• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News "Tales of" series character designer Mutsumi Inomata passed away at 63 on March 10th

Ah, damn. Her cover artworks were among the best in the genre:

Tales_of_Innocence_boxart.jpg

RIP! I'm gonna miss her watercolor art gracing Tales covers for sure...

RIP, I imagine every year is just gonna get harder with more talent from the 80's and 90's passing away.

Rest in peace Inomata-san. Definitely the iconic Tales character artist that springs to mind with her enduring character designs.

One of the most proficient illustrators and character designers (and also animators!) going all the way back to the 1980s.

Good bye, Inomata-sensei.

Never really got into Tales of, but man, her designs are just instantly recognisable. Very talented woman šŸ˜”

Another legend taken far too soon. Destiny and Eternia were my Tales, and a huge part of their draw was her incredible artwork and designs.

Mutsumi+Inomata+-+91.jpg

Mutsumi+Inomata+-+68.jpg

Mutsumi+Inomata+-+13.jpg

As a follow up to the DQIV art posted above, a friend of mine located a LOZ artwork that Inomata-san drew as part of her SAI (彩) artbook:

Back
Top Bottom