• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Tell me some personal good news.

I just got my Japanese Sega Saturn in the mail yesterday (arrived five days early)! I got the exact color (gray) and model I wanted (HST-3200). It’s in excellent condition (no yellowed plastic) though I haven’t tested it yet. I’m excited to finally delve into its wealth of fan translations and ROM hacks.

Currently, I’m waiting for the All-In-One cartridge from AliExpress to arrive, and I’m still deciding between the Fenrir and Satiator ODEs. After that, I have to send it to Stone Age Gamer to get modded. Then, I’ll be waiting for the Checkmate Monitor to finally release. Ultimately, it’ll be at least a few more months until everything is up and running.

I’m exited though! With the Saroo mod* gaining traction, I expect Sega Saturn consoles to start getting scooped up at a higher rate, increasing the price and making availability scarcer. It felt like the right time to become a Sega Saturn owner again.

*Saroo is a previously abandoned ODE project that resurfaced in early 2023. It’s basically a flash cart for Sega Saturn. Modders have been selling authentic Saturn boards in new cases without the disc drive for use with the Saroo.

My brother and his wife closed on a house yesterday which is exciting as they've spent about a year trying to househunt. Their dog will be thrilled.

My wife started interviewing for a job back in November 2023 and started 2 weeks ago, it's a lifechanging job that's going to get us into a better position in life.

i also have been writing songs for a very long time, and after years of nobody listening to my music, my current band has seen at least a few streams a day since January. feels like this pipe dream of mine has finally been legitimized this year.

Today I was able to work on my diploma project for full 8 hours during daylight and I‘m now tired enough to actually sleep during night time.

One of my favorite restaurants that my dad and I used to hang out at all the time, which was always just there my whole life but had been closed and gone for the past five or six years, just did a surprise reopening. It felt like getting a piece of ourselves back.

Ever since I was a kid, I dreamed of California. Stories of sunny beaches, Hollywood, the Hollywood Hills, surfing, Disneyland, and endless possibilities beckoned me.

I spent hours looking at pictures of Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, imagining walking along the Santa Monica waterfront, exploring the beauty of Yosemite, or scuba diving off the Great Barrier Reef.

After high school, I earned an engineering degree and worked in my field for several years. But the dream of California never left me. I read business books, watched motivational videos, studied success stories of people who moved to California and achieved incredible heights there.

Finally, I made up my mind. I sold my apartment, bought an airplane ticket, and set off in pursuit of my dream!

My partner and I--who will have been together for 11 years next month--got engaged just over a month ago and we'll wed this summer.

Recently got a dog, something I thought I would never be able to do due to suffering from pretty serious OCD, and so far I am coping okay.
His name's Poochy and he is lovely

b7j7T7y.jpeg

I also just hit the milestone of 4 years cancer free

Last edited:
After years of aggressive saving, my wife and I are finally able to afford a home with a financial safety net we feel comfortable with! We've put down an offer on a house and, with any luck, should close in mid-May.

I also started learning watercolours and enjoy it. :)

I made a down payment on my first ever pedal-assist electric bike about two weeks ago and I can finally get it at the store next week. Super stoked for this!

Back
Top Bottom