• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Sales Data The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles sells 1 million units worldwide + Dragon's Dogma and Resident Evil 6 sell 1 million units on Nintendo Switch

After going back to and finishing the AA Trilogy, I just bought and am playing through Great Ace Attorney at the moment, really liking the setting and additions to gameplay so far! Glad to see it selling well. Only minor complaint is that it seems a bit slower paced and more talky than it needs to be sometimes, compared to the trilogy. But only just finished the second case, will definitely get back to it after TTYD. And might pick up the Apollo Justice Trilogy after that too.

Good for Dragon's Dogma! I bounced off of it personally. Would be great for fans to get DD2 on the new hardware (if possible) as well as future RE games. Seems like there's a market for them,

They looked at this and said "nah, let's not bother with DMC4SE port for Switch".
I was so eager to rebuy it, even at the ridiculously inflated prices on Switch. Your loss, Capcom!

As for RE6, is there an explanation for the sales numbers? People going "maybe it wasn't so bad after all" once 7 came around and it changed pretty much everything about the series? Happy to see Dragon's Dogma did well, but I wonder if that's got to do with them selling it for $5 pretty frequently. Wish Shinsekai got similar accolades, I feel it deserves it from the audio alone.

I was so eager to rebuy it, even at the ridiculously inflated prices on Switch. Your loss, Capcom!

As for RE6, is there an explanation for the sales numbers? People going "maybe it wasn't so bad after all" once 7 came around and it changed pretty much everything about the series? Happy to see Dragon's Dogma did well, but I wonder if that's got to do with them selling it for $5 pretty frequently. Wish Shinsekai got similar accolades, I feel it deserves it from the audio alone.
My best guess is that it's the first one that released on Switch.

Mainstream loves big, shiny, pretty and accessible stuff. RE6 is like that. A Resident Evil for the mainstream.
My best guess is that it's the first one that released on Switch.
It's not. Revelations 1-2 were released first, then RE1-0-4 on the same day and in october 2019, around halloween, RE5 and 6.

I don't get why Capcom (and most publishers) are so skeptical about releasing their goddamn stuff day and date on Nintendo platforms. "But, but, GameCube versions...." GameCube was more than two decades ago, today is a complete different age. If they don't get the lession after Switch then it's obvious they're acting in bad faith.

Hell yeeeeeeeah GAA. Those games were exactly what I wanted out of Ace Attorney, it brings me so much joy seeing that they’ve been so successful. Alas, if only Ghost Trick could reach these sales numbers too.

Surely, surely, Ace Attorney 7 must be right around the corner.

Yeah I did get DDDA in the past year or so during one of the many sales the game has. It sold me on DD2.

And I'm not an expert on AA games but I think it's safe to say Capcom is making another game in the series thanks to how well the collections have sold.

RE6 got a premium spot at the E3 2019 Direct with a big live action ad presented by Koizumi himself. That was a weird moment

Do we know how many units Dark Arisen has sold on its own?

The 7.9 million figure for DD as of Sept 2023 was for both SKUs combined, this included the PS3/360 Versions.

Dragon's Dogma's been out on Switch a while, is the 1.1 million units good relative to how it performed on everything else?
Wikipedia said it has sold 7.9 million units as of September last year, which i assume includes most of the 1.1 million Switch sales.

If we're rounding and just assume around 1 million units sold as of September 2023, Switch accounted for 12-13% of its total lifetime sales which isn't bad considering the 7.9 million would have included the original PS3/360 releases plus the re-releases on PS4/XBONE.
Thats easy to check out in Capcom millon seller page:

Dragon’s Dogma (PS3, X360, PC) - 1.30M
Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3, X360, PC - 2013) - 3.90M
Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS4, XOne - 2017) - 2.40M
Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (Switch, 2019) - 1.1M

Total 8.7M (without Switch its 7.6M)

Something interesting: RE6 in PS4/XOne has sold 3 millions, so Switch version most likely has sold the same or a little more than XOne version.

I think this bodes very well and Capcom should support next Nintendo HW with all their game releases, day 1 if they can.

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS4, XOne - 2017) - 2.40M
Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (Switch, 2019) - 1.1M
thank you; ok this is what i wanted to see, so between the PS4/XBONE/Switch, the Switch version performed very well, accounting for about 1/3 of total sales

I agree with you Capcom is done with tests. if the hardware is up to snuff, the games will get ported.

Back
Top Bottom