• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Super Mario Wonder: The Official Potato Chip of the Game

What will it taste like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Clov

An ethernet cable girlfriend
Pronouns
She/Her
We all knew the day when we'd be confronted with a "Wonder Flavor" potato chip would come, and come it has. In all their infinite wisdom, Nintendo has finally allowed the popular "Super Mario Wonder" video game to be adapted into the higher medium of potato chips.

PXL-20231126-103558047.jpg

As you can see, the canister claims that the chips are "Wonder Taste". What IS wonder taste exactly? Very soon, the bold and lovely @Phosphorescent Skeleton and I will embark on a perilous journey to find out. We've narrowed down the only reasonable flavors it could be and created a poll for you to speculate over, since we both know how much this forum loves chip speculation.

What will it be, and will we survive?

Golden Wonder crisps

Heh. I haven’t seen these in the wild yet, but one of the Asian markets had a bunch of other Mario licensed Chip Star potato chips on display last week. It’s kinda surreal.

brace yourselves because that’s gonna taste like mochi ice cream if it were made out of squirrel

Curry, but specifically, Japanese curry. Not the raw roux though.

Voted for nail polish because we don't get enough snacks that are nail polish flavored.

Which is understandable, because that would be sort of terrible, but also, more options is always a good thing. Who am I to tell people to not eat nail polish flavored chips?

Voted for nail polish because we don't get enough snacks that are nail polish flavored.

Which is understandable, because that would be sort of terrible, but also, more options is always a good thing. Who am I to tell people to not eat nail polish flavored chips?
Isn't nail polish eating pretty erm toxic?

OT

Oh great more stuff for scalpers to resell.

PXL-20231126-105736129.jpg

So inside the canister you get a sort of wrapper with Mario designs on it. Because of course it's not enough to just put chips in a can, you also have to surround them with plastic. Otherwise the Wonder Taste might get out.

Opening that, we get...

PXL-20231126-105838872.jpg

PXL-20231126-105851853.jpg

Hm...

I'm almost feeling that the chips are actually purple sweet potato.

Putting that aside I'm thinking some sort of tropical spiced dish flavour with floral tones of some sort it's annoying that searching online just lists a non-descript curry...

If it's themed after the game itself, it should probably taste like the bittering agent used on Switch game cards.

if it doesn’t flip the building and make your pipes writhe… I’ll be disappointed

We're being left in suspense, I see...

I'm excited to find out what these posh crisps actually taste like. The fact that they sorta match your avatar and chosen Fami theme just rounds out the whole aesthetic.

Purple potatoes?

(I appreciate the quotation marks on "Italian" in the poll btw :ROFLMAO:)

I dunno... Pikmin gummies? Mario chocolate? Yoshi's Cookies? The possibilities are mind boggling...

Sounds good. Hopefully you make threads for each of those so we have more interesting threads here and not "would u buy switch 2 if it launched for $70 but no third party support???"

Since Wonder's gimmick was practically not knowing what the next Wonder Seed will do to the level, it should be the Beanboozled of potato chips

I'm unsure as to what normal curry even tastes like. Isn't it a very versatile dish anyhow? How does one distill this into chip form?

No one took the opportunity to say "I wonder what Super Mario Bros. Wonder potato chips taste like?"

Back
Top Bottom