• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Tears of the Kingdom appears to get DLC

Could just be addressing the gold points.

"Pre-order the digital version and download it directly to your Nintendo Switch systemβ€”no code required! Plus, earn My Nintendo Gold Points you can use toward more games and DLC."

Footnote 1:
*Gold Points are awarded based on the amount you pay (excluding tax and any points or discounts used) and have no cash value. Bonus points will be issued on the game’s launch day, are earned based on the original list price of the game on Nintendo eShop, and will vary by country and currency. A Nintendo Account is required to receive and Redeem My Nintendo points. Terms apply. https://accounts.nintendo.com/term_point.

Footnote 2:
**Full version of game required to use DLC. Sold separately.

How many Nintendo first party games have gotten zero content added via dlc free or paid on Switch? Afaik the only ones are

1-2 Switch
Mario Party Superstars
Kirby & The Forgotten Lands
Yoshi's Crafted World

Was anyone really expecting TotK to not have DLC?
A few people didn't expect DLC because they thought Nintendo would want to move on from the game to start work on Zelda for new hardware.

Personally I was always in the DLC camp. Easy way of getting more high profile content out this year (and next?) and it's important to boost the profit margin on a high investment game like this.

How many Nintendo first party games have gotten zero content added via dlc free or paid on Switch? Afaik the only ones are

1-2 Switch
Mario Party Superstars
Kirby & The Forgotten Lands
Yoshi's Crafted World
and clubhouse games! tragically

That footnote has been there since the last trailer, no?
Yes.

It's just a footnote for Gold Points. The earlier versions of this page had the explicit asterisks in the Gold Points section, which for some reason were removed.

Last edited:
BOTW’s DLC was honestly worthless, most of it was stuff like costumes and QOL items that are no use once you already completed the game. The rest was either more of the exact same, or the enemy rush thing that was a fun secret in WW/TP being sold as DLC

If TOTK has proper themed dungeons and DLC would be more of those rather than more Shrines in a game that has plenty, it’s already better. Ideally, Zelda DLC should be about bringing Internet rumors to life, like an OOT DLC would have you get the Triforce, do the Light Temple, reach the Unicorn Fountain, you know what I mean

But how can DLC get DLC? I'm confused.

Lol, also if it's anything like BOTW it will be announced like a week or two before the game comes out.

It probably will have DLC but this thread should be closed since it's just for Gold Points.
Slow news day. Report on stuff that's already been there for a month. Drive clicks and engagement. Get the "but it's already a $70 DLC" comments out there to stir the pot. Profit.

BOTW’s DLC was honestly worthless, most of it was stuff like costumes and QOL items that are no use once you already completed the game. The rest was either more of the exact same, or the enemy rush thing that was a fun secret in WW/TP being sold as DLC

If TOTK has proper themed dungeons and DLC would be more of those rather than more Shrines in a game that has plenty, it’s already better. Ideally, Zelda DLC should be about bringing Internet rumors to life, like an OOT DLC would have you get the Triforce, do the Light Temple, reach the Unicorn Fountain, you know what I mean
As someone who replayed BotW last year with the dlc, having all those extra quests and items to find really changed up how I played the game. I made far more use of horses now that they could warp to me, and being able to place your own warp point some of the over world challenges that are high on cliffs a lot less aggravating to go back to.

TotK DLC should be Zelda coming out of the screen, thanking me for defeating Ganondorf and telling me that I'm a good Nintendo fan.

I absolutely adored BOTW and I was a bit disappointed by the DLC.
I feel that I'm going to be disappointed by the iterative nature of TOTK and I will absolutely adore the more ambitious DLC which is going to follow.

The reason why I'm convinced that the DLC will be beefier this time is because I think that it will be a tent pole of Nintendo's marketing plan to push their new Hardware in 2024.

Hopefully it’s more substantial than the BOTW DLC. Hard to know what to expect until we play the actual game though.

im-shoked-im-shocked.gif

Lol they fixed the site and added the asterisks back in
ysvks8h86vka1.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom