• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Take Two confirms PS5 & Xbox Series as launch platforms for GTA VI (No PC)

N 2 Deep

Moblin
Pronouns
he/him/his
https://www.take2games.com/ir/news/rockstar-games-announces-grand-theft-auto-vi-coming-2025
Trailer_1_Illustration_%2816x9%29.jpg

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 4, 2023-- Rockstar Games®, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto VI is coming to PlayStation® 5 computer entertainment systems and Xbox Series X|S games and entertainment systems in 2025

Important confirmation here is the Xbox Series S support. Many people predicted that GTA6 would be the first game that won't run on S at era. Nah, that shit is gonna be pretty scalable.

I'm going to be blunt, this no PC thing is an Atlus level dumb decision

Completely idiotic and done for no reason besides "tradition". No I don't believe either Sony or MS is paying for this considering they release stuff on PC as well (MS day one even!)

Last edited:
So factoring in the inevitable delay to 2026 for the console release, guess I'll be playing this on PC in... maybe 2027?

Yeah, think I'm just gonna forget this thing exists for another couple years tbh

Standard operating procedure for R* and Take-Two.

Will play the game in 2026 I think on PC (Steam hopefully)

Amazing trailer. Not surprised about platforms. They can't mention Switch 2 until Nintendo reveals the name, and maybe showcases it in the Direct with an exclusive DLC.

Important confirmation here is the Xbox Series S support. Many people predicted that GTA6 would be the first game that won't run on S at era. Nah, that shit is gonna be pretty scalable.

lmao.

No PC stings a bit, but I’m not exactly in a rush to play GTA. I can certainly wait until it comes out on PC and I can install silly mods in it.

I'm going to be blunt, this no PC thing is an Atlus level dumb decision

Completely idiotic and done for no reason besides "tradition". No I don't believe either Sony or MS is paying for this considering they release stuff on PC as well (MS day one even!)
There is cost/challenge to releasing demanding games on multiple platforms, especially when you include PC. This also is not some niche Atlus RPG, this is a sequel to the most popular entertainment property of all time.

By commiting to Xbox/PS5, it will likely be a far smoother launch than otherwise. That will get everyone playing the new game and spending money on the new microtransactions, which will be harder to do if they're fighting PC performance bugs alongside whatever issues they'll have with Xbox Series and PS5.

There is cost/challenge to releasing demanding games on multiple platforms, especially when you include PC. This also is not some niche Atlus RPG, this is a sequel to the most popular entertainment property of all time.

By commiting to Xbox/PS5, it will likely be a far smoother launch than otherwise. That will get everyone playing the new game and spending money on the new microtransactions, which will be harder to do if they're fighting PC performance bugs alongside whatever issues they'll have with Xbox Series and PS5.

They're already launching the game on four wildly different platforms at launch, lol.

Series S
PS5
Xbox Series X
PS5 Pro

All have hugely different power profiles and range from 4 to 20 teraflops in power.

Thanks for reminding me! I remember arguing about this in the hardware thread months ago. The idea that this would skip a current gen platform was always preposterous concern trolling. BG3 really skewed perception of that ecosystem.

If there's one company in this industry that has the resources to make a properly polished pc version day one it's rockstar

They're already launching the game on four wildly different platforms at launch, lol.

Series S
PS5
Xbox Series X
PS5 Pro

All have hugely different power profiles and range from 4 to 20 teraflops in power.
And adding a highly complicated 5th will not make things easier. In fact, you've just Illustrated why adding another platform would be a bad idea.
If there's one company in this industry that has the resources to make a properly polished pc version day one it's rockstar
Having more resources =/= having good solutions to complex problems when under time pressure. I both agree 100% that they could launch on PC at the same time, but there is a labor cost that would cause the overall product (a massively complicated open world game) to suffer from a performance perspective.

Back
Top Bottom