• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Teamsters president politely asks White House not to backstab UPS strikers like they did the rail unions

Branduil

Bob-omb
Solidarity with all the UPS workers.

Teamsters president says he’s asked the White House not to intervene if UPS workers go on strike

The union has threatened a strike if a deal is not reached by the time the collective bargaining agreement expires. Asked during a webcast with members Sunday on whether the White House could force a contract on the union, Teamsters President Sean O’Brien said he has asked the White House on numerous occasions to stay away.

“My neighborhood where I grew up in Boston, if two people had a disagreement and you had nothing to do with it – you just kept walking,” O’Brien said.

“We don’t need anybody getting involved in this fight,” he said.

sigh enough of this please

they specifically thanked the Biden administration
So are you claiming the Biden admin and Democrats didn't literally pass a law banning the rail unions from striking, and then one year later they tossed them a fraction of what they were agitating for?

sigh enough of this please

they specifically thanked the Biden administration

From the same site you sourced lol

Doesn't completely cancel out this bullshit.

We’re thankful that the Biden administration played the long game on sick days and stuck with us for months after Congress imposed our updated national agreement,” Russo said. “Without making a big show of it, Joe Biden and members of his administration in the Transportation and Labor departments have been working continuously to get guaranteed paid sick days for all railroad workers.

are you calling the unions themselves liars?

That's generally how threads like this go, unfortunately. The unions are great and we're on their side, and then they get a deal and thank this person or that person and then you have people going "well fuck them then!".

It doesn't serve the unions' interest in that particular moment to call out that Biden and Democrats literally removed all of their leverage. If I stole 50 dollars from you and gave you back 20 dollars later, it doesn't mean I was never a thief.

In any case, the Teamster's president going out of his way to tell Biden to stay out of this is telling about how unions actually view the president and his supposed "ally-ship."

Your title has unnecessary editorializing unrelated to the article you posted, which to me undermines your "Solidarity with all the UPS workers." message because of the focus you drew away from it.

I understand that unions are concerned about outside interference in their negotiations and want to resolve contract disputes without outside involvement. Teamsters President Sean O'Brien's comparison of two dissidents in his neighborhood reflects the union's desire for stakeholders to find solutions independently. Maintaining autonomy in negotiations allows unions and other stakeholders to have direct control over the outcome. By keeping outside parties, such as the White House, out of the discussion, the alliance aims to maintain the integrity of the bargaining process and ensure that the agreement reached represents the interests of the members. pellets. Ultimately, the coalition's stance suggests a preference for a mutually-agreed solution to address their concerns without outside intervention.
wtf did you do to the quote and why both of your only posts awkwardly worded in the same and extremely long winded manner?

are you a bot

EDIT: definitely a bot

Back
Top Bottom