• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Predictions Switch 2's launch/first year lineup predictions

Pronouns
He/Him
My guesses

Nintendo: New 3D Mario and a new casual game are shoe-ins for launch, imo. I don't know about the rest of the year.

Capcom: Their first year, I imagine, will be spent porting everything they couldn't bring to Switch 1. Expect Resident Evil 7-8 + 2R, 3R, 4R, Street Fighter 6, Devil May Cry 4 and 5, possibly MH World.

Ubisoft: Assassin's Creed Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla/Mirage, Mario and Rabbids, new Immortals game?

Namco/Bandai: Some anime games. Not much else outside of that. They'll announce that they are making a Tales game for Switch 2, although it could just be an old port.

Konami: More collections, more Bomberman, more Castlevania

Square-Enix: An exclusive HD-2D game, another original IP, Kingdom Hearts collection (native).

Sega/Atlus: Something Sonic or Atlus-related

Koei/Tecmo: Musou galore, Atelier Ryza, maybe a Wo Long port. I think Team Ninja will be more active on Switch 2 than they were on 1.

Platinum: Nothing. Bayonetta 4 might be announced.

From Software: Nothing.

Cygames: Granblue Fantasy Re:Link port.

Falcom: Ys and Trails games galore, Tokyo Xanadu Ex port

NISA: Who knows? I'm sure they'll be there, though

Warner Bros: Mortal Kombat 12.

Rockstar: Red Dead Redemption 2 port

DXsv-S5UMAAvOob

Nintendo: The Curse of Yakuman, Dragalia Lost: Cleo's Great Bake-Off, Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland 3, Brain Age (North American release)

City Connection: Avenging Spirit Re-Possessed, Moero Pro Yakyuu HD, Pizza Pop 2

Sega: Yakuza Jr, Gay's Garden (Girl's Garden but gay)

Hasbro: Transformers: Beast Wars: Transmetals for NSO, Transformers: Devastation 2 (starring Arcee, Anode, and Lug), Convoy no Nazo 2D-HD, Night Trap 2

Still hoping we get the likes of Batman Arkham Collection, Tomb Raider Reboot Trilogy and the Mass Effect Legendary Edition Trilogy in the first year.

Nintendo: The Curse of Yakuman, Dragalia Lost: Cleo's Great Bake-Off, Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland 3, Brain Age (North American release)

Hasbro: Transformers: Beast Wars: Transmetals for NSO, Transformers: Devastation 2 (starring Arcee, Anode, and Lug), Convoy no Nazo 2D-HD, Night Trap 2
ah yes, the first console to have negative sales

Do you have to do this in every thread?

Assuming March 2024 is the release window:

Launch: 3D Mario (levels seamlessly jumping between Odyssey style and Galaxy style would be sick), Just Dance 2024/2025 (however they dictate which year goes on the box), a Steamworld game (Hopefully Dig 3, but probably a new genre again), something from Konami (maybe a new single player YuGiOh game)

First couple months: Mario Kart X (New single player story akin to CTR, basically 8 Deluxe otherwise), The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker + Twilight Princess HD (could see these being split up and having story content added. Give me my Medli side story Nintendo), Pokemon Mystery Dungeon (For real this time)

And Silksong will still not be out.

I want to say as someone whose been following the Switch succ since it was still a Pro rumor from the old place that a thread like this is heartening and a bit of a milestone.

But I also want to caution against optimism it's coming soon* as the rumors could be false or mistaken. I'll re-iterate what i said before. The Pokemon leak has the hallmarks of something that looks like it was staring us in the face all-along and will get retconned as an 'obvious' correct leak in the future when the Switch 2 leak timeline is reconstructed, but there's by my guess a not insignificant chance it's a well crafted fake, and even if it is correct, because of the use of auto translate, something may have been lost in translation when they say next-generation device that the upcoming Pokemon DLC would supporet.

Let's wait and see. If this thing is coming soon, it should be obvious by summer if not earlier.

*within the next 6 to 12 months

Maybe I went overboard with the Capcom stuff, but I just don't see them not porting those games.

FWIW, I don't see them porting those games all in one year either. It will be much more spaced out than that.
if there's a player base capcom will port it there. unless you are xbox and the game is mega man battle network collection. then you are SOL. as for elden ring i see it as that skyrim type game that's used to show what the console is capable of. even though it could be totally ported to the switch but lol bamco.

if there's a player base capcom will port it there. unless you are xbox and the game is mega man battle network collection. then you are SOL. as for elden ring i see it as that skyrim type game that's used to show what the console is capable of. even though it could be totally ported to the switch but lol bamco.
I just don't think From Software cares about Nintendo, or vice versa.

I just don't think From Software cares about Nintendo, or vice versa.

I think they can’t and won’t make games for hardware that doesn’t meet today’s standards. They aren’t picky about where else their games hit tho. It’s just that the games end up releasing in roughly the same state across platforms and the current Switch isn’t suitable in the slightest.

