• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Super Monkey Ball Banana Rumble — Pre-release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: new Multiplayer trailer + previews, see threadmarks)

A ton of previews dropped too, and they're all quite positive!
I'm glad the new characters they showed off last trailer are in fact playable, but I'm really hoping Jam and Jet show up again too. They've been shafted for far too long, their only playable appearance outside of party games was Banana Mania, where they reused their SMB3D models and AiAi's animations for some reason, even though they had full animation sets from Banana Splitz.

previews New
You can see how seriously developer Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (the same developer behind Like a Dragon) is taking this installment when you pop open the settings menu. There, players can adjust the most minute of details, down to setting dead zones for their joysticks.
HELL YEAH!

HELL YEAH!
Man, so happy to see this love and passion for our little monke friends again after so long. So weird seeing a Switch-exclusive from RGG Studio and funnier still after Nagoshi's departure. Might explain why it took so damn long.

Now if we could get Yakuza on Switch in any form we'd be gravy. Fuck I'd take a port of Yakuza 1 & 2 HD and localized without a dub (as they got big names in Yakuza 1 like Mark Hamill!). Genki was behind that, they're not super busy these days, or O-TWO who did Shining Resonance Refrain and Valkyria Chronicles on Switch specifically.

Last edited:
Sega will have a public demo for the game... for a festival in Japan.
Honestly though I think it's very likely this demo will be released on the eShop at a later date. Sega has not been a stranger to downloadable demos, so I think the fact a demo build exists is a good sign, even if most people reading this can't play it.

Back
Top Bottom