• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Switch Successor-What's the Launch Day Lineup

Lozjam

Don't Forget Me
Banned
Pronouns
He/Him
When you release a console, almost nothing is more important than the games launch day lineup. So, I thought it would be fun to create a realistic launch lineup for the console. These are the games available on the first day launch, not of launch window. To give you a reference of the day 1 lineup, here's the launch games of the Switch and the Wii U.

Switch:
Legend of Zelda BotW
Snipperclips
1-2 Switch
Bomberman R
I am Setsuna
Fast RMX
Skylanders Imaginators
Just Dance 2017
Shovel Knight

Wii U:
Assassin’s Creed III
Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition
Call of Duty: Black Ops II
Chasing Aurora
Darksiders II
Disney Epic Mickey 2
EA Sports FIFA
ESPN Sports Connection
Game Party Champions
Just Dance 4
Little Inferno
Madden NFL 13
Mass Effect 3
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition
Nano Assault Neo
NBA 2K13
New Super Mario Bros. U
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Nintendo Land
Rabbids Land
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Sing Party
Skylanders Giants
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition
Transformers Prime
Trine 2: Director's Cut
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved
Warriors Orochi 3
Wipeout: The Game 3
ZombiU

Now, I do kind of think that Switch 2 will moreso mirror the Wii U lineup. Maybe 1 or 2 really good Nintendo titles, then solid third party support. I honestly think it's the following:
3D Mario
A tech demoey title like ARMS or 1-2 Switch, probably a new IP.
Final Fantasy 7 Remake Intergrade
Fortnite(not in BC compatible mode in order to show off UE5 and can show all the bells and whistles)
Assassin's Creed Red
Street Fighter 6
Just Dance

Then of course, if you have 4K updates for Switch Games that's going to be there as well.

New quarter new thread?

New quarter new thread?

Considering that we have a much better idea of the capabilities of the Switch, it's a lot easier to nail down especially third party titles that could come.

"Launch day" feels weird to single out instead of a general launch window of 3-6 months.

There will be a lot of GaaS games trying to launch on Switch 2 that will try to avoid releasing next to each other (Genshin Impact, updated Fortnite, etc) and this will spread out obvious releases over an entire year.

"Launch day" feels weird to single out instead of a general launch window of 3-6 months.

There will be a lot of GaaS games trying to launch on Switch 2 that will try to avoid releasing next to each other (Genshin Impact, updated Fortnite, etc) and this will spread out obvious releases over an entire year.
It's just fun though. It doesn't diminish launch window, but considering the current installbase of the switch, publishers being fully on board, and the likely power of the device. That launch window will sort of be so massive that it becomes a bit too hard to predict. This is just for fun though, of what will be there on day 1 of the switch successor.

3D Mario
Arms 2 (NOT Wave Race)
Star Wars Outlaws
Assassin's Creed Red
Call of Duty 24
FC25
Madden 25
NBA 2K25
Alone in the Dark
Remnant II
Baldur's Gate 3
improved ports of GaaS stuff: CoD Warzone, Fortnite, Apex Legends

I feel it's gonna be like Wii U launch but with strange lack of Japanese third parties.

God if they can get square enix on board and just put achievements on their system then I don't need to get a PS5.

Launch day (summer/fall 2024):
3D Mario
ToTK Patch/rerelease to hit 4K 60 FPS with DLSS

Launch window:
Metroid Prime 4 releasing crossgen on Switch and Switch 2
Elden Ring
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Persona 3 Reloaded

Re-releases of Switch games hitting 4K 60 fps (Nintendo is probably gonna charge an "upgrade" fee) Including Pikmin 4, Bayonetta Trilogy, and Xenoblade

Holiday 2024:
New Pokémon game (BW Remakes) releasing on both Switch and Switch 2.

H1 2024 launch window:

MP4
MK10 (or 2025)
Smash U Deluxe (or 2025)
FF VII R
Elden Ring
BOTW/TOTK Deluxe 4K
Star Wars Jedi Survivor
New IP
Cyberpunk
Switch 1 4K Patches
Alone in the Dark
Baldur's Gate 3
RDR2
Just Dance

H2 2024:

Mario 3D
Mario Party
GTA VI
EA Sports FC
AC Red
COD
EA FC25
Madden 25
NBA 2K25
Star Wars Outlaws

I could see Street Fighter 6 being the premiere 3rd party launch title.

3D Mario
New Quirky First Party Minigame thing
Elden Ring
WindWaker/Twilight Princess HD
Assassins Creed
FFVII remake
COD
Street Fighter 6
Pokemon Scarlet/Violet (Patched, and with all the DLC in the cart)

All in the early launch window. Mario Kart 9 will either launch or be one of the first up 1st party games released afterwards.

