• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion The Backrooms -- Found footage YouTube horror series by Kane Pixels

Aurc

Trust The Process
Administrator
Pronouns
He/Him
Any fans of this series (or the concept of The Backrooms in general) on Fami? If you know absolutely nothing, and just wanna jump right in, here's the first video:

And for those who'd prefer to have the proper context:
The Backrooms is an urban legend and creepypasta describing an endless maze of randomly generated office rooms and other environments. It is characterized by the smell of moist carpet, walls with a monochromatic tone of yellow, and buzzing fluorescent lights. Internet users have expanded upon this concept by creating different "levels" of the Backrooms and "entities" which inhabit them.
The whole notion of The Backrooms is a few years old, at this point, with Kane Pixels providing his own take on it. The series has proved fairly popular, being lauded for its relatively realistic feel, and intriguing, nonlinear lore.

The videos are generally short, so it'd take just over an hour to watch all of the ones currently available, which isn't that major of a time commitment... though, in writing this post, I'm now finding out there are apparently some unlisted ones I've yet to watch, so I'm off to go look for those!

I like the concept of clipping through reality and ending up in some government/company program of expanding space. The monster of the Backrooms and other aspects of it sort of bores me. I think just the concept of a seemingly endless space you fell/clipped into out of nowhere is such a great video game in real life concept in general.

Would love to see a game studio actually use the concept of the backrooms to tell a great person driven narrative.

Back
Top Bottom