• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Xbox the absurdly popular top-down survival game "Vampire Survivors" is coming to Xbox One/Series.

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

you really don't need any further explanation on what this game is, but if you somehow do. just look at twitch.tv
it's an incredibly simple gameplay concept. you move your vampire hunter around the map, attacks are done automatically, and your goal is to survive by collecting power-ups and choosing upgrades.

it completely took over the streaming side of gaming for months, and has inspired numerous clones. like, uh, holocure.
if you're wondering how this somehow got it's first console port on Xbox and not Switch, it appears that Microsoft has done a deal to ensure that the game is on Game Pass as soon as possible, both the PC and console versions.

Ugh, they bought timed exclusivity for this one? I've been looking forward to playing this on Switch, I hope exclusivity period is relatively short (though I'm still waiting for Rogue Legacy 2).

Ugh, they bought timed exclusivity for this one?
There’s no evidence to suggest that. In fact, given the game has only been available on Steam up to this point, and was not even on the Microsoft Store on Windows, it seems more likely that Xbox have commissioned the ports to both Xbox and the Microsoft Store on PC. I imagine it will come to other platforms when the developer gets around to it. Xbox don’t seem particularly bothered about exclusivity for games on Game Pass.

There’s no evidence to suggest that. In fact, given the game has only been available on Steam up to this point, and was not even on the Microsoft Store on Windows, it seems more likely that Xbox have commissioned the ports to both Xbox and the Microsoft Store on PC. I imagine it will come to other platforms when the developer gets around to it.
Yeah, that's pretty much what buying the timed exclusivity means. They might have commissioned the port and they most likely included exclusivity clause in that contract. I don't think they'd be happy paying for the port just to see the studio porting the game other platforms themselves shortly afterwards.

Luckily Xbox timed exclusivity deals last only few months. Only exception is Rogue Legacy 2 and I don't know what's going on with that one.

arguably goty and great gamepass game, but I'm surprised is not on switch. hopefully Microsoft hurries up making the Nomad 2

they most likely included exclusivity clause in that contract.
Again, I’m not sure where you’re getting that from when Xbox have shown recently that they care more about games being on Game Pass than unavailable elsewhere. Look at Silksong for example, or Tinykin, or Hades. Until more is revealed there’s no evidence that Xbox are paying for an exclusivity period vs paying for a port and letting the developer do what they want once it’s out.

Will play it all over again on XSX... Best game to release in a few years I'd say. Highly addictive and engaging.

Pro tip. Garlic early on. Thank me later.

Also, on the topic of "exclusivity." The game was already on PC Gamepass for several months. I'd imagine it was an obvious next step to put it on Xbox.

Game's poorly optimised. Not sure what the underlying tech's looking like, but with how this has been running on PC thus far, I'd be surprised if it came to current Switch hardware at all. Performance can be a mess, even with the game looking rather simple on paper. Switch's CPU might just not be enough here.

Game's poorly optimised. Not sure what the underlying tech's looking like, but with how this has been running on PC thus far, I'd be surprised if it came to current Switch hardware at all. Performance can be a mess, even with the game looking rather simple on paper. Switch's CPU might just not be enough here.
I'm just going to go off random stuff I read, but I recall seeing the developer mention it was built on a non standard engine and that he was redoing the entire game on a more standard and efficient engine so it can run better and be ported to consoles.

I'm swamped with games right now (juggling deathloop, nier: automata and bayo3) but damn I've been wanting to try this. It looks brilliant.

I was wondering if this was a not-so-good-idea-thing for Switch due to the screen size and how messy it can get visually, but remembering it's running on Steam Deck, that might've been an unwarranted fear.

Though there should be a rather "big" difference between Deck and, say ... Switch Lite.

They're working on porting the game to a new engine that should address the performance stuff hopefully. It can definitely get to slideshow level at the end of a run for me on Steam Deck, so I imagine the Switch version will only come once the engine port is done.

Back
Top Bottom