• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Takashi Tezuka On Pikmin 5's Development, "We'll try to not let everyone wait".

Lozjam

Don't Forget Me
Pronouns
He/Him
Off the heels of the recent Eurogamer Mario Wonder interview, Nintendo provided information that really didn't have anything to do with Mario Wonder. But Pikmin 5 instead. It's a wonderful article by eurogamer, however Nintendos Pikmin Producer seems to also have Pikmin on the mind.
And finally, a question on my personal favourite Nintendo franchise. Tezuka is a veteran of the Pikmin series, and recently served as producer on Pikmin 4. After a 10-year wait for a new game, could Nintendo try to ensure Pikmin 5 did not take as long? "I think that would be best as well," Tezuka smiled. "We'll try not to let everyone wait."

Well there you have it folks, Pikmin 5 is nearing the end of its development compared to Pikmin 4. /s

In all seriousness I am glad the sales success of Pikmin 4 is going to allow for more entries sooner. I think they really struck gold with 4, and it will be way easier to iterate upon it than previous games.

In the same interview, Tezuka also stabs Zelda fans right in the heart:
With 2D Mario reinvigorated, is there still room for new 2D Zelda, in a world where Breath of the Wild is so successful? "I've left all of these other topics to Aonuma-san," Tezuka says. So no Super Zelda Wonder? Tezuka laughs.

I'm guessing now that they kind of have a reinvigorated/renewed base to build new Pikmin games off of, I think Pikmin 5 could be a 2026-2027 game

I'm guessing now that they kind of have a reinvigorated/renewed base to build new Pikmin games off of, I think Pikmin 5 could be a 2026-2027 game
Yeah they also have a potential development partner in Eighting, meaning that as long as there's an idea for the game it should have everything else it needs to get made within the next 3-5 years or so

(stadium crowd chant, to the tune of “USA! USA! USA!”)
TEZUKA! TEZUKA! TEZUKA!

RU1cbnq.png

How come we barely hear from him? Kitt and Krysta talk about how much they love him, but you rarely hear from him. He made Yoshi’s Island probably the best 2D platformer from Nintendo (at least in the Mario series).

Tezuka is genuinely the GOAT. Nothing but love to Miyamoto but to me Tezuka IS Nintendo

How come we barely hear from him? Kitt and Krysta talk about how much they love him, but you rarely hear from him. He made Yoshi’s Island probably the best 2D platformer from Nintendo (at least in the Mario series).
Actually spends most of his time hiding Aonuma's pencils to prevent 2D Zelda from being made.

I mean, that Zelda comment is just as likely a way of avoiding revealing an upcoming 2D Zelda

Why would he comment on 2D Zelda anyways? Lol that’s not under him.

Right, do we expect him to be like, "keep your eyes peeled for some news soon!" or something like that?

He literally passed the hot potato to the person who could actually give an educated answer

Right, do we expect him to be like, "keep your eyes peeled for some news soon!" or something like that?

He literally passed the hot potato to the person who could actually give an educated answer
He could just do what Miyamoto does, say the game is finished, and then laugh as everybody else waits 8 years for said game.

Just give me DLC already. It DLC isn’t announced at the next direct I will be disappointed.

Has there been any news about the sales of Pikmin 4?

I agree there is plenty to build on if they want to go in that direction and use the same engine.
Personally I'm still hoping for Pikmin 4 DLC featuring Bingo Battle and other extra modes.

Pikmin is probably all the buzz right now inside Nintendo. They've finally managed to get the bigger audience's attention, and are surely looking for ways to explore its great potential.

wait did IGN actually say something about Pikmin 5

It's depressing that game design decisions have become about nothing more than making the games more popular and not better. Hopefully the next one takes more from 1 and 3, or at least expand on the quite shallow gameplay of 4.

It's depressing that game design decisions have become about nothing more than making the games more popular and not better. Hopefully the next one takes more from 1 and 3, or at least expand on the quite shallow gameplay of 4.
Sometimes better and more popular go hand in hand

I wanted to joke that this is what Resident Evil fans said in 2005 but sadly your taste in Pikmin is unimpeachable so you picked 3 over 2.

lmao ign can kick rocks

Pikmin 5 should have online multiplayer and a raid mode with harder bosses.

Let's gooooooooo!

Pikmin 4 was worth the wait but I think it would be a shame to wait so long between entries. Hopefully Pikmin 4 continues selling well!

I agree there is plenty to build on if they want to go in that direction and use the same engine.
Personally I'm still hoping for Pikmin 4 DLC featuring Bingo Battle and other extra modes.
we can definitely rule out UE4 being used due to age. if UE5 is used will depend on if they go back to Eighting or an external dev again. given how this turned out (the game is still charting high), I can see them wanting to continue the relationship

lmao ign can kick rocks
the weird thing is only one host says this and the rest of the hosts said "nah". but IGN still went with the worst headline

Pikmin 4 was selling quite well in japan for the past weeks

with Pikmin 4 possibly been the best selling game of the franchise, Pikmin fans will no longer have to wait a decade between releases, Pikmin 5 could easily been a future game for Nintendo Switch sucessor

we can definitely rule out UE4 being used due to age. if UE5 is used will depend on if they go back to Eighting or an external dev again. given how this turned out (the game is still charting high), I can see them wanting to continue the relationship

the weird thing is only one host says this and the rest of the hosts said "nah". but IGN still went with the worst headline
I don't know how much work it would require to rewrite all the games systems and shaders in a new engine. It's not like there weren't plenty of UE4 games on PS4 and XBO. I assume Pikmin 5 will be on the next Switch.

I don't know how much work it would require to rewrite all the games systems and shaders in a new engine. It's not like there weren't plenty of UE4 games on PS4 and XBO. I assume Pikmin 5 will be on the next Switch.
Good news is they won't have to. And how many ue4 games were on ps4/Xbox doesn't matter since ue4 is now unsupported and won't be supported for Drake. Better off using ue5 for a new project since anything they want to reuse is portable

Good news is they won't have to. And how many ue4 games were on ps4/Xbox doesn't matter since ue4 is now unsupported and won't be supported for Drake. Better off using ue5 for a new project since anything they want to reuse is portable
Didn't know that support for UE4 has ended. Your point makes sense now. Thanks for explaining :)

Back
Top Bottom