• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Tales of Kenzera: ZAU, a new 2.5D Metroidvania, coming to PC and consoles on April 23rd (out now!)

curl-6

Chain Chomp

Fresh from the Game Awards, finally something coming to Switch!
It's a 2.5D action metroidvania helmed by Abubakar Salim and Surgent Studios, inspired by Bantu mythology.
Looks hella cool and I'll be keeping an eye on it for sure!

Last edited:
Funny that only EA of all people brought a Switch game to TGA. Looks good though, post march Switch support kinda barren next year, we need every single game.

Looks good, might check this game out if nothing big releases around it.

Edit: I decided to edit my comment because I feel like I was still giving off a snarky attitude and I don’t want that.

Last edited:
This looks awesome. Always love when games take inspiration from different cultures, and the gameplay looks like it matches too.

Won't get it at launch since it'll inevitably come to EA Play and therefore Game Pass, but it's definitely on my radar.

"I'll be there no matter what."

Afro-futurism + Magic + Metroidvania? I couldn't be more IN if I tried!

This game looks so rad and it’s a shame there’s basically no conversation around it. The Lost Crown at least had the Prince of Persia IP backing it up, this one seems to be going under the radar. Like, there was a demo on Steam a few months ago and I saw nobody talk about it.

I’m looking forward to this quite a lot. I love MetroidVanias and the setting is very unique. Really hope this one surprises people when it comes out.

Last edited:
This game looks so rad and it’s a shame there’s basically no conversation around it. The Lost Crown at least had the Prince of Persia IP backing it up, this one seems to be going under the radar. Like, there was a demo on Steam a few months ago and I saw nobody talk about it.

I’m looking forward to this quite a lot. I love MetroidVanias and the setting is very unique. Really hope this one surprises people when it comes out.

There's been chatter on social media including myself, it's gonna be an old fashioned word of mouth type game.

reviews are out

Yeah unfortunately the demo for this one was fairly weak gameplay wise so I'm not terribly surprised by mixed reviews

Story and setting had a lot of promise though and it's good to see the game lives up to that

Game is out everywhere. I just remembered I had about $10 in eshop credit so I took the unexpected plunge into the Switch version.

As expected with many Switch games it runs at 30fps. Early on in some of the cutscenes there is some stuttering for whatever reason but gameplay it's solid after that. Very responsive moving around and attacking enemies. Some visual drawbacks but overall still looks good artistically in my opinion.

Docked resolution seems higher than 720p but I don't want to say 1080p. Undocked is a little fuzzier but overall still visually nice and clear to play.

Music and voice acting is still very good. Menus are definitely native resolution depending on the mode you're playing.

Was hoping for this one to review a little better, but this is a debut indie game so I can’t be too harsh on it. At least people say the story is good.

Played it for 3 hours, really liking it so far. I normally hate metroidvanias, but the map shows me where I need to go and prevents me from getting lost, so I'm really enjoying it.

Back
Top Bottom