If the next Switch matches PS4 / Pro, then I don’t see why they wouldn’t seek a port of Elden Ring. If they could line up the release for the platform launch they probably see a ton of success. Despite my issues with the franchise’s difficulty, I’d probably pick it up digitally for Switch 2 right away.

Maybe not passive aggressive shitposting, but it is shitposting. Actually I guess a better way of describing it would be that it's forced meme shitposting. She's mentioning Yakuman like it's a meme except she's the only one who's participating and it's not catching on. That's kind of overly harsh, though; I get doing stuff like that can be funny in a way that only you really get.

Maybe not passive aggressive shitposting, but it is shitposting. Actually I guess a better way of describing it would be that it's forced meme shitposting. She's mentioning Yakuman like it's a meme except she's the only one who's participating and it's not catching on. That's kind of overly harsh, though; I get doing stuff like that can be funny in a way that only you really get.

I mean I can see that angle, but also I'm a Style Savvy fangirl and genuinely mention it every single time I can. Like, I don't think it's intentional shitposting, more like wishing very hard for something to happen. I don't think the aim of it is shitposting, is my point, I can be corrected if I'm wrong.

I mean I can see that angle, but also I'm a Style Savvy fangirl and genuinely mention it every single time I can. Like, I don't think it's intentional shitposting, more like wishing very hard for something to happen. I don't think the aim of it is shitposting, is my point, I can be corrected if I'm wrong.

I suppose that's true. I think it came off as shitposting to me in the context of a list of games that wouldn't really make sense for a logical first-party (and third-party, even) lineup when you'd expect them to have some more mainstream games, along with the title "Curse of Yakuman" which doesn't make sense for a Mahjong video game. If it wasn't for the goofy game titles I'd at least understand it as overly wishing-for-your-specific-tastes-to-be-fulfilled posting though.

Do you have to do this in every thread?

Every list thread is a new opportunity for a fun list! Perhaps you don't agree with my predictions, but I CAN justify them, just as I don't agree with many of yours, which you have justified yourself.

No friend of Arcee is an enemy of mine.

Yes.

They are the TRANSformers for a reason, after all!

Three things!

1) I post Yakuman for myself and myself only. The point isn't to have it catch on.

2) I know of one other Yakuman fan on this forum

3) I love playing mahjong! And I like the idea of Nintendo releasing another mahjong game, as they have many times in the past!

Thank you for believing in me!

I suppose that's true. I think it came off as shitposting to me in the context of a list of games that wouldn't really make sense for a logical first-party (and third-party, even) lineup when you'd expect them to have some more mainstream games, along with the title "Curse of Yakuman" which doesn't make sense for a Mahjong video game. If it wasn't for the goofy game titles I'd at least understand it as overly wishing-for-your-specific-tastes-to-be-fulfilled posting though.

See, the problem here is that we can't always assume the worst on everyone's posts like that. Few people actually are in for the shitposting, it's a lot healthier to assume anything off or weird you see is them genuinely thinking something that doesn't come out well, than it being a shitpost.

Or them being temporally very drunk like I'm right now, that can also be it!

They are the TRANSformers for a reason, after all!

Arcee is also, for a very complicated plethora of reasons and problematic writing, canonically Trans!!

Thank you for believing in me!

β™₯

Only thing I’m predicting is 4K support for evergreen titles as part of the early pitch.

If there’s any takeaway from the Bloomberg reporting saga it’s that developers preparing their games for 4K was probably a thing, and it’s probably something Nintendo’s done for many of their their existing titles.

Or them being temporally very drunk like I'm right now, that can also be it!

That was me on Saturday night! Watched a Hong Kong action film, more Beast Wars, and some G1 Transformers with my GF. A great time!

Enjoy your night, drink lots of water and make sure to eat plenty, but not too much!

Arcee is also, for a very complicated plethora of reasons and problematic writing, canonically Trans!!

β™₯

Yep! That's why she's going to be the star of the next Transformers: Devastation game, along with Anode and Lug, two characters from the comics who are also trans! And I can't forget Howlback; a blue recolor of Ravage who's trans as well. There's a reason they're not the cisformers!

Elden Ring & Final Fantasy 7 Remake would be nice innit

Assuming a early 2024 launch and talking only about big third parties publishers late ports, don’t want to speculate about unannounced new releases and/or include retro compilations/remasters

Japan
  • Capcom: RE Engine games, REVII/Village/2R/3R/4R, DMC5. No SF6, they will wait for a Super iteration (mid 2025?). DD2 is it releases next year.
  • Bandai-Namco: Tekken 7, Ace Combat 7 and Tales of Arise
  • SEGA: nothing lol
  • Square-Enix: FFVIIR1, FFXV
  • Koei-Tecmo: Wo Long
  • Konami: SH projects if they are releasing next year

Western
  • EA: nothing lol
  • Take-Two: RDR2, Mafia
  • Ubisoft: An Assasins Creed title, what else? Avatar?
  • Activision-Blizzard: Diablo 4, COD
  • Warner Bros: Suicide Squad (if it doesn’t flopped lol), Mortal Kombat 12

That was me on Saturday night! Watched a Hong Kong action film, more Beast Wars, and some G1 Transformers with my GF. A great time!