In addition, we see the return of Nintendo Selects/Players Choice for base Switch games. So we have patched versions of stuff Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, etc for $20 on sale as well (With free or very cheap upgrades for ones who already own them)

According to Sakurai, they aren't working on smash. I feel like this must be a lie lol. There's no way lol. They need smash for the new console.

I think that i have two more games for the Launch Day: elden ring and a new ip by epd4, as for the rest of the fiscal year:
-Astral Chain 2.
-Assasins Creed Red.
-Star Wars Outlaws.
-Mario Kart 9.
-Pokemon Gen 5 Remakes.
-Street Fighter 6.
-Alone in the Dark.
-Wishful Thinking: Super Mario Rpg 2.

3D mario
Elden Ring
Fifa
Call of duty
A tech demo type game from Nintendo
A minigame/party colection from a developer
Maybe a capcom port of some kind
And a few lucky indies

mv-1503313705069.jpg

It's time

Astral Chain 2, A new Monster Hunter game and Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition would be amazing! 😁

Last edited:
I'm not going whole hog, just what I'd be interested in.

Summer 2024 (day one launch)
Metroid Prime 4 (cross-gen)
Street Fighter 6
Resident Evil 4
Elden Ring
probably some indies
probably some Switch 1 updates (paid or free)

I feel like that'd be plenty for me. Then later in the FY we'd get more.

Super Mario (fall)
Mario Kart (holiday)
Astral Chain 2
Xenoblade Warriors (cross-gen)
MGS Delta
More RE ports
Dragon's Dogma II
FF ports
Atlus ports
GG Strive
more indies
more Switch 1 updates
maybe new retro stuff (AC/SS/DC Sega Ages?)

Monster Hunter 6

septembre/octobre: next 3D Mario( launch game, exclusive)
novembre:yearly Pokemon game or Monolith Soft action RPG/Xenoblade Chronicles 4(exclusive for Monolith Soft game, cross-gen for yearly Pokemon)
dezembre: Metroid Prime 4(cross-gen)

First 6 Months Exclusives* **:
Open-World 3D Mario (1440p60)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Remade using a new engine like Prime Remastered or that GDC demo, 4K30)
Animal Crossing (4K30, reinvented AC, that's why 30FPS)
Pokémon Legends: Unova (1440p30, it's GameFreak)
Kirby 3D (4K60)
Donkey Kong Country by EPD (4K60)
Mario Kart (1440p60)
Astral Chain 2 (1440p60)

Next-Gen Enhancements (First 4 Months)*:
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild & Tears of the Kingdom (4K60)
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (4K60)
Super Mario Odyssey (4K60)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (4K120)
Super Mario RPG (4K60)
Princess Peach Showtime (4K60)
Luigi's Mansion 2 & 3 (4K60)
Pikmin 4 (4K30)
Metroid Dread (4K60/1440p120)
Metroid Prime Remastered*** (4K60)
Metroid Prime 4 (1440p60)

*Docked Mode Res/FPS predictions
**Order goes from: launch title to: releasing 6 months after device's release
***2 & 3 also included, if they release this gen

Only physical games, so no indies or F2P:

3D Mario
Wave Race
COD24
FC 2025
Madden 2025
NHL 2025
NBA2k5
Assasins Creed Red
Star Wars Outclaws
Street Fighter 6
Wild Hearts
Wo Long
Ridge Racer 8
Yakuza (something lol)

Notable launch window titles (first 6 months): Diablo, FFXV, Avatar FoP, MGS3 Delta, RDR2, Metro Exodus, Suicide Squad, Mario Kart X, Dinasty Warriors 10, Star Wars Jedi: FO (maybe even Survivor), Renmant 2, Guilty Gear Strive, KOF 15, etc

Last edited:
Mario Kart 9 will either launch or be one of the first up 1st party games released afterwards
I hope and think you’re right. So ready for an amazing new Mario Kart. Really hope they use 4K to give us 8-player local.

Mario Kart World
Nintendo Casual Title
Street Fighter VI
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
Madden NFL
EA FC Soccer
NBA 2K
Assassin's Creed something

Monster Hunter 6 early in the life cycle will be the "surprise" announcement but maybe not day 1. Call of Duty in November.

Mario + Donkey Kong 3D platformer (play as Mario/Luigi or DK/Diddy) a few months later.

Just my random guesses.

I would like to see an RPG I never seen beefore but given the rumors the showings from Atlus and SE is probably all they are goinf to show on the third party rpg front.

On first party front, showing a shiny Fire Emblem game could be nice here.

mv-1503313705069.jpg

It's time

What is this?

If it’s late in the year, then:

• 3D Mario
  • Pokémon Black / White 3
  • Random game that uses the camera gimmick

Otherwise, earlier in the year without Pokémon. That’s it for first party. Then Prime 4 and Mario Kart 10 on the launch window.

