• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Super Smash Bros. Min Min amiibo releases on April 29th; Steve and Alex delayed to later in 2022

Nooooo, not more amiibo delays! I’m guessing the chances of getting more Player 2 amiibo after we get all the DLC fighter amiibo (including Sora…right?? ._.) is pretty much nonexistent at this point, huh? =(

The Steve amiibo getting delayed is pretty unusual, considering they have plenty of previously released merch to use as a base.
I'm not sure how COVID might have impacted the amiibo production line, but that feels like a likely culprit here.

god, I'm gonna buy an insane amount of amiibos in 2022

Min-Min, Alex, potentially Splatoon 3 ones

what a crazy year

Hope to see pre-order links up.

I'm super scared when it comes to Sora, Sephiroth and pyra+mythra because of the sheer amount of fans wanting those Amiibo. Sora especially considering he probably won't ever be re-printed cause of the disney of it all.

Was thinking about this last night, glad we got Min Min on the way soon. I’m eager to complete the Smash collection.

I'm super scared when it comes to Sora, Sephiroth and pyra+mythra because of the sheer amount of fans wanting those Amiibo. Sora especially considering he probably won't ever be re-printed cause of the disney of it all.
Sora isn't confirmed in the first place!

unknown.png

It's very possible we may not get one at all.

Hope to see pre-order links up.

Pretty sure Sora isn't getting one at all

I think I saw someone say once that the game files aren't even set up for a Sora amiibo like all the other characters are for their own, but don't quote me on that

Looks great. I like that they fashioned the clear plastic stand in a way that looks like it’s a part of the design.

I think I saw someone say once that the game files aren't even set up for a Sora amiibo like all the other characters are for their own, but don't quote me on that
This is also true; the announced amiibo all have data to support them in the game already, and Sora doesn't.

This is also true; the announced amiibo all have data to support them in the game already, and Sora doesn't.
Still holding out hope that this is only because the Sora amiibo hasn’t been announced yet due to production deals for it not having been finalized at the time, and that Nintendo is sitting on a build of the game that does include support for Sora’s amiibo and they’ll push it out sometime before it releases.

…There’s a chance, right? ._.

I'm absolutely gonna try and get a Min Min. I missed Byleth unfortunately so I no longer have the complete set. Heard they were gonna do reprints at some point? Gonna look out for that.

Well it is merchandise... I wouldn't be surprised to see Disney wanting licensing fee for the amiibo alone.

Already have Min-Min pre-ordered. The fact that it will likely be among the only ARMS merch available makes it a must buy by itself!

I'm absolutely gonna try and get a Min Min. I missed Byleth unfortunately so I no longer have the complete set. Heard they were gonna do reprints at some point? Gonna look out for that.
Yes, Byleth is getting a reprint; almost certainly alongside FE Warriors in June. Worth keeping an eye out for it! Kirby line will be getting a reprint next month too, for people who want to catch those.

fmgaajL.png

how the fuck is a piece of plastic of a block man delayed

As long as Sephiroth is out before the fall that's all that matters. Was hoping for Sora but if that's a no then I guess I only have 1 amiibo to look forward to anyhow

I feel like they are still going to be releasing Smash Bros amiibos in 2023.

Also, I'm not trying to think about the Sora situation.....

I'm still waiting for them to finally give Joker a reprint, have my order now for many months, but still nothing :(

While currently true, it's also hardly difficult for there to be a very minor patch to add data for that.

Min Min looks absolutely stellar, too bad about the delay of the rest.

I'm still hopeful with Sora getting an Amiibo - I think they went through enough hassle to get it to Smash that they secured to make the Amiibo as well.
But it's probably going to be an event.

Corrin player 2, the one I am missing and it's probably never going to get a reprint which sucks.

Back
Top Bottom