• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion The ILCA hate - why learning some game development can make our community better

video game journalists, influencers, enthusiast content creators, and leakers: We think ILCA/Arzest/other third party developer is making [Nintendo Game]

gamers: who the FUCK wants that. TRASH game that's a PASS from me

rational, well-adjusted people: whoa slow down the game is not even out yet. And Nintendo still does a lot of oversight, feedback, quality control, etc. Sometimes a game's poor reception is not the studios fault, but a lack of time, resources, poor leadership, etc.

gamers: why won't Nintendo reveal who is developing their games !!

Been replaying Superstar Saga and I’m curious if the difficulty for Brothership will be more in line with that game. I’m reasonably certain SSS is the most difficult Mario RPG.

Been replaying Superstar Saga and I’m curious if the difficulty for Brothership will be more in line with that game. I’m reasonably certain SSS is the most difficult Mario RPG.
Partners in time is the harder mario and luigi game, but I presume they'd be going for a middle ground in terms of difficulty as they'll be wanting to appeal to kids. Probably in line with Dream Team but with less tutorials all the time

Partners in time is the harder mario and luigi game, but I presume they'd be going for a middle ground in terms of difficulty as they'll be wanting to appeal to kids. Probably in line with Dream Team but with less tutorials all the time
I think SSS is overall more difficult because your options are so limited. You only have a couple of bros moves to work with, and (at least in the US version) there are no heart blocks. PIT’s main issue is the bosses are health sponges but on average I think SSS is trickier (I’d still not a particularly hard game).

I haven’t played DT or Paper Jam, but a hard mode would be nice, at least.

Maybe it's because I know those games like I know my own face, but I don't think MLSS is challenging at all. At absolute best it has more room to mess up for a kid since it has more diff stats to invest in so the chances of some kid accidentaly min-maxing something in a way tha leaves Mario and Luigi too fragile is possible. On rematches I'd say I accidentaly die harder in PiT than in MLSS, and I also still wouldn't call PiT difficult.

I think SSS is overall more difficult because your options are so limited. You only have a couple of bros moves to work with, and (at least in the US version) there are no heart blocks. PIT’s main issue is the bosses are health sponges but on average I think SSS is trickier (I’d still not a particularly hard game).

I haven’t played DT or Paper Jam, but a hard mode would be nice, at least.
To be fair I only played the remake and that made the brose moves easier but I did only die a handful of times

Maybe it's because I know those games like I know my own face, but I don't think MLSS is challenging at all. At absolute best it has more room to mess up for a kid since it has more diff stats to invest in so the chances of some kid accidentaly min-maxing something in a way tha leaves Mario and Luigi too fragile is possible. On rematches I'd say I accidentaly die harder in PiT than in MLSS, and I also still wouldn't call PiT difficult.
Well, to put it another way, I’ve played the SMRPG and TTYD remake recently and replayed PM64 on NSO. The only time I got a game over in those games was on the new bosses in SMRPG. SSS I will actually get game overs on occasion. I think in general M&L’s focus on dodging means enemy attacks are more punishing on average, and SSS gives the player less resources than the sequels. Action commands are also more complex in M&L than the other RPGs.

Again, these still aren’t very difficult games, but it’ll be interesting to see if Brothership reduces player friction since this will be a lot of people’s first M&L.

Was it? It had been more than a decade since I played SSS.

Sure, no measure is perfect. But when all their games review very similarly (One Piece Odyssey is also 73), it seems like asking people to not judge based on one game wouldn't make much difference. Whether or not 7/10 is bad, it would be less than every game in every branch of Mario RPG.

Yeah, just like Pokemon mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky is just a very bad game and does not have a very vocal and broad audience that loves the sh*t out of it.
There are just some games that review bad only by being part of a genre or other reasons.

Back
Top Bottom