First 6 Months Exclusives* **:
Open-World 3D Mario (1440p60)
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Remade using a new engine like Prime Remastered or that GDC demo, 4K30)
Animal Crossing (4K30, reinvented AC, that's why 30FPS)
Pokémon Legends: Unova (1440p30, it's GameFreak)
Kirby 3D (4K60)
Donkey Kong Country by EPD (4K60)
Mario Kart (1440p60)
Astral Chain 2 (1440p60)

Next-Gen Enhancements (First 4 Months)*:
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild & Tears of the Kingdom (4K60)
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (4K60)
Super Mario Odyssey (4K60)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (4K120)
Super Mario RPG (4K60)
Princess Peach Showtime (4K60)
Luigi's Mansion 2 & 3 (4K60)
Pikmin 4 (4K30)
Metroid Dread (4K60/1440p120)
Metroid Prime Remastered*** (4K60)
Metroid Prime 4 (1440p60)

*Docked Mode Res/FPS predictions
**Order goes from: launch title to: releasing 6 months after device's release
***2 & 3 also included, if they release this gen
I feel your a bit too optimistic with this list lol

3D Mario
BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL! 2
Gimmicky Nintendo game that showcases the use of some new features* (Name not final.)
Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D (or Dragon Quest 12 if the Switch successor launches late 2024.)
Daemon X Machina: Titanic Scion
Shin Megami Tensei V: Complete Edition/Maniax/Apocalypse
Red Dead Redemption 2
Street Fighter 6 (or Super Street Fighter 6, a version that would include the Year 1 Ultimate Pass, depending on the Switch successor's exact release timing.)
Just Dance 2024 (or Just Dance 2025 depending on the Switch successor's exact release timing.)
Genshin Impact

3 things will be on the Switch 2 day 1. 3D Mario, Metroid Prime 4, and if Nintendo wants to make the big bucks, they're gonna market it with and launch with Elden Ring like they did Skyrim on Switch. (Please ignore the part where Skyrim wasn't a day 1 game tho I'm sure y'all understand)

3 things will be on the Switch 2 day 1. 3D Mario, Metroid Prime 4, and if Nintendo wants to make the big bucks, they're gonna market it with and launch with Elden Ring like they did Skyrim on Switch. (Please ignore the part where Skyrim wasn't a day 1 game tho I'm sure y'all understand)
More than one big hitter on day one?

There will be other things surely. But those 3 are what I'm 100% sure will happen.

I think Metroid Prime 4 will be in the launch lineup but not day 1 with Mario.

I could see

Launch day: 3D Mario
1 month after: Mario Kart 9 (It's time)
2 months after launch: Metroid Prime 4

That way Switch 2 sales will be higher by the time Metroid Prime releases.

Releasing 3D Mario and Metroid Prime 4 on the same day (with other big titles releases) would hurt Metroid more than help it.

3D Mario
Metroid 4
A BIG third Party
A Small exclusive Indie
Something that may show off the gimmick if there is one.

I think Metroid Prime 4 will be in the launch lineup but not day 1 with Mario.

I could see

Launch day: 3D Mario
1 month after: Mario Kart 9 (It's time)
2 months after launch: Metroid Prime 4

That way Switch 2 sales will be higher by the time Metroid Prime releases.

Releasing 3D Mario and Metroid Prime 4 on the same day (with other big titles releases) would hurt Metroid more than help it.
I don't see a world where Prime 4 breaks 3 million copies so releasing it day 1 vs 2 months in makes no difference for me. I think it'd be day 1 to showcase the graphics of the system. Retro always pushes the limit of hardware they work with, prime 4 is a great launch game to show what the system is capable of.

I think 3D Mario and SF6 will be there at launch. Probably Elden Ring+DLC too. Maybe Silksong? That would be crazy.
Shortly after release:
  • ARMS-like game
  • Astral Chain 2
  • MK9, I'm not putting this at release because there will already be a 3D Mario and Nintendo will prefer to space 2 heavy hitters like these.

If launch is in March/Apr 2024:

• Metroid Prime 4
  • Another 1srt party title more aimed at Nintendo "core" fanbase
  • A showcase 3rd party title (like RDR2)
  • Enhancemrnts for selected Switch games (Zelda would be prioritized)

- Mario 3D will be shown in trailer from the beginning but will release in fall season

If launch is in fall 2024:

• Mario 3D will be there on day 1
  • Either MP4 or the "other core title" will be postponed to H1 2025

I don't see a world where Prime 4 breaks 3 million copies so releasing it day 1 vs 2 months in makes no difference for me. I think it'd be day 1 to showcase the graphics of the system. Retro always pushes the limit of hardware they work with, prime 4 is a great launch game to show what the system is capable of.

The thing is Metroid being there in the launch window won't change the fact that it could be a graphical showcase. Heck, the next 3D Mario could easily be a technical showcase seeing how great Odyssey looked.

Also it's already been said by insiders that they've heard that the next 3D Mario will be a launch title, we haven't heard about MP4 release window yet.

Back
Top Bottom