• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News the classic (web)comic “Girl Genius” is receiving a Switch game on April 3rd

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

(The date is mentioned in a press release)

this was originally released on PC last year, but it was a crowdfunded game with one of the stretch goals being that it would get ported to Switch later on. the developer is notable for creating the fairly excellent “Teslagrad” series.

as for the comic itself, it was originally created in 2000-2001 by the husband and wife duo of Phil and Kaja Foglio. the early years were solely printed as physical books, but they eventually turned it into a webcomic in 2005, where it has continued to get new updates for over 19 years.

as for the comic itself, it was originally created in 2000-2001 by the husband and wife duo of Phil and Kaja Foglio. the early years were solely printed as physical books, but they eventually turned it into a webcomic in 2005, where it has continued to get new updates for over 19 years.
It's still going?! I used to really like it (have signed copies of the first 6 or 7 books) but I fell off when it felt like it was spinning its wheels, and that was over a decade ago.

I remember Phil Foglio's work from the early Dragon magazine comic, What's New With Phil and Trixie. They had a good sense of humor, and I like his art style. And this trailer looks pretty polished, so I think I feel excited for it.

Last edited:
The game has been out since September and only has 26 reviews on Steam...

I've had my eye on this for a while

Dang, talk about random. Haven't read the webcomic in over a decade, it's extremely cool that it's getting a game though.

Back
Top Bottom