Enjoy your night, drink lots of water and make sure to eat plenty, but not too much!

RIGHT I forgot food was a thing, I knew I was forgetting something

Yep! That's why she's going to be the star of the next Transformers: Devastation game, along with Anode and Lug, two characters from the comics who are also trans! And I can't forget Howlback; a blue recolor of Ravage who's trans as well. There's a reason they're not the cisformers!

I only got Transformers Battlegrounds on Switch because Arcee was playable, tbh

Assuming a early 2024 launch and talking only about big third parties publishers late ports, don’t want to speculate about unannounced new releases and/or include retro compilations/remasters

Japan
  • Capcom: RE Engine games, REVII/Village/2R/3R/4R, DMC5. No SF6, they will wait for a Super iteration (mid 2025?). DD2 is it releases next year.
  • Bandai-Namco: Tekken 7, Ace Combat 7 and Tales of Arise
  • SEGA: nothing lol
  • Square-Enix: FFVIIR1, FFXV
  • Koei-Tecmo: Wo Long
  • Konami: SH projects if they are releasing next year

Western
  • EA: nothing lol
  • Take-Two: RDR2
I doubt Namco would port Tekken 7 when Tekken 8 is just around the corner.

I think they can’t and won’t make games for hardware that doesn’t meet today’s standards. They aren’t picky about where else their games hit tho. It’s just that the games end up releasing in roughly the same state across platforms and the current Switch isn’t suitable in the slightest.
don't their games run like shit tho. it's not like they are pushing the hardware either.

It'll probably launch with a few titles and get a good healthy monthly release schedule like with the Switch launch year.

I think it will launch with Metroid Prime 4 or a new 3D Mario followed by Mario Kart 9, Zelda DLC and next gen patch. Smash and Animal Crossing are serious first year candidates too as it has been a while and a 2D Mario seems likely to me. Luigi's Mansion 4 and a Mario Party are also likely.

Hopefully we'll see a return of Nintendogs and Nintendo Land and Snipperclips.

Lots of stuff released in 2017, 2018 and 2019 that didn't get sequals already are candidates imo.

Okay, it's very intentional. I mean, look at all the other games in the list.

The post is definitely intentional, what i can't say is if it's intentionally intended as a shitpost. I can't judge shitpostness accurately because one person's shitpost is another person's treasure.

I mean my Switch 2 launch wishlist would very seriously be ARMS 2 and Style Savvy and i would be dead serious about it.

Launch day: Hi-Fi Rush, FFXIV, FF16, Elden Ring, Metroid Prime 4.

Edit: Sorry, I don't mean to shitpost, Metroid Prime 4 is too unrealistic. Apologies.

strap in for a wild ride
  • Super Mario 4D World in which there is a surprisingly functional time travel mechanic. the first 5000 are misprinted as Super Mario 4K World
  • Yoshi’s Cringe Rodeo
  • Planet N β€” Nintendo’s most sadistic party game yet
  • Elden Ring……… cloud edition
  • Basebatbol β€” a Snipperclips-tier game where you Wii Sports bats. vampire themed. surprisingly funny and moving dialogue, delightfully queer characters
  • remember Fringe? FRINGE: THE GAME by… EA Sports??
  • long awaited sequel: Sturgeon Simulator
  • Rabbids vs. Capcom β€” fighting game but definitely not the one you wanted
  • Assassin’s Creed Overdrive β€” cyberpunk AC set in the future launches same day as other consoles
  • Castlevania: Fugue of the Starbound
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Untuned Crest β€” 2D Zelda that tries to break conventions, does some simply wild things. mostly focused on a β€œcrest” mechanic where you can wear crests, somewhat like masks in Majora’s Mask. music plays a role, but the β€œtuning” mechanic is more similar to the radio in Oxenfree. tuning helps you phase an unfamiliar world. Not set in Hyrule.
  • Star Fox Groove β€” star fox finally becomes the shooter rhythm game it was always meant to be. imagine all threats are like guitar hero notes
  • finally, the indie sequel everyone has been waiting for: Vroom in the Sunshine!

shitposting
shitposting
which way did y’all turn at the sign that said aΜ΄ΜŒΝ Ν€Μ―bΜΈΜ‹Ν›Μ‘Ν†Ν„Ν—ΜΏΜ…ΜΌyΜΆΝ—Ν”sΜ΄Μ€ΜŽΜ‡Ν—ΜΝ—ΜΎΝ Μ‹Ν ΜΜˆΜ•ΝΝ’Ν…ΜΉsΜ΄Μ€ΜŽΜ‡Ν—ΜΝ—ΜΎΝ Μ‹Ν ΜΜˆΜ•Ν?

I’m not retroactively undoing my shitpost post now that I’ve read that shitposts are frowned upon in here, but I will attempt to bribe shitloathers if it becomes an issue

let’s see, I’ve got uh

famicoin

a bag of toenail clippings

played-out animal mashups from a bygone age

take your pick

dgTRsax.jpg

Back
Top Bottom