• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Tamagotchi Uni announced, releasing worldwide on the 15th of July

Tangerine_Cookie

Time to mix drinks and #TrustTheProcess
Pronouns
She/Her
Checked and there didn't seem to be any actual Tamagotchi topics on Fami. Let's fix that real quick!

As the most important new hardware announcement today (šŸ˜), Bandai just dropped the first official info on Tamagotchi Uni, releasing worldwide on the 15th of July.
This is the first model of Tama to get a worldwide release in years (with past gens having region-specific models, like the Pix/Pix Party in US/Europe and Smart in Japan)

It's also the first Tama to get built-in WiFi connection, letting you connect to nearby Tamas, but also allowing your pet to visit... the Tamaverse

img_tamavese_01.png

Which is just a cute way to download firmware updates, new items, and play minigames with other Tamas from all over the world, maybe even marrying them!

Other new features include a step counter, so you can go on walks with your Tama and collect materials to craft new clothes and accessories, and a rechargeable battery.

It also marks the debut of Unimaruchi, apparently the first non-binary Tama?

%E3%82%86%E3%81%AB%E3%81%BE%E3%82%8B%E3%81%A3%E3%81%A1_%E6%9B%B8%E3%81%8D%E5%87%BA%E3%81%97%E6%AD%A3%E6%96%B9%E5%BD%A2.png

There's more info on the official website, and preorders for the two (Pink and Purple) release colors are already up in some places. Grabbing the Pink one myself!

This is cool. Always good to see them not give up the dedicated stuff to just do apps or something.

Yeah, that's part of the appeal for me, honestly. I feel a tamagotchi app on my phone would get any notifications shoved down whatever part of my brain puts off replying to emails for days. A physical egg that's a thing by itself, however? I'm so up.

The fun part is that they actually had companion apps for some of the past models, and the community has kept them running until today. Mildly hyped for any kind of homebrew support the Uni will get in the future.

finally, the ninth generation of gaming is truly here.

there's a pretty lengthy video out there going into the full history of these systems except for the Miku one, because that released after the script was done.

finally, the ninth generation of gaming is truly here.

there's a pretty lengthy video out there going into the full history of these systems except for the Miku one, because that released after the script was done.

I just watched that yesterday, and it goes pretty in depth, even covering stuff like the Deka and Home Deka models.

Kkclue does some great content.

Back
Top Bottom