Krysta's take on the Booster Course Pass music leak and also hear their predictions for the rest of the pack.

Back
Top Bottom