• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion The Famiboards Fantasy Critic Thread (2023 in threadmarks)

I kinda gave up on all my leagues this year with all the delays lol

next year might be better

I got second place and I’m fine with it. Zelda would take me to the win, but it got delayed. I tried to believe and failed xD

Third place is fine, given Zelda didn't release and my VR game didn't get enough reviews. Picked up a lot of middling games though, maybe next year I'll scope them out better haha.

I’m new here but I love Fantasy Critic so just sharing that I won my league despite picking (and not benefitting from) Silksong for the third year in a row. It’s my first win among this group of friends, so it feels pretty good. I was middle of the pack for the draft, but I made good-ish choices for the most part.

My team ended up being:
God of War Ragnarök
Bayonetta 3
Silksong
Nobody Saves the World
OlliOlli World
—end of draft—
Moss: Book II
Weird West
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
Souldiers
Fire Emblem Engage
SIGNALIS

And I counter-picked Forspoken.

How many people are interested in doing this again for 2023?
i'm up for it. iirc last time we could only pick two games at start and the rest was with bidding? i think there should be more games that are picked at the beginning. if it's 10 total 5 should be picked initially and the rest with bidding throughout the year.

i'm up for it. iirc last time we could only pick two games at start and the rest was with bidding? i think there should be more games that are picked at the beginning. if it's 10 total 5 should be picked initially and the rest with bidding throughout the year.
Agreed

definitely since there are way more games going into this year at least (we'll see how many get delayed)

uh, yeah this post if you are going to participate for 2023 and then I'll set up bidding to begin on Friday

ideally I'll try to make two groups of 6-8 with 10 games per and 2 counterpicks as usual

I like public bidding so theoretically we're all on the same page in terms of information. Nobody knows about a secret indie or something that will get 85+, we all know what the others are looking at

Last edited:
I wasn't in this last year, but I'd be interested in participating this year if there's room. Currently have a league with close friends, but they aren't super involved so I'd be down to have a second league.

Famiboards 2023 Fantasy Critic
The 2023 league has begun! Some interesting counterpicks near the top of the lineup due to the lower amount of games in the initial draft, but you can make it up by choosing wisely with the other counterpick that can be done anytime before the end of the year.

Web-capture-21-1-2023-19919-www-fantasycritic-games.jpg

Last edited:
Some hot bidding action this week. @DecoReturns wins a small brawl over Wo Long and a huge brawl over Sea of Stars. @Thunder84 sweeps up Ryza 3, some allegedly old school AssCreed goodness, Like a Dragon Gaiden and Blanc. @Heruderu takes The Plucky Squire, Football Manager 2024 and Homeworld 3 uncontested.

Web-capture-7-1-2023-182438-www-fantasycritic-games.jpg

How I outbid with the same amount of money placed?

Also I bid for Wo Long. But I thought it was a different game lol. I got it confused with that EA game

How I outbid with the same amount of money placed?

Also I bid for Wo Long. But I thought it was a different game lol. I got it confused with that EA game
Projected points. Same reason why I lost out on Wo Long to you.

Hopefully Gaiden cancels out Ishin for me. Assassin’s Creed and Atelier Ryza should both be a safe 10-15 points each, so I’m gonna need Blanc to do some heavy lifting for me as a sleeper.

Projected points. Same reason why I lost out on Wo Long to you.

Hopefully Gaiden cancels out Ishin for me. Assassin’s Creed and Atelier Ryza should both be a safe 10-15 points each, so I’m gonna need Blanc to do some heavy lifting for me as a sleeper.
interesting, I assumed it was a coin flip, your explanation is correct though
Web-capture-7-1-2023-192422-www-fantasycritic-games.jpg

I see a lot of other people were hoping for Sea of Stars. I thought it'd be more of a sleeper pick, should've dropped more money on it haha.

Back
Top Bottom