• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News the destruction-focused heist simulator "Teardown" is coming to PS5 and Xbox Series November 15th

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

this unironically looks to be a great showcase of the CPU power embedded in both systems, considering the core gameplay concept is that literally everything is destructable.
really feels like something that wouldn't be possible on PS4/Xbox One.

it's been a PC exclusive (though most of that time was spent in early access) since 2020, very shortly before the release of both systems. so they were probably waiting for the ideal time to bring it over.

Last edited:
Wait that's a heist game ? I only know about this game from TikTok of user made map, in which you need to destroy Godzilla or stuff like that. I thought that was just some Gmode type of game focused on destruction.
That seems cool.
Anyway, yeah a console port is not something I expected, hella impressive !!

release date, game will be on PS+ Extra day one

it's also getting a bunch of DLC, 4 packs worth. buying the most expensive "Ultimate Edition" ($49.99) gives you all of them as they're released.
currently there's details for two of the packs.
  • Time Campers (available at launch) – A campaign expansion set in the wild west. The new expansion adds to the experience in many different ways, introducing a new storyline that takes you back in time, equips you with old-fashioned weapons and tools, and sets your destructive sights upon a dusty mining town. It’s a departure from the contemporary setting of Teardown‘s main campaign, but the heist concept feels right at home in the era of elaborate bank robberies. We had a lot of fun creating new maps and tools out of period-appropriate materials, exploring new types of architecture, and introducing new interactive elements, like the horse and wagon.
  • Folkrace (spring 2024) – The Teardown experience goes well beyond handheld tools, as you often need the help of vehicles and construction equipment to complete your missions. To make this a rewarding part of the game, we’ve invested a lot of time into the driving experience. The downloadable content “Folkrace” will take it a step further, putting you behind the wheel of a fleet of unique vehicles to take on new racing modes and destructive challenges.

I have this on Steam, and while the way everything is destructible is amazing, and the creative tools are impressive, story mode gives me some complex feelings.

The idea is to set up the entire map in a way where you can run and grab all items you need in the one minute countdown when you trigger the first alarm. In practice this seems to be some levels being a literal straight line to grab everything, or a very frustrating two hour long hauling of entire buildings around to have everything in that line. It's fun when you get into the mindset, but can get weirdly frustrating sometimes.

Creative mode and everything sandbox, with the way the game works, though? Amazing.

Back
Top Bottom